Chicago Tavern serving Wings with the Worlds Hottest Peppers

MJMANDALAY

Snacking on a wing and a prayer

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A Chicago tavern said on Thursday it will begin selling chicken wings coated in one of the world's hottest peppers -- a dish so hot that patrons first have to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue for injuries. Jake Melnick's Corner Tap said the wings made with Red Savina pepper will be served with an alarm bell for patrons to summon waiters with sour cream, milk sugar and white bread if things get out of hand. Levy Restaurants, which owns the tavern, said its chef d'Cuisine Robin Rosenberg had been working on the concept for years but was never sure he'd be able to serve it. "This isn't the right sauce for everyone, but for someone out there, this is going to be absolute heaven. Of course, for a handful of people, it's going to be hell," he said.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Nice... road trip anyone? :icon_mrgr

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Big fan of hot wings, but this may be a tad to much for me.

Tax Kuntz

just being an ass
not me....mild is too hot for me.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
No way...not unless it comes with a tub full of preparation H the next day.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Nice... road trip anyone? :icon_mrgr
x2!! I want to try! I know they'll be too hot for me even though I like spicy, but I gotta say I tried it.

Shit yeah you gotta try them at least once. I would have three pitchers of ice water ready right there.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Shit yeah you gotta try them at least once. I would have three pitchers of ice water ready right there.
Nah, water doesn't help. Milk or beer is more gooder.

Red Savina pepper...
a.k.a. the red Habanero pepper. There are three different types ranging from 100k-500k Scoville (hotness; Jalepeno = 2,500). They are green, orange and red in order of lesser hotness to greater hotness.

Unfortunately the Habanero has been discovered to no longer be the hottest pepper in the world. The Naga Jolokia pepper is the world's hottest and it's from India. It's over 1,000,000 Scoville, twice the Red Savina Habanero.

But hey, it's all survivable. It is painful but the average can of pepper spray will at least be 2,000,000 Scoville and people live through BREATHING that shit into their lungs.

x2!! I want to try! I know they'll be too hot for me even though I like spicy, but I gotta say I tried it.
A lot of places like that will offer you like a half gallon of milk to drink to cool your mouth but make sure to not drink too much milk even though it feels good.

That's what will make people vomit, not the pepper.

pussy :action-sm I eat Habanero salsa. It's fucking heaven.

It's painful but then you hit euphoria once your adrenal glands release epinephrine to deal with the pain and inflamation.

Plus, salsa is just good for you. It's PACKED with vitamin C and other shit good for your heart along with cholestoral-reducing garlic. It's boosts your immune system.

Eat a bottle of salsa once or twice a week.

maz

TRueWDTer
just resumed the salsa eating

like when it makes my head sweat

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Remember to drink wax from a candle first.

I might try this, I'm not a particular fan of wings but I do like spicey stuff.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
There is a place in Philly that has these...the whole sign the waver deal. My dad will stop on get some when he is working down that way. Not sure if it is the same pepper, but they are brutal. Survivable, but brutal. Forget water, beer, etc....eat a slice of bread.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
pussy :action-sm I eat Habanero salsa. It's fucking heaven.

It's painful but then you hit euphoria once your adrenal glands release epinephrine to deal with the pain and inflamation.

Plus, salsa is just good for you. It's PACKED with vitamin C and other shit good for your heart along with cholestoral-reducing garlic. It's boosts your immune system.

Eat a bottle of salsa once or twice a week.
My homemade salsa has 10-12 habaneros for about 24oz. of salsa.The euphoria thing is right.I don't like Jalapenos tho'.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Remember to drink wax from a candle first.

I might try this, I'm not a particular fan of wings but I do like spicey stuff.
Sigh... I was hoping I could get to the end of this thread and be able to make a "Guatemalan insanity pepper" reference. You beat me to it sir...

That said, BRING IT. Again, I'd probably last one wing, not very much, but I'd need to know what it was like.

Shit that could check off my list of "try 20 new foods in 2008" easily...

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I sent the article to a friend of mine in California who grows hot peppers as a hobby. He also travels around the country to various pepper festivals. He sent me some useless trivia information:

"The Red Savina pepper is also known as “Dominican Devil’s Tongue Pepper”. It was found and raised in California."

Apparently, yes, it's VERY hot.

I'm with John & Lax, even mild is too hot for me

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Sigh... I was hoping I could get to the end of this thread and be able to make a "Guatemalan insanity pepper" reference. You beat me to it sir...
I knew someone would, I wanted to be number one.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Do you sit on the toilet while you eat these wings? "whaa"

ok everybody let me know when ya get here, i dont wanna miss out on a good multi point and laugh

MJMANDALAY

Wheres "Fat Opie" when ya need him?

Top Bottom