cell phone suggestion?

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
currently i have the se w810i and am getting tired of it...plus my cingular (now at&t) contract just ran up and i'm ready to change to verizon. i've been looking at the lg voyager but everyone and their brother is sold out of it. also been looking somewhat at the venus but it just doesn't seem that great plus i read the bottom nav screen is kind of difficult to operate. anyone have any suggestions? price isn't much of an issue but anything like $500+ is a bit ridiculous.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Stick with AT&T and pick up the TILT...thing is sick.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
My contract ends in January. Im looking at getting a Helio Ocean. Those things are badass. Plus Helio includes texting and intertnet use in their plans on a 3g network for cheaper than most any other carrier.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i only get free phones

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I wanna find something that I can post drivel on this board with from work with

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I was looking at the Helio as well - $99 a month for unlimited everything. It has been using Sprint's network, but they may be switching (or have already done so) to Verizon's network.

My friend (on Verizon) had the Blackberry to replace his aging Treo. Returned it after a week or so and got the XV6800 instead. Much happier. Online its going for $399 plus another $50 rebate.

Avoid the Q - its not up to par with the other phones.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Stay away from the Q. IT FUCKING SUCKS.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
I use Sprint and have Treos, a 755 for work and a 700P for my personal phone. They have been good phones for me. I've used Palm products for years for work, so the operating systems are very familiar.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I was looking at the Helio as well - $99 a month for unlimited everything. It has been using Sprint's network, but they may be switching (or have already done so) to Verizon's network.

My friend (on Verizon) had the Blackberry to replace his aging Treo. Returned it after a week or so and got the XV6800 instead. Much happier. Online its going for $399 plus another $50 rebate.

Avoid the Q - its not up to par with the other phones.
The Ocean is on sale fro $199 too. Not bad for something really compareable to the iphone. That thing just looks soooo pimp.

With ATT, my bill is already over $100 with unlimited text, but no online capabilities. I have two lines as well and only one gets text. Even with one line it would still be over $100 with internet access.

Avoid the blackjack. Its junk.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I got a Blackberry Perl back in Oct. There's a bit of a learning curve with it, but I love the thing now. Small, light, and does a ton of stuff. Only complaint is that I can't get xmonline to work on it at all.

SKRI

Oct 26, 2007
I live in a big rectangle
anyone actually have the voyager?
yeah actually i just got one about a week ago as an early xmas gift. I personally love the thing! the touch screen kinda takes a minute to get used to (especially if you like to text when you drive. no buttons for your thumb to feel. ) but when ya flip it open ya gotcher full qwerty keyboard, left and right softkeys, Fn, Shift, Sym, Space all on the left side.

I dunno what else to say. someone ask something, its a great phone.

hell... i was stuck with this fucker for almost three years:

Rob

Lingerrring Longerrr
Wackbag Staff
Aug 12, 2002
Brainerd, MN
if you were going w/sprint, i recommend the LG Rumor... does everything...

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
yeah actually i just got one about a week ago as an early xmas gift. I personally love the thing! the touch screen kinda takes a minute to get used to (especially if you like to text when you drive. no buttons for your thumb to feel. ) but when ya flip it open ya gotcher full qwerty keyboard, left and right softkeys, Fn, Shift, Sym, Space all on the left side.

I dunno what else to say. someone ask something, its a great phone.
how's the vibrate? i'm in class a bunch so i barely have the ringer on...i was reading that it's kind of weak.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
if you were going w/sprint, i recommend the LG Rumor... does everything...
I checked one of them out, I hate it, and it was clunky. About as clunky as the original V for verizon. Get a pearl for Sprint.

And, I think I'm the only person to like the Q.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
anyone actually have the voyager?
not yet but i think my wife is getting me one for christmas. i currently have the EnV and although it's on the "chunky" side for a phone it is by far one of the best phones i've eve owned. i checked out the voyager and it is not quite as thick as the EnV but it's a wee bit longer.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
not yet but i think my wife is getting me one for christmas. i currently have the EnV and although it's on the "chunky" side for a phone it is by far one of the best phones i've eve owned. i checked out the voyager and it is not quite as thick as the EnV but it's a wee bit longer.
...for that massive touch screen