Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Yeah it tends to do that. Mr Sunday Movies fucked it up and his honest mistake turned into a big fat lie.
I saw it on the internet, and thought it was funny, then I saw Mr. Sunday say the same thing...and laughed again.

I wonder if internet source #1 got it from MSM.

I'd let Space Lady try the radio.
Fury is not gonna let a bitch touch his radio.

Also, Nevermind was on vinyl in 1991. I would expect at least you to know that.
I thought that sounded a little weird when @BIV mentioned it. I tried to look up the information online but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Sounds like something the anti-Captain Marvel people would start.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I thought that sounded a little weird when @BIV mentioned it. I tried to look up the information online but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Sounds like something the anti-Captain Marvel people would start.
Research schmisearch, that's what I say.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Ugh....and "I'm just a girl" playing during the fight scene was chill inducing.
She's a strong lady and strong ladies are just girls at the end of the day.

I think we can all learn something from this.

I finally got around to watching this. Now that I know the full story about the Brie Larson backlash, all I have to say is this. If she would have dropped the "white" part and said I don't make movies for the critics, it wouldn't be as bad. While I don't like any actor or director using that defense as to why their movie didn't succeed at the box office, those who have used it seemed to come out unscathed after they have said it.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
If she would have dropped the "white" part and said I don't make movies for the critics, it wouldn't be as bad.
I think changing it from "white male critics" to "male critics" would still rile people. You would be including non-white male critics that way, which might get you angry foreign dudes cursing her out in their silly broken English.

The situation would be 1000% funnier though. Indian/Arab guys trying to curse women out or hit on them via social media is one of the internets hidden gems.

I think changing it from "white male critics" to "male critics" would still rile people. You would be including non-white male critics that way, which might get you angry foreign dudes cursing her out in their silly broken English.

The situation would be 1000% funnier though. Indian/Arab guys trying to curse women out or hit on them via social media is one of the internets hidden gems.

I should have also included "males" in my previous post.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Captain Marvel posted a -40% hold this weekend to cross $350 million Domestic. It is now the 8th highest grossing MCU Domestically.

It is also just $10 million away from passing the Billion Dollar mark at the Worldwide Box Office.

All of this off a budget of just $152 million makes Captain Marvel one of the most profitable and successful movies of all time.

So yeah...all those white guys going to see Alita instead really hurt it's numbers. :haha7:

Pigdango

Donator
Good luck finding it on vinyl.
Pretty easy to find if you feel like paying a few hundred bucks for that sort of thing. I’m guessing the Supreme Intelligence can afford it.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Captain Marvel posted a -40% hold this weekend to cross $350 million Domestic. It is now the 8th highest grossing MCU Domestically.

It is also just $10 million away from passing the Billion Dollar mark at the Worldwide Box Office.

All of this off a budget of just $152 million makes Captain Marvel one of the most profitable and successful movies of all time.

So yeah...all those white guys going to see Alita instead really hurt it's numbers. :haha7:

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Finally donated my money to defeat the patriarchy and saw CM yesterday.

Rated it a solid meh in my book. Entertaining but unnecessary. I wasn't outright bored like some of the MCU movies but I don't feel like it advanced the mythos much.

One thing that I must have missed.....how did she get the name "Captain Marvel"? She's referred to as Carol or "Vers" the whole movie. I get that her mentor/Kree professor was named "Mar-vell". I guess I didn't catch that jump somewhere.

Also, maybe a comic question...why are some Kree human flesh colored and some were blue?

Pigdango

Donator
Finally donated my money to defeat the patriarchy and saw CM yesterday.

Rated it a solid meh in my book. Entertaining but unnecessary. I wasn't outright bored like some of the MCU movies but I don't feel like it advanced the mythos much.

One thing that I must have missed.....how did she get the name "Captain Marvel"? She's referred to as Carol or "Vers" the whole movie. I get that her mentor/Kree professor was named "Mar-vell". I guess I didn't catch that jump somewhere.

Also, maybe a comic question...why are some Kree human flesh colored and some were blue?
Nobody ever calls her Captain Marvel in the movie. Fury refers to Mar-Vell as Marvel at the end of the movie, but that’s about it.

Based on that groan inducing Avenger thing at the end, her superhero name should be Captain Avenger.

Now if they were actually trying to be clever, her callsign would have been Marvel, and it would have been given to her by the person she knew only as Dr Lawson. But that would have been clever.

I might be wrong on this, but I think Mar-Vell was one of the only white Kree in the comics and was looked down upon because of it.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I remember the Mar-vell/Marvel conversation. I figured that's when she adopted the moniker.