Classical Music

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Or "Art Music" if you want to be a dick about it. Surely one of you out there has to be a fan. What are you listening to?

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Or "Art Music" if you want to be a dick about it. Surely one of you out there has to be a fan. What are you listening to?
I dig classical music. Classical Solo Piano is one of my favorite Pandora stations.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Yeah, I guess when it comes to classical I'm a lot like Opie. I'm a real deep cuts kind of guy.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Takin it back to the those hot summer nights of 1801. Another Opie Deep Track special!

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I like classical. Specifically classical guitar. For me Andres Segivia is the master.

love this piece

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
For me Itzhak Perlman is to violin what Segovia is to classical guitar. Absolute master!!

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Prokofiev is fantastic.

Whenever I put on my robe and reach for the cigarettes, I imagine this playing.

I'm surprised we haven't had a thread on this before. I love classical.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Not a huge fan of classical music, but I listen to a little Chopin or Rachmaninov from time to time.

The greatest piece of music ever composed.

Agreed. I was just gonna post that. I like the whole thing though:

Last edited:

DrewDown

All are welcome
I usually stick to the standard classics, but lately I've been getting into some more modern stuff. Hard to beat Max Richter. Here's a nice combo of old and new:

LiddyRules

I usually stick to the standard classics, but lately I've been getting into some more modern stuff. Hard to beat Max Richter. Here's a nice combo of old and new:
Richter did the score for The Leftovers, which was the best thing about the show.

DrewDown

All are welcome
Richter did the score for The Leftovers, which was the best thing about the show.
He just put out an 8 hour ambient album called Sleep. It's meant to be listened to while you sleep. Here's a quick explanation:
Richter collaborated with a neuroscientist to create an album he hopes you fall asleep to.
British composer Max Richter hopes you are snoring before you finish his latest release.

Sleep, an 8-hour classical piece released Friday, features gentle strings and peaceful piano. He has called it a “personal lullaby for a frenetic world. A manifesto for a slower pace of existence.”

Richter says sleep is an integral part of his creative process. “Sleeping has always been one of my favorite activities,” Richter told TIME. He’s also aware that most of us aren’t getting enough of it. Recent research shows that high school students, air traffic controllers and even surgeons are suffering from dangerous levels of sleep deprivation. Meanwhile, sales have skyrocketed for children’s book The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep, written by a Swedish behavioral psychologist who uses reinforcement techniques in the book to calm children into drifting off.
Link: http://time.com/4022816/max-richter-sleep/

Medicine Man

Yacht Rockin' with the SS Waffen
Donator
Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody #2

Grieg - In The Hall Of The Mountain King

Mussorgsky - Night On Bald Mountain

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture

Fred West

Yeah, I guess when it comes to classical I'm a lot like Opie. I'm a real deep cuts kind of guy.

Can't go wrong with "The Planets". Gustav Holst lived in my home town and has slave/servant quarters in his house.

Huge fan of this...

Which turned into this...

Which became the soundtrack to one of the best scenes of television ever...

LiddyRules

The problem with classical music is that you can hear a great piece but can't figure out what it is after the fact since there are no lyrics (even if you have a few saved, it's hard to know which is what and why and when without going through 20 minute compos) or you learn it from a movie or TV show and feel like a hack.