Chicago

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine
So, in about a month I may be going to Chicago with the wife. She has some sort of work crap to do during the days for 4 days, leaving me with free time to do whatever. What I need to know is what is there to do? Yeah Mollys cupcakes but even a fat fuck like me can only spend so much time there. SO what else? Hookers? Blow? Where do I get this? What places do I stay away from? Any cool bars I can go to and hang out at?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I believe this exact question came up recently and I'll say the same thing. The Hancock building is an amazing view. Go to the top floor and have a drink. Skip the Sears Tower or whatever it's called now.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Hancock > Willis/Sears

If the weather's nice walk around the park (Grant and the surrounding areas). Catch a Cubs game, if only for Wrigley Field.

Otherwise check out the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium. Art Institute of Chicago too.

The bus tours are pretty neat, try some Italian beef and as mentioned check out Wrigley Field and the whole Wrigleyville area, be sure to take a ride on their above ground trains and dig into some deep dish.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.

Whatever you do, don't do this. That glass box is my kryptonite. I would kick children down steps and throat punch puppies to keep from getting within 30 feet of that box. The pictures and video of people in that thing online give me the willies.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey

Whatever you do, don't do this. That glass box is my kryptonite. I would kick children down steps and throat punch puppies to keep from getting within 30 feet of that box. The pictures and video of people in that thing online give me the willies.
This reminds me of nightmares I've had. I don't like that feeling.

Jon the Cop

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana

Stood in there for like 15 minutes one day with my son. Even carried my gun up there. CPD guys take care of fellow cops. Much better option than leaving it in my SUV.

I did something like that in the CN Tower, I was fine, but I was also 7, I'd probably be more hesitant if I were to do it again.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis

That scares me but I'd still do it.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I conquered my fear of heights enough to function normally, but I admit that I never go out of my way to get the window seat on an airplane or ask for the table next to the window in one of those skyscraper restaurants. This glass box would be Everest for me.

Oh and the guy going to Chicago, the pan pizza is great there. Though many of the east coast savages on here will tout how much better it is in NYC.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I could handle the glass box, but I would be pretty freaked out. I went to Yosemite last summer and there are some insane heights... I always get a weird feeling around them that I try to explain as feeling the potential energy of leaping and jumping off the cliff... kinda like being on the edge of my personal destruction. Freaky stuff.

I tool this picture off Glacier Point. Kinda tough to tell from the angle, but that's a 3,000 foot drop directly below that small ledge in the picture.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
hit up the weiner circle. sassy sheboons take your order.
and that elevator is scary as fuck. i was freaking out on a fire escape in the city this weekend. i was also stoned as shit.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine
Yeah I am not doing the glass floor thingie, I doubt that anyone wants to clean up my runny diarrhea off that glass after I freak out and shit myself. I think the wife and I going to try the deep dish pizza one night, and maybe a nice steak house one night. I am on the fence about a Cubs game. I want to see the field and go to a game but the people that go just as a place to hang out/ drink/ girls that ask 'Was that a touchdown? Lol?' make me want to stab someone.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Chicago Pizza is pretty much a casserole; Chicago hot dogs are basically a sandwich on a bun. Still delicious, the both of them.
Giordano's is full of tourists, but the pizza is pretty good. Grab some Garrett's popcorn while you're there.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Chicago Pizza is pretty much a casserole; Chicago hot dogs are basically a sandwich on a bun. Still delicious, the both of them.
Giordano's is full of tourists, but the pizza is pretty good. Grab some Garrett's popcorn while you're there.
Went to Giordanos by mistake while working. I loved it.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
Architectural tour by boat. It was pretty cool just sailing on the river(s) getting the history of the city and seeing all that at sunset. Way better than a bus. Did teppanyaki at Ron of Japan too. Supposedly a big deal, we liked it a lot.

Stellarcomics - Do they still do the St. Rita's festival? Just wondering...best memory I have of Cincinnati is carrying around that silver bucket of beer and gambling.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I would skydive/bungee jump in a second. Just never had the chance to yet. I still want to do both at some point.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So you pussies wouldn't skydive either? Wimps...

Oh yeah - :action-sm
Fuck that, at least with sky diving you have a parachute. Fuck everything about that plexi glass anxiety cell. Id be sobbing like a child if I were in that box. I leaned my head against the glass when I was 11 and there is no way in hell you could get me to do that today.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
You're more likely to get stabbed in the city than fall through that glass floor.