Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

KRSOne

Also, Marvel knows the MCU has worked because people are invested in the characters they've been with for years. They're not going to pull a Justice League and neutralize all the other heroes for the character we met in the last movie to be the only one who can accomplish anything.

Though if she accomplishes a single thing in Endgame, hissy fits galore.
The Feminazi will take out the Malthusian Environazi.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Captain Marvel had a healthy increase of +33% yesterday thanks to discount movie Tuesday. This is in line with Thor Ragnarok's +31.2% increase on it's first Tuesday.

Doctor Strange didn't get quite the same boost (+23%) because it's 2nd Tuesday fell on Election Day in 2016.

Thor Ragnarok's 2nd weekend was -53.5%. Like Doctor Strange it got a boost from Veteran's Day falling on it's 2nd Friday.

So look for Captain Marvel to take a fairly big nosedive of over 40% tomorrow and drop another 10% on Thursday before leveling off on the weekend. Again, a drop of around 60% would be considered normal.
Factual Pig stinks. Even white knight Pig is more fun than this.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Factual Pig stinks. Even white knight Pig is more fun than this.
I’m only ever factual. Sometimes folks don’t like the facts and get combative, but that’s not mine or the facts’ fault.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Saw Climax instead. That is why I director.

Bobobie

Captain Marvel had a healthy increase of +33% yesterday thanks to discount movie Tuesday. This is in line with Thor Ragnarok's +31.2% increase on it's first Tuesday.

Doctor Strange didn't get quite the same boost (+23%) because it's 2nd Tuesday fell on Election Day in 2016.

Thor Ragnarok's 2nd weekend was -53.5%. Like Doctor Strange it got a boost from Veteran's Day falling on it's 2nd Friday.

So look for Captain Marvel to take a fairly big nosedive of over 40% tomorrow and drop another 10% on Thursday before leveling off on the weekend. Again, a drop of around 60% would be considered normal.
I'm hearing there was a 72% drop on Monday earning around 10.8Mn.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I'm hearing there was a 72% drop on Monday earning around 10.8Mn.
Yep. Perfectly normal drop in line with other Marvel movies such as Thor Ragnarok and Doctor Strange.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017.htm

Let me guess - you also heard this was not normal and some sort of sign that the movie is a failure? If that’s the case, it’s well past time you started questioning the people you’re hearing it from. They are lying to you. Why?

LiddyRules

Yep. Perfectly normal drop in line with other Marvel movies such as Thor Ragnarok and Doctor Strange.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel2017.htm

Let me guess - you also heard this was not normal and some sort of sign that the movie is a failure? If that’s the case, it’s well past time you started questioning the people you’re hearing it from. They are lying to you. Why?
Hey. Less people saw it on a weekday than a weekend. Men win!

Bobobie

It was the title of a youtube video in my suggested feed.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I didn't realize Brie had an scowl-free starlet phase before she hit her sell-by date.

Never saw Scott Pilgrim, but Brie is pretty insanely hot in this sizzle reel. Damn. I almost forgive her hatred of old white guy reviews.

And I actually kinda like that song she's singing (lip syncing?) in the end here.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
$69.3 million second weekend. Dips just 54.8%. $760 million global total.

I’m honestly shocked. Black Panther you could say had its interest piqued with Civil War. No lead-up for Captain Marvel at all. I was expecting Ant-Man Numbers.

LiddyRules

$69.3 million second weekend. Dips just 54.8%. $760 million global total.

I’m honestly shocked. Black Panther you could say had its interest piqued with Civil War. No lead-up for Captain Marvel at all. I was expecting Ant-Man Numbers.
You're missing the bigger story.

Its second weekend was LOWER than its first weekend! Men win!