Choosing A System

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
The last "Gaming System" I've bought was a Nintendo 64.
I play sports games on my computer, but a lot of the new games won't work because I have old graphics cards and such.

I was looking to buy a Playstation 2, sort of an impulse buy. I don't really want to spend the money for the PS3, I saw some PS2 for like $120.
Now, I know nothing about games or anything. Are they still making PS2 games? Can PS3 games play with your PS2? Can I play online with a PS2?
(How does that work? Does it need to be hooked up to the modem/router?)

Also, if I buy a PS2, I usually play all the sports games, what are some other good standard games to have?
I want a few games were I just walk around shooting people, completely not so tough missions.

Also, Halo is only for Xbox right?
Should I consider an Xbox?

I don't want the Wii either, I need a little controller.

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
If you want a little controller, the wii is a smarter choice over the 360. You can not play PS3 games on the PS2, so I would suggest not buying a ps2. Honestly, go with a 360 or a PS3. They both have numerous flaws and bonuses.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Are there going to be a lot of games Only for ps3 now?
Because I saw that like Madden 08 and Ncaa Football 08 were both on ps2 as well.

I kind of don't want to spend the extra $350 for the 3.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If you don't want to spend a lot of money but want access toa huge library of games, the PS2 is your best bet. They're still making games for it.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
PS2 is arguably the best system ever made. 120 Million systems sold world wide.

1300+ games released. Right now you can spend under $250 and get all you
need. System, extra controller, memory card, and a few AAA games.
x2, and no I'm not sucking your cock

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
PS2 is arguably the best system ever made. 120 Million systems sold world wide.

1300+ games released. Right now you can spend under $250 and get all you
need. System, extra controller, memory card, and a few AAA games.
They only sold that many units because everyone who had one bought 4 or 5 of them because all they do is break down.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
If you don't want to spend a lot of money but want access toa huge library of games, the PS2 is your best bet. They're still making games for it.
That's what I thought.
So I bought a PS2.

New question, my brother has an original PS2.
He got it soon after it came out, within the first year. whenever that was. Maybe 2000?
Anyway, it works still I guess but he hasn't used it in like 2 years and it's with him at college.

Is the one I bought at the store "Newer" or the same extact model as his?
If everything is the same I'll just steal his.
I'm assuming they've done upgrades and Fiddlings.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
if he doesnt have the money for a high end console, what makes you think he can afford a good gaming pc.

ps2 was the right choice. go buy god of war 1 and 2, and go enjoy the countless other games

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
if he doesnt have the money for a high end console, what makes you think he can afford a good gaming pc.

ps2 was the right choice. go buy god of war 1 and 2, and go enjoy the countless other games
Yeah, I just don't want to spend the money really.
I don't really play enough stuff to justify spending like $500 for Madden and NBA Live.
I'll try the role player games and such, but I highly doubt I'll play for more than 10 minutes before I get frustrated and go back to Madden or a Sports game.

My computer isn't that old, it's like 4 years old or so, it works perfect except it's got an old video card.
The PS2 was probably cheaper than a Vid Card anyways, all I wanted the vid card for was games. So it works out.

I think I'm going to check out Kingdom Hearts, it looks sort of Gay. I do like the idea of Donald and Goofy kicking ass though.