OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Caterpillar on track for record year after posting 44% increase in 3Q profits

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

"I got this!"

[​IMG]

:action-sm

2. MetalBender

MetalBender I like fistables.

I know they certainly have been selling and renting alot of equipment for miles around here. This spring every dump truck, loader, dozer and excavator in a five state area were in use, many 24-7 for about a month while the river was first coming up. Railroads, roads and bridges to rebuild now. Just yesterday(after 4 months) a 140 mile trip to work is now a 16 mile trip again.

3. sniper2323

sniper2323 The true north Idaho P.O.W.

I know that I USED to be a huge Cat fan equipment. Now I am a fan of old Cat equipment. The new stuff is overpriced junk. We have a new loader that is top heavy as hell. has been to the dealer 4 times due to a wheel locking up while it is going down the road. Oh and the dumping a rock load in a dump truck softly is impossible as the hydraulics fight each other. After 4 times to the dealer, guess what... Still not fixed. Just got a new John Deere and we are very happy. I own a '63 D-8 Cat dozer, and I love it. 10 degrees outside, if it is plugged in, it will fire off everytime. No problems.

4. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I haven't used any CAT equipment built after 2002, but I have never had a problem with them. John Deere is getting very good at building construction equipment. We needed a small dozer and bought a JD 550 five years ago and the fucker is very easy to operate and never breaks down.

Good to hear one company in America is doing well.

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Aren't they building equipment in China now?

6. Joker1919

Joker1919 Registered User

My old man has had a Deere dozer for about 10 years now and we haven't had a problem with it. I am a fan of CAT myself. I like working on the engines and the majority of the ones I have worked on have been pretty mechanic friendly. I haven't had too much experience with the new equipment and I have heard some complaints like what sniper said and some of the guys around here have gone away from CAT when it comes time to buy new equipment because they don't seem to have as much ass as the old CAT equipment does. That might have to do with new emissions shit or something else I don't know. People around here are buying a lot of Deere and Komatsu loaders, dozers, and earth movers. CAT still rules the coal fields here though.

7. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

I don't know what the build/assembly deal is with them (I heard Mexico a while back), but the story said 2,000 American jobs added, so that's what I was referring to. Probably could have worded it better.

8. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

I sure as shit hope they posted a profit. After laying off workers, closing plants, and moving things overseas, their plan to cut costs worked.

But a 44% increase seems like a little too much...the occupiers would disapprove.

9. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Umm yeah, BP has been drilling all over fuck here for natural gas and are building wind farms on the mountains....hmm guess what helps to build em.

10. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

I'm guessing a big chunk of their sales has been diesel engines. With the 2012 EPA rules about to go in effect for diesel particulate emissions, lots of companies are retrofitting their old iron with new engines and parts from CAT. Of course, the Chinese and demand in places like North Dakota and the Mississippi river region has helped as well.

11. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

I am sure worldwide demand is helped by the reconstruction after the various natural disasters we've seen as of late.

12. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

Tss tss they should change their name to Butterfly next spring or sumpin.