Movie Captain Marvel, starring Brie Larson: 03/08/19

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
FMK the Ben Mendelssohn edition: Larson, Jones, Olivia Cooke
FMK in the order you listed them.

SEE THERE’S PIGGY WHITE KNIGHTING BRIE LARSON AGAIN! YOU GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO KILL HER FOR DEFENDING A WRINKLE IN TIME - A PROPAGANDA HIT PIECE AGAINST WHITE MEN! Q SAID SO! YOU GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO KILL HER AND HE STILL REFUSES TO DO IT! HE’S NOT ONE OF US! WWGROGUEONEWGA!!!!

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
FMK in the order you listed them.

SEE THERE’S PIGGY WHITE KNIGHTING BRIE LARSON AGAIN! YOU GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO KILL HER FOR DEFENDING A WRINKLE IN TIME - A PROPAGANDA HIT PIECE AGAINST WHITE MEN! Q SAID SO! YOU GAVE HIM A CHANCE TO KILL HER AND HE STILL REFUSES TO DO IT! HE’S NOT ONE OF US! WWGROGUEONEWGA!!!!
This is regular Olivia Cooke, not the Wurnous makeup job they gave her for RP0.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Wasn’t your primary beef with Captain Marvel that Brie Larson wasn’t charismatic enough? I will certainly respect that opinion, but then...you know. Rogue One has an entire cast like that - each one less charismatic than the last.
Honestly, I'm not willing to die on this hill.

Don't disagree at all about the lack of personality for Erzo and doof face. I really enjoyed the supporting cast, though. I also thought R1 was far more visually interesting.

But, yeah, the bad parts of R1 were strikingly bad.

Take out my SW bias and they are pretty much on par to me.

In fact, I haven't seen it since I've reached my current, full-disgust state with Star Wars. That's probably a good thing.

Pigdango

Donator
This is regular Olivia Cooke, not the Wurnous makeup job they gave her for RP0.
They made her look so hideous in that movie. It was close between her and Larson. In the end Larson wins because of one of the oldest rules on Wackbag.

Pigdango

Donator
Honestly, I'm not willing to die on this hill.

Don't disagree at all about the lack of personality for Erzo and doof face. I really enjoyed the supporting cast, though. I also thought R1 was far more visually interesting.

But, yeah, the bad parts of R1 were strikingly bad.

Take out my SW bias and they are pretty much on par to me.

In fact, I haven't seen it since I've reached my current, full-disgust state with Star Wars. That's probably a good thing.
Don’t ever watch it again, just watch the Darth Vader scene on a loop.

Here's the complete list of movies (currently) ahead of Captain Marvel. I will highlight the ones that I think are worse than Captain Marvel:

Star Wars The Force Awakens
Black Panther
Avengers Infinity War
Titanic
Jurassic World
The Avengers
Star Wars The Last Jedi
Incredibles 2
The Dark Knight
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Beauty and the Beast
Finding Dory
Star Wars The Phantom Menace
Star Wars A New Hope
Avengers Age of Ultron
The Dark Knight Rises

Shrek 2
ET
Hunger Games Catching Fire
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men's Chest

Lion King
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Toy Story 3
Wonder Woman
Iron Man 3

Captain America Civil War
Hunger Games
Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle
Spider-Man
Jurassic Park
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
Frozen
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2
Finding Nemo
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
Lord of the Rings Return of the King

And I think when you really look at this list, I'm probably being generous. You could make a case for a few others being worse than Captain Marvel. (Looking at you, Revenge of the Sith)
Here is how I would rank the ones that I have seen:

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Black Panther
3. GOTG Vol. 2
4. Age of Ultron
5. Captain Marvel
6. Wonder Woman
7. Iron Man 3
8. The Hunger Games
9. The Last Jedi
10. Catching Fire
11. Dead Men's Chest
12. Revenge of the Sith
13. The Phantom Menace
15. Rogue One

BIV

Don’t ever watch it again, just watch the Darth Vader scene on a loop.
It's amazing that a new Star Wars is coming out this year and I, of all people, don't give a fuck.

Look what they've done to my Star Wars

Pigdango

Donator
It's amazing that a new Star Wars is coming out this year and I, of all people, don't give a fuck.

Ah when that first trailer drops the sins of The Last Jedi will be forgotten forever.

BIV

F Larsen
M Cooke
K Jones

But I could switch any of them

BIV

Ah when that first trailer drops the sins of The Last Jedi will be forgotten forever.
Don't count on it.

Not that it'll stop me from catching it first week. Because.....Because.

LiddyRules

I read an article where Johnson was like "yeah, they can change what they want. Whatever." Which gives credence to the JJ had no plan theory.

I also want to add that part of the reason I don't harp on Johnson and the SJWism as much as others is that I've seen all his other movies and there's not a hint of that ideology in any of them. I'm looking forward to Knives Out.

BIV

I read an article where Johnson was like "yeah, they can change what they want. Whatever." Which gives credence to the JJ had no plan theory.

I also want to add that part of the reason I don't harp on Johnson and the SJWism as much as others is that I've seen all his other movies and there's not a hint of that ideology in any of them. I'm looking forward to Knives Out.
I never thought it was him to begin with. Not primarily, at least. It's Kathleen Kennedy....who, after R1, TLJ and Solo, somehow still has a fucking job.

Pigdango

Donator

I will go to my grave that JJ had a plan, and Johnson executed it. The only thing that would convince me otherwise is them firing Johnson from the trilogy he is working on.

LiddyRules

I will go to my grave that JJ had a plan, and Johnson executed it. The only thing that would convince me otherwise is them firing Johnson from the trilogy he is working on.
I'm Team #MysteryBoxBitches

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

I don't remember any SJW stuff off the top of my head. Other than the female lead fleet. Who allows a woman to drive? Absurd!

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
IMO, it's near the top of the "lower third" of the Marvel movies. A very "meh" film. Not bad, but not really worth watching again.
Definitely lower third. Not terrible like Dark World or endlessly boring like Black Panther. Just meh. I saw it, not looking forward to watching it again. So that puts it somewhere around Ant Man I guess.

BIV

Definitely lower third. Not terrible like Dark World or endlessly boring like Black Panther. Just meh. I saw it, not looking forward to watching it again. So that puts it somewhere around Ant Man I guess.
I need to do a list, but lower than AM, IMO.

That villain tho.....

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I need to do a list, but lower than AM, IMO.

That villain tho.....

Here's my list from right after IW

And my new, hot off the press ranking

1. Winter Soldier
2. Civil War
3. Infinity War
4. Ragnarok
5. GOTG
6. Iron Man
7. First Avenger
8. GOTG2
9. Avengers
10. Homecoming (mostly for Vulture)
11. Age of Ultron
12. Doctor Strange
13. Antman
14. Thor
15. Iron Man 3
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Black Panther
18. Iron Man 2
19. Dark World
My new ranking with the 2 most recent releases

1. Winter Soldier
2. Civil War
3. Infinity War
4. Ragnarok
5. GOTG
6. Iron Man
7. First Avenger
8. GOTG2
9. Avengers
10. Homecoming
Ant Man and Wasp
11. Age of Ultron
12. Doctor Strange
13. Antman
14. Thor
Captain Marvel
15. Iron Man 3
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Black Panther
18. Iron Man 2
19. Dark World

And looking at my list, I'm still satisfied with this ranking, but I could see dropping GOTG2 down a few notches, and maybe moving Doc Strange ahead of AoU.

Pigdango

Donator
Here's my list from right after IW

My new ranking with the 2 most recent releases

1. Winter Soldier
2. Civil War
3. Infinity War
4. Ragnarok
5. GOTG
6. Iron Man
7. First Avenger
8. GOTG2
9. Avengers
10. Homecoming
Ant Man and Wasp
11. Age of Ultron
12. Doctor Strange
13. Antman
14. Thor
Captain Marvel
15. Iron Man 3
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Black Panther
18. Iron Man 2
19. Dark World

And looking at my list, I'm still satisfied with this ranking, but I could see dropping GOTG2 down a few notches, and maybe moving Doc Strange ahead of AoU.
I am seriously wanting to bite your Taserface for putting Guardians v2 above Avengers.

And Winter Soldier #1 overall? The fuck?

Just answer me this - how do those bullets work? Do they go through buildings? How powerful of a gun do you need to hit a target in NYC from Washington? Fuck NYC, how ya gonna hit a mother fucker in China from NYC? Are they guided bullets? What if the person moves in the time it takes the bullet to circle the globe? Is each bullet keyed into someone’s DNA?

This.

Sorry to get so deep and lengthy during your discussion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk