Chicago Not Releasing Video of Officer-Involved Shooting of a Baby Boy

TravisRB69

Where's the riots for Amanda Blackburn? Oh that's right, she was white and it was 2 black guys that killed her. I guess that means #herlifedoesntmatter. Either that or white folks are too busy going to work or school to have time to riot.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm trying to figure how this amounts to first degree murder. That would mean he went there - to a crime scene, as part of his job - for the purpose of killing someone. I can only assume the charge is meant to placate the mob. Which it won't.
With charges like this I wonder if he was intentionally charged with a crime that has an impossible burden of proof.

I mean, you see in the video that he kicked the knife away. Just the fact that he is holding a knife should negate 1st degree murder.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Doesn't releasing the video and the subsequent chimping really make the jury selection a bit difficult?

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Doesn't releasing the video and the subsequent chimping really make the jury selection a bit difficult?
They'll file for a change of venue. It'll go to another county, someplace that people won't be able to use their ebt cards to bus it to.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
In defense of the cop, does anybody actually believe he as the mental capabilities to count to 16? If he could do that he'd actually have a legitimate job instead of being a cop.

In defense of the cop, does anybody actually believe he as the mental capabilities to count to 16? If he could do that he'd actually have a legitimate job instead of being a cop.
In defense of the cop, if some ones gonna be a problem, I'm sure as shit not counting bullets. Unload and let the reaper sort them out.

Uncle Earl

Blue collar avenger
In defense of the cop, if some ones gonna be a problem, I'm sure as shit not counting bullets. Unload and let the reaper sort them out.
Exactly

I'm sick of this equal force shit. A cop is supposed to only meet whatever apparent threat that some shit head is displaying.

Fuck that, if I have some asshole fucked up on PCP or whatever, walking around in the middle of the street with a blade in front of my house; OFFICER PLEASE TAKE THIS FUCKER OUT.

Why is no one putting any of the responsibility on this shit head?

When you make the decision to draw and shoot, it's because the threat is a danger to human life. Like a rabid dog, the threat doesn't end until it's dead.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
While the cop could be justified in shooting this guy, he's maybe a bit of an over eager beaver with 16 shots. He's kind of like how I'd imagine Paul Blart if he were a cop and looked like more of a child rapist.

With charges like this I wonder if he was intentionally charged with a crime that has an impossible burden of proof.

I mean, you see in the video that he kicked the knife away. Just the fact that he is holding a knife should negate 1st degree murder.
I was talking to a friend who is a Sergeant here and asked him about the first degree charge. He said there are other aspects that haven't been released yet that will make the charges make more sense. I'm guessing he said some shit to somebody in regards to how he would handle a scenario like what happened and then followed through.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Happy thanksgiving Chicago. Enjoy watching the chimpout and poo-flinging out the window while eating your turkey

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
I don't know how it is there in enemy territory, however in some other jurisdictions, the jury can decide what crime actually took place and make a finding on that. It isn't an all or nothing proposition. For instance, the defendant is charged for premeditated murder, and the burden for that crime isn't met, the jury can come back with a voluntary manslaughter/negligent homicide conviction instead.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
here is the full vid with sound

sounds fake?

i counted 10 shots. but my question is, the cop actually shot him 16 times? or fired his weapon 16 times? I'm slightly confused. i can completely understand him firing his weapon 16 times, in 15 seconds, pull the trigger till it doesn't go bang any more, but if he actually hit him 16 times., that is an INCREDIBLE hit ratio on a moving target in a stress fire situation. give that guy a metal! he should be teaching stress fire courses.
as for the guy laying on the ground, fuck em, keep shooting till the threat is stopped, stopped being a threat, is dead. the final should have been the cop putting two in his head.

BIV

here is the full vid with sound

sounds fake?

Sound is completely fake. It's illegal to have sound on dash cam footage. You can't record audio without permission.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Sound is completely fake. It's illegal to have sound on dash cam footage. You can't record audio without permission.
no its not. as a matter of fact the audio is vital. what they try to pull on citizens all the time is that its illegal to record police officers in some states with out permission, but, in a public space? yea its legal.

BIV

no its not. as a matter of fact the audio is vital. what they try to pull on citizens all the time is that its illegal to record police officers in some states with out permission, but, in a public space? yea its legal.
No, not if the recording device isn't visible and labeled or obvious. Even in a public space, unless you have a warrant, the person has to know they are being recorded. Again, video is okay, audio is not in most states.