Chinese Man Drops Dead After 3-Day Gaming Binge

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297059,00.html

BEIJING — A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge, state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cybercafe in the city of Guangzhou on Saturday afternoon after he had been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the United States. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Those Asians do this all the time. I hear a story like this at least once a year.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
How long before "Wackbagger found dead after three day posting binge".

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297059,00.html

BEIJING — A man in southern China appears to have died of exhaustion after a three-day Internet gaming binge, state media said Monday.

The 30-year-old man fainted at a cybercafe in the city of Guangzhou on Saturday afternoon after he had been playing games online for three days, the Beijing News reported.

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.The report said that about 100 other Web surfers "left the cafe in fear after witnessing the man's death."

China has 140 million Internet users, second only to the United States. It is one of the world's biggest markets for online games, with tens of millions of players, many of whom hunker down for hours in front of PCs in public Internet cafes.

Several cities have clinics to treat what psychiatrists have dubbed "Internet addiction" in users, many of them children and teenagers, who play online games or surf the Web for days at a time.
its sad that as soon as i read the headline the only thing i could think was "it happened again"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
He got an advance copy of Haro 3.
Them there asiatics don't play shooters. It reminds them of how they always get their asses kicked by the europeans. They like futuristic RPGs because it lets them pretend that they're important.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Them there asiatics don't play shooters. It reminds them of how they always get their asses kicked by the europeans. They like futuristic RPGs because it lets them pretend that they're important.
way to ruin the joke dummy

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I'd probably drop dead after 3 minutes on this.....

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I know someone who'd disagree with that