Chip is Opie?

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I was listening to this Podcast Ant mentioned, it's basically a podcast based on Jocktober only the focus is shitty podcasts. Time stamped to the part where they mention this Opie/Chip thing. Go back to the start if you want to hear the entire thing. They mention earlier in the podcast and demonstrate Opie repeating peoples jokes ala chip. The thing is, Norton had worked all of this in the Chip character back when all three were still working together. Is Norton really this insidious?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I don't think the intention was meant to be Opie. It only turned into that. Jim isn't that creative.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't think the intention was meant to be Opie. It only turned into that. Jim isn't that creative.
It was funnier when it wasn’t that. Now it’s just weird.

I listened to a few minutes of Opie’s podcast the other day and he threw a little shot at Jimmy. That ought to fuel the obsession for another year.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
Is Norton really this insidious?
No, because that would take effort and show prep. Norton started doing his characters out of pure laziness. If he had created Chip while they were still on WNEW, back when he cared, that might have been a possibility.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
It was funnier when it wasn’t that. Now it’s just weird.

I listened to a few minutes of Opie’s podcast the other day and he threw a little shot at Jimmy. That ought to fuel the obsession for another year.
I bet Jim was so pissed about that shot that he almost downed an entire Mike's Hard Lemonade right then and there.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I was listening to this Podcast Ant mentioned, it's basically a podcast based on Jocktober only the focus is shitty podcasts. Time stamped to the part where they mention this Opie/Chip thing. Go back to the start if you want to hear the entire thing. They mention earlier in the podcast and demonstrate Opie repeating peoples jokes ala chip. The thing is, Norton had worked all of this in the Chip character back when all three were still working together. Is Norton really this insidious?

This was figured out like a year ago.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
No, because that would take effort and show prep. Norton started doing his characters out of pure laziness. If he had created Chip while they were still on WNEW, back when he cared, that might have been a possibility.
Source?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I agree Chip wasn't originally based on Opie. Jim was too loyal (or a bitch depending on how you want to look at it).

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Didn't he say it was based on Bochetti?