Chinese toddler drives car, sucks pacifier

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/news/3788620/Chinese-girl-aged-4-drives-car.html

A toddler driving through traffic: The 'shocking' video
A Chinese preschooler weaves along a four-lane highway — as filmed by her strangely indulgent parents from the backseat
posted on September 2, 2011, at 1:54 PM
Taking the presumed benefits of "early-start" education to an extreme: A Chinese couple encourage their toddler to drive a car down busy streets while she gurgles to herself.

The video: For reasons known only to themselves, the parents of a Chinese toddler recently filmed her driving a car down a busy four-lane highway. The video-camera-wielding parents can be heard in the background, shouting encouragement and advice (in Chinese) from the back seat. (Watch the "shocking" video below.) At one point, the little speedster passes an SUV and her father says: "Concentrate! Be careful when passing other vehicles." When the father finally says, "Jia Zheng, stop the car. Let daddy drive," the girl pulls over, and hops out of the driver's seat easily — she's not wearing a seat belt. She pops a pacifier into her mouth, and her dad takes over — after moving stilts she uses to reach the gas pedal and brakes.

The reaction: "Part of me is like, um, speechless," says Stephanie Precourt at Babble. Obviously, it is totally irresponsible to let such a young kid get anywhere near other cars, or pedestrians! There's no question that this is "disturbing," says Ed Flanagan at NBC News. But you have to admit, this little girl's "adept driving skills and her coolness on the road, a trait not always apparent on China's modern roadways," are pretty impressive. Yes, the preschooler is a good driver, says Justin Hyde at Jalopnik. But "no one in this video — including the parents — should be driving anything larger than a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe." See for yourself:
http://theweek.com/article/index/218909/a-toddler-driving-through-traffic-the-shocking-video

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
her parents fuckiin' rule. learned to drive manual sitting on my uncle's lap when i was 3 or 4. he would took me away from my parents to go have fun, but i don't remember much else.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
When my boy was less than a year, we were going down a two track road through the sagebrush. I had him on my lap and put his hands on the wheel, then I let go. He kept it in the road for a mile, going around curves and everything. His momma was impressed, not realizing that the pickup would steer itself in those deep tire tracks.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
I was going to say "who is working the pedals, this shit is fake" but saw the end. That is fucked up.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
when american kids drive cars, it's because they like to do hood rat shit. when the chinese kids drive cars, they're training.
Why should a fully trained and equipped combat soldier be used to drive a truck in a convoy during the big invasion when a kid could do the same job?