Clinton Supporter Derides Rudy......for being a cheating husband.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
From the "lol wut?" files:

Charlie Rangel tries to help Hillary in quite the retarded fashion.

Key Clinton Backer Rips Giuliani's Personal Life
Rep. Charles Rangel Apparently Refers to Giuliani as a 'Cheating Goddamn Husband'
By JAKE TAPPER
Oct. 20, 2007 —

Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., the dean of the New York congressional delegation, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, longtime political booster of Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and a member of the steering committee for "Veterans and Military Retirees For Hillary" has joined another co-chair of the Clinton campaign, former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, in attacking the personal life of Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani.

In a cover story on Giuliani in this week's New York Observer, Rangel went after Giuliani in unusually personal ways, expressing confidence that Giuliani's frontrunning status will fade either because of the former mayor's liberal positions on social issues or the operatic drama of his personal life.

"Referring to Andrew Giuliani's reportedly distant relationship with his father since the ugly bust-up of Mr. Giuliani's marriage with Donna Hanover," the article says, "Mr. Rangel said it was because 'sons respect and admire their fathers, but they love their mothers against cheating goddamn husbands.' ... Rangel said he regretted that all the personal problems surfaced so soon in the electoral process. 'I'm sorry this damned thing turned out so early because, really, just like [embattled former Giuliani aide Bernard] Kerik, it would have bombed his ass out.'"

The Giuliani campaign declined to comment to ABC News about the attack, referring a reporter to comments made in the story by Randy Mastro, a former Giuliani deputy mayor, who said of Rangle's remarks, "Comments like that are not worthy of a response."

Giuliani and Rangel have long had a contentious relationship.

Asked Saturday afternoon outside Oak Park Elementary School in Des Moines, Iowa, if she had any comment on Rangel's remarks, Clinton tersely said, "I don't." She added that she had not seen the story in question.

A Clinton campaign spokesman, Phil Singer, later told ABC News of Rangel's remarks, "These kinds of comments have no place in the campaign."

Last month, Vilsack told NY1 of Giuliani that, "I can't even get into the number of marriages, and the fact his children-- the relationship that he has with his children, and what the kind of circumstance New York was in before Sept. 11, and whether or not he could have even been re-elected as mayor prior to Sept. the 11. There are lots of issues involving Mayor Giuliani, and I'm sure if he becomes the nominee we'll be able to see those."

Vilsack later apologized for his comments.

In an interview with ABC News last week, Giuliani said Vilsack's attack did not surprise him.

"I've watched the Clintons over the years," he said. "I mean, the whole way in which they deal with allegations sometimes against them -- fair or unfair -- is they personally attack people of the other side. There's a whole history of that. So I'm ready for that."

At a candidates' forum earlier this year, Clinton said she wants to "run a very positive campaign. And I sure don't want Democrats or the supporters of Democrats to be engaging in the politics of personal destruction. I think we should stay focused on what we're going to do for America."

Rangel did not seem to say anything in the interview about any other "cheating goddamn husbands" in the political world.
Yeah........if you're a Clinton supporter, marital infidelity isn't really the sort of topic that you should be using to mud-sling against Rudy. That old cliche about glass houses & all.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Yeah........if you're a Clinton supporter, marital infidelity isn't really the sort of topic that you should be using to mud-sling against Rudy. That old cliche about glass houses & all.
I'm not defending Rangel - he's a piece of garbage as far as I'm concerned - but the only problem with your argument, Vyce, is that Hillary didn't cheat on her husband whereas Rudy has cheated on not one, but two wives. Hillary also has not alienated her daughter by her standing by Bill when the whole Monica thing was splashed across the papers.

I hate Hillary as much as the next person who hates Hillary but unless there's proof that she cheated on Bill your argument doesn't hold much water.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
i went to oak park elementary and did a double take and saw that it was des moines. wrong one :eek:

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'm not defending Rangel - he's a piece of garbage as far as I'm concerned - but the only problem with your argument, Vyce, is that Hillary didn't cheat on her husband whereas Rudy has cheated on not one, but two wives. Hillary also has not alienated her daughter by her standing by Bill when the whole Monica thing was splashed across the papers.

I hate Hillary as much as the next person who hates Hillary but unless there's proof that she cheated on Bill your argument doesn't hold much water.
You're fucking joking with me, right?

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Hillary hasn't cheated as far as we know. Not that adultary should be an issue anyways...

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
For the dullards, I will explain: Rangel is attacking Rudy as being a cheating husband........in order to help the wife of America's most famous cheating husband.

Get why Rangel's remarks are so silly and hypocritical now?

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
For the dullards, I will explain: Rangel is attacking Rudy as being a cheating husband........in order to help the wife of America's most famous cheating husband.

Hillary was a victim of men like Rudy and Bill, not a perp. Now let's let this thread die.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be

No, I don't see why they're silly & hypocritical - he's attacking Rudy - another candidate that I can't stand - for being a philanderer. But, what does that have to do with Hillary? She didn't cheat on Bill, Bill cheated on her. If Bill were running, Rangel's comment would would make sense. But he's not running, Hillary is so it's apples and oranges.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
No, I don't see why they're silly & hypocritical - he's attacking Rudy - another candidate that I can't stand - for being a philanderer. But, what does that have to do with Hillary? She didn't cheat on Bill, Bill cheated on her. If Bill were running, Rangel's comment would would make sense. But he's not running, Hillary is so it's apples and oranges.
Mmmmmmmm apples

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Sure Hillary didn't cheat. But if you think she didn't at least turn a blind eye to the same kind of behavior, you're in for a surprise.

And how long do you think it would take me to find a quote from Rangel saying that President Clinton's private life is just that, private?

Just one more hypocritical politician, why should we be surprised?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Sure Hillary didn't cheat. But if you think she didn't at least turn a blind eye to the same kind of behavior, you're in for a surprise.

And how long do you think it would take me to find a quote from Rangel saying that President Clinton's private life is just that, private?

So what if Hillary turned a blind eye to her husband's infidelity...do you know how many women do that? Then again, we don't know if she turned a blind eye to it or if she was trying to deal with it away from the microscope that are the media.

Chances are you will find a quote from Rangel saying that President Clinton's private life is just that, private. And if he were comparing Giuliani's private life to that of President Clinton, I'd say okay, he's a hypocrite. He is anyway but that's another story.

But, he's not comparing Giuliani to President Clinton. He's comparing Giuliani to MRS. Clinton and there's nothing to compare.

BTW - Hillary's camp has distanced themselves from Rangel's comments and even Rangel has admitted that he spoke out of line, so this entire discussion is pretty much moot

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Hillary was a victim of men like Rudy and Bill, not a perp. Now let's let this thread die.
Because?

It won't take long, and we shouldn't be suprised.

You can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say...

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Hillary a victim? Hardly. I wouldn't be surprised if she HELPED pick women for ol' William Jefferson Clinton. If there ever was a marriage based on political reasons it's that one.

Personally I have no time for a man who cheats on his wife, even if the marriage is a sham. It shows a lack of character. Someone who would lie to his wife about one of the most important things, a marriage vow, would lie to 300 million strangers just as fast. Bush may be a bore, and he may be a horrible communicator and a sorry wartime strategist, but I guarantee he's never cheated on his wife. He's too much of a fucking prude to do that.

So I'll come down just as hard on Rudy for this issue as I would on either Clinton.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Nicely put.

I basically feel the same way. I'll still take Rudy over Hillary any day of the week. But, he's not my first choice by a long shot. Regardless of what anyone says, personal conduct counts in terms of overall credibility.

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
I would rather President Bush had cheated on his wife and been honest about Iraq's WMD than the opposite.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
He was being honest about WMDs. He was just being extremely paranoid and one sided as well. Infidelity is intentional.

Fuck it though, I don't care if Guiliani has a midget fetish or Hillary shoots up horse.

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
I don't agree that being one sided = being honest, especially when you are talking about reasons for going to war.

Leaving out all of the caveats from the intel community about the problems with the WMD "evidence" in your speeches is just as intentional as cheating on a spouse, and the consequences are far more disasterous.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Nicely put.

I basically feel the same way. I'll still take Rudy over Hillary any day of the week. But, he's not my first choice by a long shot. Regardless of what anyone says, personal conduct counts in terms of overall credibility.

Rudy's credibility went down 1000% today as far as I'm concerned. Not only has he continued to defend Bernie Kerik, who is about to be indicted, but he's also defending a pedophile priest, who is also in his employ. http://wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=78102

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Giuliani and Hillary as our front runners. I'd sooner vote for a bum in a shit hat.