Colin Powell endorses Obama for president

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Former secretary of state Colin Powell endorsed President Obama for reelection Thursday, saying he has been “very solid” on protecting the country during his watch.
Speaking on CBS’ “This Morning,” Powell credited Obama with ending the war in Iraq, drawing down troops in Afghanistan and avoiding entanglement in new wars despite tensions around the globe.
“I think that the actions he’s taken with respect to protecting us from terrorism have been very, very solid,” Powell said.“And so I think we ought to keep on the track that we are on."
The Obama campaign promoted the endorsement with a video released shortly after the appearance by Powell, a Republican who served as the country's top diplomat under President George W. Bush.
PHOTOS: President Obama’s past
Powell backed Obama in 2008 and said he plans to “stick with him in 2012” based on his record and on the proposals of Republican Mitt Romney.
“I’m not quite sure which Gov. Romney we’d be getting with respect to foreign policy,” he said, calling his positions a “moving target.”
“There are some very, very strong neo-conservative views that are presented by the governor,” said Powell, “that I have some trouble with.”
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-colin-powell-president-obama-20121025,0,3366508.story

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Surprised?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
And of course he is now subject to racist attacks. Oh wait, no. That was when he was in the Bush administration. Now everyone loves him.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
Former secretary of state Colin Powell endorsed President Obama for reelection Thursday, saying he has been “very black” during his watch.
Speaking on CBS’ “This Morning,” Powell credited Obama with being black in Iraq, being black in Afghanistan and being black despite tensions around the globe.
“I think that the actions he’s taken with respect to being black have been very, very solid,” Powell said.“And so I think we ought to keep on the black track that we are on."
The Obama campaign promoted the endorsement with a video released shortly after the appearance by Powell, a Republican who served as the country's top diplomat under President George W. Bush.
PHOTOS: President Obama’s past
Powell backed Obama in 2008 and said he's “still black in 2012” based on his pictures and on the proposals of Republican Mitt Romney who is very white.
“I’m quite sure which Gov. Romney we’d be getting” he said, calling him “clearly white.”
“There are some very, very strong neo-conservative views that are presented by the white governor,” said Powell, “and although I was ok with them when I was Secretary of State, I now have some trouble with since he's running against someone who is black.”
Fixed

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
A Black man who served during a Republican administration endorsing a Democrat over a Republican candidate two times straight. What a surprise. Does he not realize that Obama spent more money in 4 years than Bush did in 8 and the economy is worse? Or that Black male unemployment is approaching 20 percent?

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
A Black man who served during a Republican administration endorsing a Democrat over a Republican candidate two times straight. What a surprise. Does he not realize that Obama spent more money in 4 years than Bush did in 8 and the economy is worse? Or that Black male unemployment is approaching 20 percent?
There will probably be a nice cabinet position for him for getting on board again after 4 years of disaster.

Then again, most of these political types or celebrities (Jay-Z, Samuel L. Jackson) are only voting for him because he's black.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
And of course he is now subject to racist attacks. Oh wait, no. That was when he was in the Bush administration. Now everyone loves him.
I'm sure no one on any Right-wing leaning sites will point out the relative darkness of each gentleman's skin tone in relation to their political leanings.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm sure no one on any Right-wing leaning sites will point out the relative darkness of each gentleman's skin tone in relation to their political leanings.
You wanna go attack for attack? I'll fire the first salvo.

(Talking about Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice)

And go.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Fuck, do I hate Al Sharpton. If you are successful you are a house negro. Go figure.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
No one who votes for Romney will ever call Obama a N****r
Except for half this board.

Read the racist backlash against Mia Love, Stacy Dash, Condi Rice, and others that have left the democrat plantation. I think that are more Obama voters that say "N_igger" than Romney voters.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Except for half this board.

Read the racist backlash against Mia Love, Stacy Dash, Condi Rice, and others that have left the democrat plantation. I think that are more Obama voters that say "N_igger" than Romney voters.

I'm not even arguing who has more. Don alleges that there are no racists in the Republican party. I say he's full of shit.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'm not even arguing who has more. Don alleges that there are no racists in the Republican party. I say he's full of shit.
Learn how to read, dummy. Racism is only institutionalized in the democrat party. It's their weapon.

Do I need to remind you what party formed the KKK?

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I heard dick cheney takes it up the ass too.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Irrelevant.....which party has embraced it and carried it forward to the 21st century?
I think it is unfair to categorize one party or another as being racist. Democrats are not solely racist. Neither are Republicans, Liberals, etc. If you want to be fair about it, all political entities and groups have racist members or inclinations.

It's not like there is a giant banner outside the Republican National Committee that says "No N*ggers, Spics, Non White Poor Individuals".

You can make the case for any group or person for being racist.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
In all honesty, neither of those Uncle Tom's are dark enough to be full blown naggers.