Votes: 118 78.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 32 21.3%

• Total voters

PMB917

Black Earl fan since day one
Oct 4, 2004
Peabody MA
Regardless of what you think of the movie, I gotta give it to the guys. I would have never bothered to see the movie unless they were involved with it. I think the way the studio got great promotion out of the show last week would make more people want to use the show to do the same thing.

Now onto the movie: Overall I thought it was OK. Seeing as though it came from the same producer as Lost, it makes sense that it was supposed to be more about the characters than the situation. But I think that if you have to be told how you're supposed to look at a movie, the movie dosent really stand on its own. It was a good concept, I just hope there's some kind of sequel to tie things up a little more.

A

AIDS Monkey

Fucking incredible. Terrific movie.
BTW, if you can't figure out the premise, or need to be told what the point of the movie is, you belong in the back of the short bus, not the back of the theatre.

AND LEAVE THE FUCKING KIDS AT HOME! Fucking inconsiderate cock-suckers.:arrrh:::hammer:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Yay, even though liking it makes me uncool.

Deik

Epschtine fan sice day one
May 16, 2007
Lowell, MA
I am posting from my phone and cannt see if there is a poll, but I must say "yay", even with out ona I would have seen this movie, and the only asshats that say it sucks just don't understand it and were expecting godzilla.

if there is no "pee in my butt" option then I hope you die in a fire mr.pmb917

Xtra Krispy

Feb 19, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I actually went and saw it a second time on Saturday. I like how it let you use your imagination for a lot of the monster parts instead of spoon feeding you everything. That's what I always thought made the first Alien movie great.

I do have to admit, the first time I saw it, I did get motion sickness pretty bad. The second time I sat waaaay back and off to the side and didn't have a problem at all.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
It was a pretty original film, with potential for an amazing sequel, so I'll give it a "yay", it was pretty damn good. Nothing Oscar-worthy, but a good popcorn movie.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
People have been following this movie and looking for clues regarding it's backstory for MONTHS. I am not one of these people. I took the film "at face value" and loved it.

PHENOMENAL!

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
Cloverfield rox the fatass!!! My 7 year old went with me last night to check it out and we both really enjoyed it. . . He sat there pretty quietly during the whole thing. . . The skips between the carnage and the "recorded-over" portions confused him a little. I thought that the whole premise of the flick was a totally fresh take on the rampaging monster genre. I really hope they do a sequel.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm gonna be too-cool-for-the-room guy and say I didn't like it.

...I LOVED IT!!!!

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
The last time I lisened to the boys, they said Gindhouse was the most fantastic movie ever...It was ok, but..

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The last time I lisened to the boys, they said Gindhouse was the most fantastic movie ever...It was ok, but..
It's O+A. You don't really go to them for the best reviews or insights into movies or music or tv. That being said I liked Grindhouse or Cloverfield.

Ronnie_2Chin

I'm no good at Court Ordered good byes
Mar 12, 2005
I voted yay, I liked it.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Nay! The movie wasn't good.

It's not that I got sick from the shaky cam.
It's not that I needed any answers.
It's not the bad acting.

I even like the premise of watching a "found tape". Blair Witch did it right! And first; This is not a new concept.

But the execution was boring. They wanted to achieve reality in an unrealistic scenario; which meant slow and drawn out scenes. It's only 80mins, but it would have been better as a 20min short film.

Why make the audience invest time, watching scenes, to get to know shallow characters? Savy?

If it's more realistic to focus on a group of people, than show a monster fuckin' up the city for more that three shots, for your movie, make me give two shits about the characters.

Going back for a girl is such a weak motivation and a cliche to boot. At least the motivation was fleshed out a bit when it was just done in War of the Worlds, just two years ago.

In the end, the movie was boring. Seeing less is more, is a bullshit monster movie excuse for too long. I would have preferred it just be a normal monster movie.

Eric From Ohio

May 13, 2007
Cortland, Oh
But the execution was boring. They wanted to achieve reality in an unrealistic scenario; which meant slow and drawn out scenes. It's only 80mins, but it would have been better as a 20min short film.

Why make the audience invest time, watching scenes, to get to know shallow characters? Savy?

If it's more realistic to focus on a group of people, than show a monster fuckin' up the city for more that three shots, for your movie, make me give two shits about the characters.

Going back for a girl is such a weak motivation and a cliche to boot. At least the motivation was fleshed out a bit when it was just done in War of the Worlds, just two years ago.

i disagree, i think the movie was a coming to age love story with the monster as a catalyst side plot, that being said i could just be a fucking idiot

shimrra

Hello Ladies
Aug 14, 2007
I would have enjoyed the movie more if I didnt eat a burger and fries right before watching it. It was a monster movie what more can you say. I think if anything I have more questions that never got answered. Like why is it code named "Cloverfield" Where did the army come up with that name? Some one told me is that certain areas in the Central Park have names and that maybe where the camera was found was called Cloverfield.

A

Anomalon

Fucking incredible. Terrific movie.
BTW, if you can't figure out the premise, or need to be told what the point of the movie is, you belong in the back of the short bus, not the back of the theatre.

AND LEAVE THE FUCKING KIDS AT HOME! Fucking inconsiderate cock-suckers.:arrrh:::hammer:
No doubt. My friend kept asking me what wa going on and I wanted to strangle his stoned ass. Shut up and pay attention to the fucking movie or go watch goddamn Alvin and the Chipmunks. People really seems to need their films all spelled out for them and they're pretty resistent to giving a movie like this a try. It's a fucking shame because this movie is pure genius.

Yes I'm a noob, but I'll take my beating like a man. I've been a fan for several years, I just never got up the nerve to post here because I can only imagine the kind of shit you guys give noobs.

shakespear

Nov 17, 2006
I dug this movie. It is NOT a monster movie, its horror. I dig found footage films, plus I didnt notice the no name acting.

9/11 stuff? Its really only one scene.

This is the correct way to make a film, 30 million budget, )40 million opening weekend.

Weinsteins take note: its not internet piracy that is destroying hollywood, its your shitty movies with overpaid actors.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I would have enjoyed the movie more if I didnt eat a burger and fries right before watching it. It was a monster movie what more can you say. I think if anything I have more questions that never got answered. Like why is it code named "Cloverfield" Where did the army come up with that name? Some one told me is that certain areas in the Central Park have names and that maybe where the camera was found was called Cloverfield.
Cloverfield is the street J J Abram's studio is on and people identified the movie by its code name so long they kept it.