Cnn using racial stereotypes?? Barrack Obama stereotyped as a good basketball player.

R

richfrompa

First let me apologize for posting this here. I can't create a new thread but wanted to make sure this story gets out there. This thread is kind of related and has some good activity. Mods feel free to move or delete. Original poster I didn't mean or intend to thread jack but I think you may agree this is worth it.

This morning I was watching CNN headline news and they were doing a story on youtube and how it's affecting the political process in the U.S. At the conclusion of the story the three reporters decided to show how easy it is to post a video on youtube. In the enclosed video notice the racial stereotype the black reporter uses when speaking and how he has stereotyped Barrack Obama as a good basketball player. He's on video asking Barrack if he wants to play a game of basketball. Also notice the ethnicity of the three reporters the typical melting pot image our media tries to portray. The caucasian female saying something about hey b and something about a t-shirt in a typical white girl trying to be urban way. The Asian girl being the typical I know how to use a camera type.

I'm sure if the boys did this bit there'd be a lot of comments in the media not to mention one or more special interest groups running their pie holes. Why won't this happen? Because it's CNN. I'm going to go on record and place my bet you won't see any outrage, reverend Al and company running their mouths or media coverage of this.

Let me say this I AM NOT a fan of censorship, I enjoy racial themed jokes and other "extreme" content and don't believe the airwaves or people should be censored nor do I have any reason to be disgusted or angered by these reporters. Frankly i'm glad they did this report and the youth of this country may just see this and participate in the political process.

BUT when you look at this as what it is a purely unbiased example of the hypocrisy in this country and the media in general you should get the point.

See for yourselves the video is at http://rapidshare.com/files/38904396/P6230271.MOV.html

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
First let me apologize for posting this here. I can't create a new thread but wanted to make sure this story gets out there. This thread is kind of related and has some good activity. Mods feel free to move or delete. Original poster I didn't mean or intend to thread jack but I think you may agree this is worth it.

This morning I was watching CNN headline news and they were doing a story on youtube and how it's affecting the political process in the U.S. At the conclusion of the story the three reporters decided to show how easy it is to post a video on youtube. In the enclosed video notice the racial stereotype the black reporter uses when speaking and how he has stereotyped Barrack Obama as a good basketball player. He's on video asking Barrack if he wants to play a game of basketball. Also notice the ethnicity of the three reporters the typical melting pot image our media tries to portray. The caucasian female saying something about hey b and something about a t-shirt in a typical white girl trying to be urban way. The Asian girl being the typical I know how to use a camera type.

I'm sure if the boys did this bit there'd be a lot of comments in the media not to mention one or more special interest groups running their pie holes. Why won't this happen? Because it's CNN. I'm going to go on record and place my bet you won't see any outrage, reverend Al and company running their mouths or media coverage of this.

Let me say this I AM NOT a fan of censorship, I enjoy racial themed jokes and other "extreme" content and don't believe the airwaves or people should be censored nor do I have any reason to be disgusted or angered by these reporters. Frankly i'm glad they did this report and the youth of this country may just see this and participate in the political process.

BUT when you look at this as what it is a purely unbiased example of the hypocrisy in this country and the media in general you should get the point.

See for yourselves the video is at http://rapidshare.com/files/38904396/P6230271.MOV.html
There will always be hypocracy, which is why we need PAC to make up more "orgainized lies" ... j/k - they're not liars

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
political correctness is fake.

ginaf20697

Did you know Obama is articulate too?

augiep38

I heard that burning crosses were chirstmas time favorites for barrack o' niqqer

bethm1b

person of interest
no he's not!!!! if he had his way there would be no more o n a. because they they tell racially insensitive jokes

Actually, as a Dem he would at least care about free speech rather than allowing these conservative christian scumbags decide what's decent and what's not.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
I thought on this board that if he was good he'd have to be dead....
:action-sm :action-sm :action-sm :action-sm

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
closer to a playground then allowed by law
Actually, as a Dem he would at least care about free speech rather than allowing these conservative christian scumbags decide what's decent and what's not.

he spoke out against imus......that's proof enough to me. I agree that christian douches are equally as revolting. rudy! rudy! rudy! he's a conservative but not as bad as the others. I know he's had problems with the show before but he was enforcing the law. but outside of the tri state area an italian might as well be black. I had friends in CA that didn't consider me white cause i'm PART Italian. I didn't care cause I had free racial jokes whenever I wanted to use them

Top Bottom