Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Church Cancels Memorial for Gay Vet

By ANGELA K. BROWN,
AP
Posted: 2007-08-11 18:24:38
Filed Under: Nation News
ARLINGTON, Texas (Aug. 10) - A megachurch canceled a memorial service for a Navy veteran 24 hours before it was to start because the deceased was gay.
Officials at the nondenominational High Point Church knew that Cecil Howard Sinclair was gay when they offered to host his service, said his sister, Kathleen Wright. But after his obituary listed his life partner as one of his survivors, she said, it was called off.

"It's a slap in the face. It's like, 'Oh, we're sorry he died, but he's gay so we can't help you,"' she said Friday.

Wright said High Point offered to hold the service for Sinclair because their brother is a janitor there. Sinclair, who served in the first Gulf War, died Monday at age 46 from an infection after surgery to prepare him for a heart transplant.
Full Story:http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/chu...t/20070811110009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Pretty shitty, but then again they were offering to do it for free.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
It is shitty, but then again, the church shouldn't have to do his service if he's living a lifestyle that they diametrically oppose. I don't particularly find it very Christian of them (I would think it would speak more towards their capacity for compassion and tolerance, even of lifestyles they disagree with, to actually have the service), but it's their right to choose.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
They basically should have said no from the beginning. The way it went down is shitty.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
but jebuz loves every one. depending on how deep there pockets are. fuck that church. as a matter of fact fuck all churches, they do nothing but take money from the ignorant

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
It is shitty, but then again, the church shouldn't have to do his service if he's living a lifestyle that they diametrically oppose. I don't particularly find it very Christian of them (I would think it would speak more towards their capacity for compassion and tolerance, even of lifestyles they disagree with, to actually have the service), but it's their right to choose.

Not so really.. The good and decent religious garbage has funerals for murderers and assorted scum like that. Isn't god against that? The church is shit and that's that.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Just another bullshit stance taken by the church…

As someone already mentioned the church would have probably done the service if it was for a murderer or rapist, but for some reason when it was for a homosexual that is where they drew the line. Fucking stupid.

But even worse, they knew he was gay but only when others found out through the newspaper they cowered. If you’re going to be a bunch of homophobic assholes you should at least have the courage to do so by standing by that conviction at all times, because I bet no one had any problem taking his money when the plate was passed around on Sundays.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
they dont give organs to aids patents, there considered a waste, which makes perfect sense to me

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
but jebuz loves every one. depending on how deep there pockets are. fuck that church. as a matter of fact fuck all churches, they do nothing but take money from the ignorant
godhatesfags.com :action-sm

seriously though this makes me fucking sick, they knew he was gay, everyone knew he was gay obviously or they would've have listed his partner in the obituary. it really makes me sad that this church would renig on their offer to do the funeral. i'm sure they'll be sued

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Just another bullshit stance taken by the church…

As someone already mentioned the church would have probably done the service if it was for a murderer or rapist, but for some reason when it was for a homosexual that is where they drew the line. Fucking stupid.
How do you know that they would have?

You don't. Hence your use of the word "probably." You have nothing to demonstrate that they wouldn't decline to hold the service of a criminal also.