Chronicle trailer

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Pretty awesome trailer (that still has some spoilers) for the film Chronicle. This is going to get fucked up somehow.

[video=youtube;i-M5Qx57_UU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-M5Qx57_UU[/video]

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
It was a really cool script. The teens acted very real and treated their new found power in a believable way. The ending was really big, I wasn't sure they were going to be able to pull it off on the budget they were working with, but from some of those shots in the trailer it looks like they get pretty close.

I'm looking forward to it. Yes it looks like a found footage movie, but not one with a measly budget.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I like the look of the trailer, let's just hope they don't fuck it up.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Huh, that looks good. Hope they don't fuck it up.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
[video=youtube;kqPiIMJLFP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPiIMJLFP8[/video]

Here's a video the director made a couple years ago. I wonder if that email address for him still works.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
[video=youtube;kqPiIMJLFP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqPiIMJLFP8[/video]

Here's a video the director made a couple years ago. I wonder if that email address for him still works.
That's fucking great. Nicely done.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I remember that. Same guy huh?

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Did anyone see this? I saw it tonight and thought it was a really well designed story. Some stiff acting aside I'd recommend it. Solid effects to go along with interesting story.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Where's Wallace String? Where the fuck is Wallace?

Who knew he'd end up in this.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Did anyone see this? I saw it tonight and thought it was a really well designed story. Some stiff acting aside I'd recommend it. Solid effects to go along with interesting story.
I saw it on Saturday, it was really solid for a movie with a pretty small budget, especially the last twenty minutes or so. It's interesting seeing a pretty grounded take on people obtaining powers.

Supposedly Fox is so happy with it the director is the front runner to direct the new Fantastic Four movies, which would be great so we can put those last two pieces of crap out of our minds.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm hearing some good things about this. I think I'll check it out.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I saw it on Saturday, it was really solid for a movie with a pretty small budget, especially the last twenty minutes or so. It's interesting seeing a pretty grounded take on people obtaining powers.

Supposedly Fox is so happy with it the director is the front runner to direct the new Fantastic Four movies, which would be great so we can put those last two pieces of crap out of our minds.
Yea I heard he was the early favorite to drive the next FF movies. I'll be happy to see if Fox can keep their hands off it this time and let the director craft the movie he wants to do.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
I love how everyone's response for ANY decent looking movie is the same:

"Hope they don't fuck it up."

Oh, Hollywood, how our expectations of you have been ruined.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I love how everyone's response for ANY decent looking movie is the same:

"Hope they don't fuck it up."

Oh, Hollywood, how our expectations of you have been ruined.
To be fair, in 1980, don't you think the geek community was like "They're going to fuck it all up with Empire"?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
To be fair, in 1980, don't you think the geek community was like "They're going to fuck it all up with Empire"?
Was it, though? I don't think geeks are inherently skeptical of Hollywood. I just think we are part of a pretty jaded generation that has been disappointed against and again.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Was it, though? I don't think geeks are inherently skeptical of Hollywood. I just think we are part of a pretty jaded generation that has been disappointed against and again.
I don't know. Maybe back when you needed to subscribe to niche magazines and we didn't get candid pics every five seconds, people were less cynical because there was less bitterness and less to harp on. It's like when I was talking about The Dark Knight Rises how people were criticizing everything about it before any footage was shown to the point where, because you don't have any knowledge, it begins to infect you negatively. ("Bane's pants aren't right! They fucked it all up!") But then again, you look at some (most) of the action films of the 1980s, and they are terrible films. Like they have camp value and they're fun, but they're terrible, uncreative films.

Also, we are jaded, but that extends to all areas of life, not just Hollywood.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
What's interesting about Empire is that a pretty large portion of the 1980 fanbase must have thought they DID fuck it up, as Empire's box office is the lowest of the 6 by a pretty wide margin.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
BTW, Damon Wayans Jr. and his friend of a similar skin tone sat in front of me at "Chronicle" and lived up to every stereotype one has about minorities at the movies.

The best was when during the preview for " Battleship" the friend felt the need to yell out "You sunk my battleship" as the predominately white audience groaned.

I guess we should be glad at least we didn't get shot.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I think its both. While we are part of a pretty jaded generation, I can also guarantee that if today's internet would have been around in 1980, there would be people bitching about The Empire Strikes Back.

When you look closely at certain issues nowadays, you realize things like that have happened in the past. Its just the impact of the new technology and access to information that makes it seems like its a new experience.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I liked it. It has an interesting spin on the "found footage" concept. Instead of being actual found footage, it is just a movie with little to no invisible camera footage (I think there was a little at the end, but I could be wrong). It is the story as told by the cameras that were present at the time. Definitely worth a watch.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Saw it yesterday and basically second what Neon said. Also, I'd say it's up there with 'Unbreakable' as far as 'what if super powers were real' kind of movies go. Can't say it's a definite theater viewing, but easily worth paying to watch.

Also, the theater had a bunch of darkies in it that were shockingly quiet for the whole movie.