Chris Christie on His Weight: 'If It Were Easy, I'd Already Have It Fixed'

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Chris Christie on His Weight: 'If It Were Easy, I'd Already Have It Fixed'

By Jake Tapper | ABC OTUS News – 2 hrs 5 mins ago

TRENTON, N.J. - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie opened up about his weight problem in an interview with ABC News and stressed he is "trying" to lose weight, a battle he's waged for 30 years, but said he's never considered gastric bypass surgery because it's "too risky."

"I mean, see, listen, I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding among people regarding weight and regarding all those things that go into, to people being overweight," Christie said in an interview that will air Tuesday on "Nightline." "I think folks say - yeah, well he must just not be disciplined, you know, or he must not have willpower - that kind of thing. I guess the best analogy to make is some people drink too much. Some people take drugs. Some people eat too much. See, you can go live every day without drinking. You can live every day without taking drugs. You can't live every without eating."

Christie, who often jokes about his weight, but rarely opens up about the struggle, acknowledged that "it's a really difficult thing to deal with."

Christie said he works out with a trainer four days a week and is "trying to eat better," but said it's "really difficult like to eat better."

"With running around all the time and grabbing things on the go. But I'm trying to eat better," Christie said in the interview from the state capitol. "I'm working at it. But obviously, I'm not there. But I also have hope that I can get there."

Christie suffers from asthma and was admitted to the hospital last summer, but said besides that ailment he is healthy and sees the doctor regularly.

"My blood pressure's fine, my cholesterol is fine," Christie said. "I'm in good physical shape in terms of those indicators. But I have to lose weight and I get it."

Christie said there are two types of people who approach him about his weight: those who "really genuinely are concerned about me and want me to be around for a long time, and really care about me" and some of the people he sometimes encounters on his Twitter feed.

"There are some people who are just - you know, incredibly nasty and, and ugly and horrible," Christie said. "That's just the way it goes. I mean, you know, people have that kind of prejudice about them. I can't do anything about that."

Christie said he's "doing the best I can" and will "continue to."

"I've been living with it for a long time, and I'm going to try to get better," Christie said. "And if I can get better, that'll be great for me and for my family and for the public who likes me … it's something that's not easy. If it were easy, I'd already have it fixed."
http://news.yahoo.com/chris-christi...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
It is easy, fatboy, if you're not lazy.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It is easy, fatboy, if you're not lazy.
You obviously missed:

Christie said he works out with a trainer four days a week
And does Wackbag have the AIDS today? Nothing is being marked as "read."

EDIT: NM, I bent it to my will *cue evil laugh*

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Calories Burned > Calories taken in - you will lose weight. Even Conservative VP candidates should be able to handle that math problem. Working out does nothing if you follow it up with a banana split and a bag of Doritos afterwards.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I understand why people are obese... too much food was rarely an issue in our past, so we're designed to eat whatever's available. You could never have too many calories, because you were out tilling soil or whatever all day. When I was logging I could eat 6,000 calories a day and I'd still lose weight. The problem is now everyone works in an office but still has that instinct to eat whatever is available. Diets are important, but you really have to work out and burn calories every day if you plan on staying in any reasonable shape without taking drastic measures.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I guess the best analogy to make is some people drink too much. Some people take drugs. Some people eat too much. See, you can go live every day without drinking. You can live every day without taking drugs. You can't live every without eating."
Sounds like he is using eating as a "crutch" in the vein of addicts. He should be seeing a shrink in addition to a personal trainer. He's gotta be sneaking food on the sly because a guy in his position should be able to eat healthy enough to lose weight if he's working out 4 days a week.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Calories Burned > Calories taken in - you will lose weight. Even Conservative VP candidates should be able to handle that math problem. Working out does nothing if you follow it up with a banana split and a bag of Doritos afterwards.
Fucking /thread

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Sounds like he is using eating as a "crutch" in the vein of addicts. He should be seeing a shrink in addition to a personal trainer. He's gotta be sneaking food on the sly because a guy in his position should be able to eat healthy enough to lose weight if he's working out 4 days a week.
Exactly. Even if he's training hard 4 days a week (which I doubt), he's still a gluttonous piggy

He has zero willpower.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
And just like Wowmagnet said - it IS easy, once you actually want to do. I lost 90 lbs in 2009 and because I really wanted to, it was a fucking cakewalk (or celerywalk... meh meh).

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Who the fuck is his trainer, Dennis Nedry?

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
And just like Wowmagnet said - it IS easy, once you actually want to do. I lost 90 lbs in 2009 and because I really wanted to, it was a fucking cakewalk (or celerywalk... meh meh).
yeah , its not that hard ... i lost 31 lbs so far. You must really make a lifestyle change,diets only work for a while. I changed what i eat and when , and try to only eat small healthy portions when i am really hungry. Plus i walk , ride the bike and do other excersises and stretches.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Who the fuck is his trainer, Dennis Nedry?
I'm wondering why you went with Nedry as opposed to Newman. I'd think more people would recognize the latter. I did get a good laugh at that, though.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Not trying to speak for Falldog, but sometimes the more obscure character / the first name/last name combo as opposed to just a last name is funnier.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Not trying to speak for Falldog, but sometimes the more obscure character / the first name/last name combo as opposed to just a last name is funnier.
Look who you're talking to. I'm the obscure reference keeeyd. I was wondering if it was that or if he was thinking of a specific scene when he posted that.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
It's been awhile since anyone's been spit in the face.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Tell that to fandango. His obscure reference almost made him quit the internets.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Well I just made a Demolition Man reference to someone on Facebook that I know she's not gonna get.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
1st world problems.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
yeah , its not that hard ... i lost 31 lbs so far. You must really make a lifestyle change,diets only work for a while. I changed what i eat and when , and try to only eat small healthy portions when i am really hungry. Plus i walk , ride the bike and do other excersises and stretches.
You spelled excersize wrong.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
GTL, Gym, Tan, Laundry, easy. What kind of New Jersian is this guy?