hulu Castle Rock: The Extended Stephen Kingniverse - Hulu

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
For years, I was wondering when we'd get to Stephen King reboots. So many movies were made of his books in the 1980s, then they dried up after they all failed, but now they're apparently coming back in force with It, The Dark Tower, and is The Stand still happening?

Hulu - the streaming service no one has because if you wanted to watch TV, you'd get cable - is joining with JJ Abrams and bringing them all together with Castle Rock.

This teaser is pretty much the extent of the information I could find. That, plus this clip from the Needful Things segment

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland

I wish i could mspaint and make him a castle

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I feel like the connections in Stephen King stuff are all too tenuous to build a shared universe of sorts, and they all revolve around the Dark Tower anyway, and are those movies going to be related to this? Who knows?

I'm still surprised we haven't seen a Talisman movie/show yet since aside from the Dark Tower novels, The Talisman and Black House feature the most connections to other King works as far as I know.

But yeah, not feeling it.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I feel like the connections in Stephen King stuff are all too tenuous to build a shared universe of sorts, and they all revolve around the Dark Tower anyway, and are those movies going to be related to this? Who knows?

I'm still surprised we haven't seen a Talisman movie/show yet since aside from the Dark Tower novels, The Talisman and Black House feature the most connections to other King works as far as I know.

Me neither, but I think mine mostly comes from the previous disappointment of the Hulu/King pairing for 11/22/63. I just don't have the faith that Hulu is going to make a deep, interesting enough series at this point.

Chip Spackler

Patron Saint of Autists
Donator
Jan 5, 2016
I had to drive a lot with zero cell phone reception this weekend so I started listening to 'The Drawing of the Three' again out of boredom.

Some things just don't need film adaptations...

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

It would have to be a Twilight Zone type thing. Each episode or couple of episodes it's own story. Or maybe a serial with a new character or characters going from town to town and then getting in these stories.

I mean, his books have always been a shared universe. At the very least Carrie, Firestarter, Tommyknockers, It, The Body and Needful things. I think Christine and Pet Cemetery as well.

Then there is the second group: Gunslinger, Talisman, The Stand and Eye of the Dragon. I think the short story with the dude and eyeballs take place on the same beach that Frannie visits in The Stand.

The biggest issue I see is the timeline. For example, The Body/Stand By Me has Ace as a teenager and he is middle aged in Needful things.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
It would have to be a Twilight Zone type thing. Each episode or couple of episodes it's own story. Or maybe a serial with a new character or characters going from town to town and then getting in these stories.

I mean, his books have always been a shared universe. At the very least Carrie, Firestarter, Tommyknockers, It, The Body and Needful things. I think Christine and Pet Cemetery as well.

Then there is the second group: Gunslinger, Talisman, The Stand and Eye of the Dragon. I think the short story with the dude and eyeballs take place on the same beach that Frannie visits in The Stand.

The biggest issue I see is the timeline. For example, The Body/Stand By Me has Ace as a teenager and he is middle aged in Needful things.
"Misery" also makes reference to "The Shining"

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Anyone check it out yet? First two eps dropped today. Meh. Watched ep 1, not terrible, but slow starting.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
What about a series set in Midword before the world moved on and the Crimson King ruled. It would be cool to see places like Lud and the Inner Baronies in their prime. That Portal Way Station could be explained too.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
What about a series set in Midword before the world moved on and the Crimson King ruled. It would be cool to see places like Lud and the Inner Baronies in their prime. That Portal Way Station could be explained too.
This one I'd LOVE to see. I've always wanted to dig deeper into North Central Positronics, The Sombra Corporation, and the people behind Shardik and the rest of the guardians, the creation of the waystations, etc. I think that could be a fascinating story.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
I'm on the second episode. It's left me wanting more so far. Still have the 3rd one to watch.
They're doing this one weekly, Ep 3 should be here Wednesday.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Shit, it got interesting.
I'm guessing the Reverend was slightly Rapey with Molly? Henry is repressing some memory involving his dad and Molly.
The Devil Kid is Erik from Tru blood's brother. He has to duck to get through some doorways. Swedes are pretty fucking tall.