Chael being Chael

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/chael-sonnen-demands-ufc-contract/

Chael Sonnen gives list of demands for new UFC contract

By Joe Rocha on July 9, 2013

Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
He may not have been winning his fights as of late, yet he is a fan favorite and a heavy draw. “His mouth gets him fights.” Whatever works — the UFC’s most interesting man, Chael P. Sonnen continues with the antics on The [Stone Cold] Steve Austin Show, as he rambles off a list of demands in order to re-sign with the UFC.
1) Jello Biafra replaces Bruce Buffer as ring announcer.
2) Every fight I’m in must be a No. 1 contender fight or a title fight. If I lose, I get an immediate rematch until I win.
3) No media can look me in the eye or they will be removed from the room.
4) Headset legalized through the commission, so I can call my own fights.
5) No longer will I walk to the ring, I need to be carried.
6) Keys to your least favorite Ferrari [Dana].
7) I can Skype or Facetime my fights if I don’t feel like flying.
8) Tell GSP to quit being such a dick; I’ll return his truck when I’m done with it.
“It’s not all about money, people, there’s more to these contracts. They’re very sophisticated,” – Steve Austin Show
If you didn’t get the Jello Biafra reference, he’s the former lead singer of Dead Kennedy, as well as numerous other punk bands (love the reference). Like Chael, Biafra is a charismatic loud mouth who had also made failed attempts at politics. As for the rest of the demands, I will stare you in the face Chael every damn chance I get now! Obviously a fictitious list of witticism by “The West Linn Gangster.” My guess is Uncle Dana gives Chael a nice slap on the cheek and tells him to sign the damn contract.
Front-Page Photo Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Chael's just fun. He's a decent fighter, but he's an excellent entertainer.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Surprised they haven't offered him a play by play spot. He's a natural for it.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Surprised they haven't offered him a play by play spot. He's a natural for it.
I think he's just happier with the in-studio job on UFC Tonight. More steady work and less travel.

Rogan and Goldie are the prime announce team. Nobody's going to knock them off until one of them retires. The Jon Anik/Kenny Florian team seems pretty well ensconced as the "B" team. I think Chael would be great with KFlo or replacing KFlo, but the B team only announces when there is more than one UFC event for the month. Kenny also has studio work on occasion, but Chael seems to have locked himself in as a permanent studio guy, which is a damn good gig for him.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
He's just fun.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Ka-boom.

Yes, Chael has some difficult losses in the last 4 years. But they've been to Anderson Silva twice and Jon Jones. He's lost to two of the all-time guys.

Yes, he's awesome on the mike. But he's one hell of a fighter.

Oh, and his wife is smokin'.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Chael is an awesome showman/shit stirrer and fun to watch.

I thought that Overeem fight was done; damn Browne can take some punishment.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
Ka-boom.

Yes, Chael has some difficult losses in the last 4 years. But they've been to Anderson Silva twice and Jon Jones. He's lost to two of the all-time guys.

Yes, he's awesome on the mike. But he's one hell of a fighter.

Oh, and his wife is smokin'.
I didn't think Chael was going to win and certainly not in that fashion.

I figured 205 was to big for him and he belongs at 185 but that bastard can fight. I still rather see him at 185, I feel it's where he belongs and where guys more his size are.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006

Chael and our boy @Rance.

Tough loss last night, Joe. We're still behind you.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
I'm watching Chael highlights on YouTube. Not of Chael's fights: of his interviews.

I want a job where all I do is interview Chael. It would be the easiest job in the world. I make up 2 leading questions every week, ask them, and get 5 hours of Chael blabbing in response. It's hilarious.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
I'm watching Chael highlights on YouTube. Not of Chael's fights: of his interviews.

I want a job where all I do is interview Chael. It would be the easiest job in the world. I make up 2 leading questions every week, ask them, and get 5 hours of Chael blabbing in response. It's hilarious.
Did you see the pre-fight presser? They asked him why people should watch on saturday on FS1 and he basically said cause thats when it airs. If you watch friday, its not on, if you watch sunday you're a Johnny come lately. Smart ass.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Did you see the pre-fight presser? They asked him why people should watch on saturday on FS1 and he basically said cause thats when it airs. If you watch friday, its not on, if you watch sunday you're a Johnny come lately. Smart ass.
He sounds like Willie Sutton... "Because that's where the money is."

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
Did anyone catch Conor McGregor on the post show? He's not as clean cut as Chael for TV commentary but the guys fucking funny. The line about his watch and suit were the best of the press conference.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
Since most people are tied up with guys and Wandy can't train till January. Phil Davis is the guy being shot around by Dana as a possible next opponent.

Chael really wants to fight on the 20th anniv card with GSP as the co-main event but I don't think he should take this fight. Phil Davis is Chael's skill set but bigger and blacker, I could see him getting overpowered and maybe submitted. He should just wait a bit and move his ass back to middle weight.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
"Give us 3 minutes, which is enough time for Wanderlai Silva to tie one of his shoes. And they're velcro!"

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
"Give us 3 minutes, which is enough time for Wanderlai Silva to tie one of his shoes. And they're velcro!"
“You know, these guys want to talk about God. 'Oh, I want to thank God. I want to thank God.' Listen, I'm a God-fearing man, go to church every Sunday and have since I was a boy. But if I ever found out that God cared one way or another about a borderline illegal fist-fight on Saturday night, I would be so greatly disappointed that it would make rethink my entire belief system."

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
"When your trainer tells you to work off your left, he's not talking about that side of the menu."

"So right now, the floor is yours: Anything you want to ask, nothing off limits, any question, go ahead."
"Chael, when are you gonna fight Wanderlei?"
"I'm sorry, I can't answer that. Have a great day, gentlemen! Ka-boom!"

He's not even hosting and he still has the best lines for UFC Tonight.