Changes To RAW

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
From the observer

Raw expands to three hours

A major change in the show is that every episode will have elements of the former Cyber Sunday PPV shows, in the sense fans will be polled throughout the shows and be involved in making matches and stipulations.
I think that is a horrible idea

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I think that is a horrible idea
For once we agree. Of course, those polls are about as real as everything else WWE does. I doubt some poll is going to make Funkosaurus the next champion. But this constant obsession with social media HAS to stop. It's fucking horrible.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
For once we agree. Of course, those polls are about as real as everything else WWE does.
Shortly after the Katie Vick angle, the WWE conducted a poll at a live event. One of the questions was, - and I swear to God that this is true - "Would you like to see more storylines (either 'about' or 'featuring') necrophilia or Tourette's syndrome?" (The Tourette's thing is referring to Goldust.)

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
It amazes me that just 3 days after they put on the worst reviewed/booked RAW in a long time - they expand it to THREE hours

WWE is faltering worse than ever before

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Vince logic:
Creative is having massive problems.
I know how to solve it!
Add an extra hour they have to write for!

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
even when considering the wrestling fans the percentage that will watch 3 hours of wrestling every monday....I'm speechless...

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
Remember when there was legitemately 5 or so hours of watchable wrestling on tv. There was a time when both Raw and Nitro both were. How can they not figure this out. They have all the talent but Vince just can't keep his hands out of it.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They have plenty of good talent to take up the three hours. I'll never complain about more content, but let's see how this time is used.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Vince logic:
Creative is having massive problems.
I know how to solve it!
Add an extra hour they have to write for!
Yep, amazing isn't it?

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
Remember when there was legitemately 5 or so hours of watchable wrestling on tv. There was a time when both Raw and Nitro both were. How can they not figure this out. They have all the talent but Vince just can't keep his hands out of it.
I never watched a second of WCW, I didn't even have that channel when I grew up. The first time I ever saw Goldberg was when he was in Universal Soldier. True story :)

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Vince surrounds himself with people that agree with him
Hunter WAS the lone hope but seems to be kissing Vince ass as well
Ratings, buyrates, merch are all way down but Vince doesn't see a reason to change his booking style

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Maybe with these changes they'll stop the "still frames during the PPV recap" bullshit. Do they honestly think people won't buy replays if they show 5 seconds of video?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
This is humorous
Todd Martin who reviews & reports on RAW for Wrestling Observer has left that responsibility due to how bad RAW has been & the move to 3 hrs

As I’m sure a lot of people figured, weekly three hour Raws will spell the end of these reports from me. Watching a three hour show and writing a report the same night every week is just too much, particularly with the show generally not being that good. Giving up the reports has been something I’ve thought about for a while now because of the nature of the product, but the move to three hours made it an easy decision.

For subscribers to the website, I’ll continue following Raw and will discuss it every week with Bryan on Thursdays. If you’re not a subscriber I really encourage you to give it a shot because it’s a great value with so much entertaining content whether you’re heavily into the current product or not.

Being able to break up Raw over a couple days and fast forward or half pay attention to the worst stuff makes a big difference. I’m kind of expecting to enjoy the show more, because when there’s really bad stuff on Impact or Smackdown, I just mentally tune out and respond to e-mails or work on something else in the background. For Raw, I’m breaking down why it was bad and I can’t just save it on my DVR and pick it up another day. Everything else on my end will remain exactly the same, so you can reach me the same ways and look for my stuff in the same places. With a little extra time, I may throw up an added column on pro wrestling here now and then.

Sorry to the people who enjoy reading the reports. The funny thing is I expect Raw to move back to two hours within a year or so, but I’m not playing a game of chicken with WWE. I’ll keep doing these through the first three hour show in July, so you can continue to follow until then. Thanks to everyone for the support over the years!
Even people that are paid to watch are bailing
Last week did only a 2.9 (lowest in awhile) & this week would be luck to do the same, even though it was after a PPV

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
Maybe with these changes they'll stop the "still frames during the PPV recap" bullshit. Do they honestly think people won't buy replays if they show 5 seconds of video?
I don't think they can. I think it's a deal with the cable companies not to show video for x amount of days after a ppv.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I don't think they can. I think it's a deal with the cable companies not to show video for x amount of days after a ppv.
Possibly. It's a retarded rule if that's the case. Having audio with still pictures of an action based show just doesn't work. It would be like showing stills of a movie instead of the trailer.