Chip is Opie?

Bobobie

I was listening to this Podcast Ant mentioned, it's basically a podcast based on Jocktober only the focus is shitty podcasts. Time stamped to the part where they mention this Opie/Chip thing. Go back to the start if you want to hear the entire thing. They mention earlier in the podcast and demonstrate Opie repeating peoples jokes ala chip. The thing is, Norton had worked all of this in the Chip character back when all three were still working together. Is Norton really this insidious?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I don't think the intention was meant to be Opie. It only turned into that. Jim isn't that creative.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I don't think the intention was meant to be Opie. It only turned into that. Jim isn't that creative.
It was funnier when it wasn’t that. Now it’s just weird.

I listened to a few minutes of Opie’s podcast the other day and he threw a little shot at Jimmy. That ought to fuel the obsession for another year.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Is Norton really this insidious?
No, because that would take effort and show prep. Norton started doing his characters out of pure laziness. If he had created Chip while they were still on WNEW, back when he cared, that might have been a possibility.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
It was funnier when it wasn’t that. Now it’s just weird.

I listened to a few minutes of Opie’s podcast the other day and he threw a little shot at Jimmy. That ought to fuel the obsession for another year.
I bet Jim was so pissed about that shot that he almost downed an entire Mike's Hard Lemonade right then and there.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I was listening to this Podcast Ant mentioned, it's basically a podcast based on Jocktober only the focus is shitty podcasts. Time stamped to the part where they mention this Opie/Chip thing. Go back to the start if you want to hear the entire thing. They mention earlier in the podcast and demonstrate Opie repeating peoples jokes ala chip. The thing is, Norton had worked all of this in the Chip character back when all three were still working together. Is Norton really this insidious?

This was figured out like a year ago.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
No, because that would take effort and show prep. Norton started doing his characters out of pure laziness. If he had created Chip while they were still on WNEW, back when he cared, that might have been a possibility.
Source?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I agree Chip wasn't originally based on Opie. Jim was too loyal (or a bitch depending on how you want to look at it).

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
It just seems like his first podcast because he stinks, all of them are that bad

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
It’s good to see @LiddyRules’s money was well spent: