Coheed and Cambria - New album

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Just downloaded it and its amazing, just like the rest of there albums.....If you like progressive rock or bands like Maiden, I highly recommend this...The vocals are very cheesy but once you get used to them your in for a great band.

Its like Rush/late 80s maiden/pop punk

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
I just heard a song today on XM. The Running Free. I enjoyed it. I think I'm becoming a Coheed and Cambria fan. I really dig Claudio's voice.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
i think their last album was horrid. "welcome home" is probably the best song they have written, but the rest of that album is so uninspired and bland. no other song sticks out and only exist so claudio can tell his stupid, confusing, wandering story.

i really like the first disc and the second has some good moments. i hope this new one is better.

ps - their new drummer chris pennie is so damn good and will be criminally underutilized in coheed. check out some clips up on youtube of pennie, hes sick. dillinger escape plan is an awesome band and it sucks chris isn't in the band anymore.

kev

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
DEP WAS an awesome band, then some point around the Patton EP they fell apart.

Welcome home, mainly for the guitar parts, was the best song I think they've done. The previous albums though seemed to mix the cheesy melodies with the guitar parts well, the last album the songs were either cheesy or trying too hard to be too rock-y.

Vinny631

Meet the Creep
Apr 25, 2007
Commack N.Y.
can you give me the names of the best 2 or 3 songs......Im looking to download a few new songs.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
Welcome Home
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth
Delirium Trigger
Devil in Jersey City

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i've not heard the new album but i liked the last one so i think i'll pick the new one up. i don't listen to the radio...ever so i don't get to hear much new music

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I didn't even realize this was out. I'll have to download it and give it a listen.

i think their last album was horrid. "welcome home" is probably the best song they have written, but the rest of that album is so uninspired and bland. no other song sticks out and only exist so claudio can tell his stupid, confusing, wandering story.
Eh, I actually like the confusing, wandering story. I really appreciate what Claudio is trying to do with this - every album is essentially a rock opera, but of a rather unconventional sort.

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
"Welcome Home" is one of the best songs ever, I was sad when i started hearing it on the radio.

empyrelounge

Aug 9, 2005
Boston, MA
new disc is good...its a lot more "radio friendly" then their other stuff...but still good. guy has such a great distinct rock voice

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
They upgraded there drums on this cd with Chris Penne from Dillinger Escape Plan. Dude is a machine on the drums

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
They upgraded there drums on this cd with Chris Penne from Dillinger Escape Plan. Dude is a machine on the drums
unfortunately Pennie didn't record thee CD with them...its the dude from Foo Fighters on the new album, who is a pretty solid drummer.

As far as my comment on the wandering story, I appreiate what Claudio is doing as far as having this vision, but it's a hazy vision sometimes that I feel like he gets lost in as well.

And, why does a song become bad if you start to hear it on the radio? Such an immature outlook on music.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I loved there last album....and the one before that also and so far I'm obsessed with this new album. I think I just love there sound...it's so different.

ZeoVGM

I am awesome. You are not.
Jun 11, 2004
Bridgewater, MA
It's pretty damn good. The last one sucked, other than "Welcome Home".

Also of note to emo/poprock/whatever fans, the new Say Anything double-CD: In Defense of the Genre. Fuckin' awesome.