Coinstar

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
I know this was mentioned on the show yesterday. This has nothing to do with that.

I have a few jars on my desk that I always empty my change into. Once they fill up (about once a year.) I usually roll them all up, take em to the bank and then just spend the cash on something that I "want" but don't really need. It's usually somewhere between $250-300.

This time around, I was lazy and didn't want to roll them myself. I looked into those coinstar machines to see how much money they "charge." They have a deal with Amazon that if you select "receive your funds in an Amazon gift card," youy don't get charged at all. Pretty nice.

It only took about 10-15 minutes to count all 30lbs worth of coins. I just ordered a new 500GB hard drive, 1gb of ram for my laptop and a few books and movies. Wiped that thing right out.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i rolled up my change and took it to the bank last time.

i bought 2 new rifles with the change i cashed in. :D

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
My credit union doesn't charge for using the change machine if you're a member...the change is part of my vacation fund every year. It's amazing how much change adds up

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i do it all the time, but i use either commerce bank or the credit union, they dont charge, thats usually my gambling money, dope money, or a nice party night for me and the old lady. im good for at least 200$ or so, i use a 5 gal water jug, a full one is over 2000$ depending on how many pennies are in there, i toss in 1$ coins also so that can boost the amount, i like to let it get filled to the second rib and that gets me about 450$

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I stuff all my pennies into socks. Then the day before Christmas I take all the coins and I throw them off of overpasses at the homeless. Man, the look on thier face when the coin filled sock cracks their eye socket, it really makes Christmas worthwhile.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
if you are near a Commerce bank, use them they don't charge anything, I save all my change. I turn it in once a year, when my nephews visit for 2 weeks .This years haul was a little over $750.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
I'd love to see someone trying to lug one of those out of their car.
actually my boss had one full of pennies. we WERE going to take it out of his house in to his truck and take it to the bank. the bottom broke the second we got it about 3 ft off the ground.

pennies everywhere, and i just went to his garage, got a shovel, handed it to him, got in my truck, and left laughing at him

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
if you are near a Commerce bank, use them they don't charge anything, I save all my change. I turn it in once a year, when my nephews visit for 2 weeks .This years haul was a little over $750.
i dont think we have any of those here. Amazon is good enough though. It was actually better because it forced me not to go to Best Buy where I would have paid $30 more for the hard drive alone

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I'd love to see someone trying to lug one of those out of their car.
i actually saw two sparkling wiggles with one on a hand truck taking it into the bank one day. ive never personally filled one, (the 2K is an estimate based on the size of the container and the average amounts i take out) the most ive ever gotten out of mine was about 600, but that included a good amount of half dollars i got from my grand father

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
actually my boss had one full of pennies. we WERE going to take it out of his house in to his truck and take it to the bank. the bottom broke the second we got it about 3 ft off the ground.

pennies everywhere, and i just went to his garage, got a shovel, handed it to him, got in my truck, and left laughing at him

i had a bag of .22s break on me one day at the range, it was about 1000rds all over the place, that was the last time i tried that..

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Dec 9, 2004
Next to aleash
I can't be bothered saving coins.

I don't even keep pennies.
I throw them in the trash because they're annoying.
It drives my girlfriend nuts.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
My credit union has a Coinstar-type machine and they don't charge anything to use it. I only used it once, but it worked out nicely.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
i had a bag of .22s break on me one day at the range, it was about 1000rds all over the place, that was the last time i tried that..
yeah me too. its one thing going to the range with a shitload of ammo that you might shoot. its another if your storage container has broken and you HAVE to shoot.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
yeah me too. its one thing going to the range with a shitload of ammo that you might shoot. its another if your storage container has broken and you HAVE to shoot.
that was the day i shot out the "target" bbl on my HP22 :rolleyes:

my other buddy gummed up the works on his new walther 22, he was pissed after a couple hundred rounds his was jamming up and fucking up, my 99$ gun fired till the bbl melted

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
I have a shit load of change too. I noticed my bank has one now. I have maybe 20lbs of silver and 20 of pennies. Can I just dump it all in or would I break the fucker? I feel like an ass walking in with 2 buckets o change

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
I have a shit load of change too. I noticed my bank has one now. I have maybe 20lbs of silver and 20 of pennies. Can I just dump it all in or would I break the fucker? I feel like an ass walking in with 2 buckets o change
the machine i used had a hopper on it that would only fit "so much" change so it was impossible to dump in too much.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
thats exactly how i do it i have a nice 2 gal bucket that i use, whats embarrassing for me is all the other junk that gets spit out of the machine, bullets, washers, nuts, bolts, little balls of tin foil plastic clips of all shapes and sizes. the machine will only let you dump so much in at a time so you cant break it but when it gets filled up you can get fucked because you have to wait for some one at the bank to fix it.

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
Thanks, I thought it was just me that saved shit loads of change. My penny
collection is going on 3 years now

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
the machine will only let you dump so much in at a time so you cant break it but when it gets filled up you can get fucked because you have to wait for some one at the bank to fix it.
Heh, i guess the one I was using had multiple bins in it. At one point, the machine stopped and displayed a "Wow, you sure do have a lot of coins. Please wait while we catch up." Right after that, I could hear the coins dropping into a bin tht was empty from the sound of it.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I've used Coinstar for years, always good for about $400 or so in cash, but, I will check out Commerce.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
I've used Coinstar for years, always good for about $400 or so in cash, but, I will check out Commerce.
Wow. I think Coinstar charges .08 per dollar counted - $400 comes to $32 that you paid them to count your coins. Ugh.