City council candidate says Michigan city should be as white "as possible"

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
City council candidate says Michigan city should be as white "as possible"

A city council candidate said the City of Marysville in Michigan should be as white "as possible."

MARYSVILLE, Mich. (AP) — A city council candidate in Michigan shocked a public forum when she said she wants to keep her community white "as much as possible."
Jean Cramer made the comment Thursday in response to a question about diversity in Marysville, a city in St. Clair County, 55 miles (88 kilometers) northeast of Detroit. The Times Herald in Port Huron said she's one of five candidates running for three council seats in November.

More than 90% of Marysville's 9,700-person population is white.
Cramer responded when the moderator asked candidates if Marysville should do more to attract foreign-born residents, who are boosting populations in some Great Lakes states.
"Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible," she replied.
The newspaper later asked Cramer if she wanted to clarify her remarks.
"Husband and wife need to be the same race. Same thing with kids," she said. "That's how it's been from the beginning of, how can I say, when God created the heaven and the earth. He created Adam and Eve at the same time. But as far as me being against blacks, no I'm not."
Other candidates at the forum were deeply troubled. Mike Deising said: "Just checking the calendar here and making sure it's still 2019."
Council member Paul Wessel said anyone who makes it to Marysville should be allowed to live there. The council meeting room is named for the late Joseph Johns, who was Syrian, owned a local business and was an elected official for decades. He was the father of Mayor Pro Tem Kathy Hayman.
"I don't even know that I can talk yet, I'm so upset and shocked. ... So basically, what you've said is that my father and his family had no business to be in this community," Hayman told Cramer.
Mayor Dan Damman said Cramer's comments were "vile" and "jaw-dropping."

Yes the Syrian who came here years ago and opened a business or something and integrated into the community... in other words prob be considered and Uncle Achmed by today's standards.

Lets see if I can find a pict of this guy...

Yep quite the Dirka Dirka...

After making racist remarks in Thursday's Marysville candidate forum, City Council candidate Jean Cramer responds to questioning by a Times Herald reporter at her Marysville home Friday, Aug. 23, 2019. Brian Wells, The Times Herald

Last edited:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if she wins.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Funny, it’s never vile if a POC makes a comment about being proud of being said color.

lajikal

I didn't know Howard Stern was running for office in Michigan.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
A woman who will never be elected to any position in any city ever said some dumb shit in a town of 10,000 people. This is not newsworthy, yet it spread to CNN, Time, Newsweek, etc. instantly.

OMG LOOK! ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!

lajikal

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if she wins.
She had a good run.. :haha7: :action-sm

Candidate Who Said Michigan City Should Be Kept White Quits Council Race
The mayor of Marysville, Mich., said Jean Cramer was “not fit for office.”

Jean Cramer said at a forum for City Council candidates in Marysville, Mich., on Thursday that Marysville should be a “white community as much as possible” with “no foreign people.”CreditCreditBrian Wells/The Times Herald, via Associated Press
By Mariel Padilla
  • Aug. 26, 2019
A City Council candidate in Michigan who drew criticism and national attention last week for saying her community should be kept white “as much as possible” officially withdrew from the race on Monday.

The candidate, Jean Cramer, who was running for a seat on the Marysville City Council, hand-delivered a one-sentence letter to City Hall in the afternoon. It read: “I am writing this letter to withdraw as a City Council candidate for the Marysville City Council election on Nov. 5, 2019.”

At a candidates’ forum on Thursday, the moderator asked whether the community should be more aggressive in attracting foreign-born residents. Ms. Cramer replied that Marysville should be a “white community as much as possible” with “no foreign people,” drawing audible gasps from fellow candidates.

On Friday, Ms. Cramer expanded on her views to The Times Herald, a local newspaper. She said that interracial marriages were a “big problem,” citing the Bible, and insisted she was not racist. She told reporters that she had no plans to drop out of the race.

Marysville, which is about 55 miles northeast of Detroit, has a population of less than 10,000, and around 95 percent of it is white, according to census figures.

Mayor Dan Damman, who is not seeking re-election, said he appreciated Ms. Cramer’s withdrawing from the race.

“My hope is that she realizes that with her ideology she is not fit for office in Marysville or anywhere else,” he said.

The mayor said Ms. Cramer’s name would still be on the ballot in the November election; she would have had to withdraw by April 26 to remove her name.

Mayor Damman said that if Ms. Cramer gets the most votes, she would most likely decline to serve and would not take the oath of office, because she has publicly withdrawn.

“I just cannot in any way see that happening — not in our city,” he said. “There has been so much backlash toward her from our residents just saying, ‘You do not represent who we are.’ People are patently offended.”

Mayor Damman said he had not spoken to Ms. Cramer in person, but he called for her withdrawal through media outlets and social media on Friday.

On Monday morning, Mayor Damman was told that Ms. Cramer had gone to City Hall to orally withdraw to the acting clerk of finance, the highest-ranking official in the office at the time.

The acting clerk immediately called the city manager, who said Ms. Cramer’s withdrawal needed to be in writing. Ms. Cramer was informed and summoned back to City Hall, and arrived within a few hours with a typed letter in hand.

“The deputy clerk just wasn’t aware of the protocol,” Mayor Damman said. “We’ve never been faced with something like this.”
Ms. Cramer did not respond to phone calls on Monday asking for comment.

There are now four candidates running for three open seats on the City Council.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's much easier to just live somewhere where you don't have to worry about it. :cool:

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Then if you move you’re accused of “white flight”
Accuse away. :D

Since my maternal grandparents left the Port Richmond and Bridesburg area in the 50s for the suburbs, and my paternal grandparents left the far NE in the 60s, I've been spared having to leave anywhere for that reason.

TheLoon

All this racial shit is officially boring...nobody who gives a shit about important shit really give a shit about this dumb shit