Chavez accuses United States and Colombia of plotting attack against Venezuela

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez on Friday accused Colombia and the United States of plotting a military "aggression" against Venezuela.

"A military aggression is being prepared from Colombia against Venezuela by the United States," Chavez said. He warned Colombia not to attempt "a provocation against Venezuela" and said his country would cut off all oil exports in the event of a military strike from the neighboring country.

Chavez did not offer evidence to support his claim. He has repeatedly accused the United States of plotting to oust him or kill him, though it was the first time he has accused Colombia's U.S.-allied government in such strident terms.

"I accuse the government of Colombia of devising a conspiracy, acting as a pawn of the U.S. empire, of devising a military provocation against Venezuela," Chavez said.

He made the accusation just as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was visiting Colombia, saying she and two other senior American officials who have visited in Bogota recently "came to attack Venezuela" in their remarks. Rice did not mention Chavez during her earlier statements in Colombia.

Colombian presidential spokesman Cesar Mauricio Velasquez said his government had no immediate comment.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California

Colombian presidential spokesman Cesar Mauricio Velasquez said his government had no immediate comment because he was busy snorting blow.
I didn't have anything to add to this topic but as I was bored I decided to entertain myself with an outdated 80's drug reference.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Why wold we need to plot an attack against him? I think Colombia could kick the shit out of Venezuela by itself. It gets better US made weapons and has the most experienced troops in South America where actual jungle combat is concerned. They've been fighting FARC militants in the jungle for decades now. I don't know the last time Venezuelan troops had to actually engage in combat.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
Perhaps he finally heard Anthony's master plan.

liiiiiiiiiiiilooooo