OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Cell phone use in Europ

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by thereturn, Aug 6, 2011.

1. thereturn

thereturn Registered User

Will most likely be traveling over seas in a few months and I was wondering if anyone else had tried to use their phones while traveling in Europe, I thought since I had a sim card I could just replace my atrix with one I bought over there and it would work, now I am hearing that is not the case.

Does anyone know for sure? I really dont want to have to do anything to the phone since it will be the GF's as well and she will expect me to fix it when she cant get it to work.

2. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Depends. Can't tell if you're going to going across the pond or one of Jupiter's moons. :action-sm

Just do a search for "atrix unlock" on Ebay and then pop in a prepaid sim when you get over there. I think AT&T's GSM is slightly different than T-Mobiles over there as well, so you probably won't get 3G so don't count on that. Find out what "band" the countries you're going to over there.

3. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

My wife spent some time in Italy and her company paid for her AT&T usage while there, so we don't know how much it was, but it was fucking expensive. For a week of service+text+data was close to $300 I think.

Of course, she gets like 300+ emails a day (literally...) so consider the usage.

I would definitely look into the pre-paid option.