CBS Radio Realigns Management Structure (could this bring O and A back to Philly)

N

Normalman1977

Just wondering YSP, sucks with the music and i wont support that station again, but now im a at cross roads I got rid of xm when O and A were suspended and wont re sub, so now im just stuck with D/l the Show...but do you think this would bring back o and a to Philly and every where else they have been takin off of latley ?

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=499638
CBS Radio Realigns Management Structure
CBS Radio Realigns Management Structure

October 24, 2007

CBS Radio today announced the restructuring of its senior management and said it is eliminating regional management positions. Effective immediately, President and CEO Dan Mason will oversee the company's stations in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. All other CBS stations will be overseen by Scott Herman, who takes on the role of EVP of Operations. Herman most recently served as EVP of the Eastern Region.

CBS Radio also announced the appointment of Michael Weiss as President of Sales for the Division. Weiss currently serves as President of Sales for the CBS Radio division of independent sales firm Interep. Weiss replaces Michael Kincaid, who has resigned his position due to medical issues. Kincaid will be taking on a new position within CBS that will be announced at a later date.

"This reorganization is designed to implement a streamlined chain of command moving our division toward a more fully responsive and profitable position," commented Mason. "Our ratings have improved and a new head of sales will help us better monetize our recent success. Having someone of Michael’s capability and experience involved in all aspects of the sales performance at our local stations, and contributing to enhancing our relationships with national advertisers we are poised for a bright future. From Leslie Moonves on down, everyone at CBS firmly believes in the future of our business, and we look forward to further promoting the medium’s inherent strengths and capabilities."

"I’m very much looking forward to being more involved in the growth of CBS Radio," added Weiss. "Our portfolio of stations is second to none with strong brand name recognition and tremendous listener loyalty making them very attractive choices for advertisers. We have a tremendous opportunity ahead of us to take advantage of the strength of our combined traditional and new media assets, as well as our ability to target a myriad of consumers across several locations and demographics."

In other news, Regional VPs Don Bouloukos and Lisa Decker will remain with the company as SVP/Market Manager’s for New York, and Seattle and Portland, respectively. Bouloukos will also assume the role of SVP/GM of New York Sports station WFAN-AM

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Very interesting. I guess there is a chance O&A can go back on WYSP.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
Very interesting. I guess there is a chance O&A can go back on WYSP.
Dan Mason reigning in some out of control self-absorbed moral crusader..."whaa" Hope so.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Saw this article on FMQB, I wonder if this is what the staff audio before today's XM rejoiners was all about. "Are we going over there or are they coming here.." etc..

Is this Opie's "doozy"?

Not really sure what it means. I think i recall them having a good relationship with Dan Mason, perhaps he'll go to bat for them.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Saw this article on FMQB, I wonder if this is what the staff audio before today's XM rejoiners was all about. "Are we going over there or are they coming here.." etc..
I thought that was all about the merger, and who goes to whose studios. Opie sure loves to stir up the shit, don't he?

Why won't you re-sub to XM? Don't feel like helping to pay the salaries of the talent that entertains you?

I support the local stations where possible, use their wow stickers, shop at their sponsors, and if I got an Arbitron book I'd log them down, but I sure as hell don't listen to them. XM may have fucked up when they suspended the show, but its not right to still punish them. You do realize that almost all "suspensions" end in firings. XM kept their word and returned the show on schedule.

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
....which also validates Ant's point in the uncomfortableness with Op screaming to fuck YSP in their fuckhole (in an FM-friendly way). Ant certainly had a point because suits do act the same way a lot of times.

Could be good for Philly syndication tho, which would make wake-up time to get in the car time much better for me and others who have XM in the car but not in the house.

Rumrunner

bring back the walkover
CBS email addresses

I sent a letter regarding my disappointment to YSP to a list of CBS execs that was compiled before during the O&a suspension. Feel free to cut and paste, put on the BCC: line so they don't think they are on a list.

CBS contacts: dan.mason@cbsradio.com, walter.berger@cbsradio.com, scott.herman@cbsradio.com, don.bouloukos@cbsradio.com, lisa.decker@cbsradio.com, david.goodman@cbsradio.com, richard.lobel@cbsradio.com, greg.strassel@cbsradio.com, joanne.hill@cbsradio.com, karen.mateo@cbsradio.com, chris.oliviero@cbsradio.com, john.mainelli@cbsradio.com glynn.walden@cbsradio.com, tchiusano@923freefm.com,

FYI these are the ones that came up UNDELIVERABLE maybe cause they have been re-org'd per the announcement above.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<greg.strassel@cbsradio.com>
Permanent Failure: 553_sorry,_this_recipient_is_not_valid_(#5.7.1)
Delivery last attempted at Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:06:43 -0000

<joanne.hill@cbsradio.com>

<john.mainelli@cbsradio.com>