Colin Quinn's "Long Story Short" now available to stream on Netflix.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
I saw the legend, CQ, working out his new hour of material in Long Island City at this place called the Creek and the Cave last night. It was so incredibly funny, and free too. Tiny little performance space, and it was packed so it was pretty uncomfortable, but I plan on going back tonight to see if it changed at all. It's all about bullying, and how the entire country was founded on bullying, and he goes into hilariously subtle detail, especially about the Founding Fathers. He sipped a can of Diet Coke through a fucking straw the whole time, which I also found hilarious.

Anyone near NYC should definitely make the trip, it's right off the G or 7 trains. He's there all week at 7 PM, and it's about 70 minutes of material, and it flies by. It's a pretty rare opportunity to see a truly hilarious, master comedian up close for free. Some of the bits aren't fully ready yet, and he always realized it once he finished the bit and commented on it in a hilarious way. It's almost more entertaining and interesting to see a work in progress than the finished product.

God Loves Fags

A clear and dusty day in June
Feb 1, 2011
Brooklyn
For those who care: even funnier the second time, with like 30% new material. He had a bit that he didn't do the first time I saw him about George Washington cutting down the cherry tree that made me cry, literally cry laughing, which I don't think has happened to me in years. I was hanging around out front after with some other amateur comics, and Colin came out and hung out with us for a little while. I asked him to please do O & A more often because the Friday show was the best in months, and he said he loved it, it was exactly what he liked because it was just Ant, Jim, Vos and him (which I found hilarious, he basically said he prefers when Opie isn't there). But he went on to say that he does love doing it, but he doesn't like how Jim, Ant, and Op get paid to do it and he doesn't, and he doesn't really do club gigs so he has nothing to plug. And he went on to say that even if he had something to plug, he wouldn't want O & A listeners there, because he thinks they're scum.

He also told the group that he wrapped filming of Grown Ups 2 earlier today, and after Grown Ups Sandler got everyone in the cast a Ferrari, but after the sequel all he got was a new piece of luggage, and he did the patented Colin Quinn knuckle-bite of frustration. Fun shit.

Dec 12, 2007
For those who care: even funnier the second time, with like 30% new material. He had a bit that he didn't do the first time I saw him about George Washington cutting down the cherry tree that made me cry, literally cry laughing, which I don't think has happened to me in years. I was hanging around out front after with some other amateur comics, and Colin came out and hung out with us for a little while. I asked him to please do O & A more often because the Friday show was the best in months, and he said he loved it, it was exactly what he liked because it was just Ant, Jim, Vos and him (which I found hilarious, he basically said he prefers when Opie isn't there). But he went on to say that he does love doing it, but he doesn't like how Jim, Ant, and Op get paid to do it and he doesn't, and he doesn't really do club gigs so he has nothing to plug. And he went on to say that even if he had something to plug, he wouldn't want O & A listeners there, because he thinks they're scum.

He also told the group that he wrapped filming of Grown Ups 2 earlier today, and after Grown Ups Sandler got everyone in the cast a Ferrari, but after the sequel all he got was a new piece of luggage, and he did the patented Colin Quinn knuckle-bite of frustration. Fun shit.
God dammit I wish I lived in NY and could see him and talk to him like that.

As much as I don't like Sandler I respect that he's giving his old friend some work, better late then never.

As to your crying laughing thing, Colin is the only person who's ever made me fall on the ground and roll around laughing. He's the greatest ever.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Holy fuck. Just watched it. Laughing the whole way through, damn haven't laughed like that in a long time. Best special i've ever seen.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he said he loved it, it was exactly what he liked because it was just Ant, Jim, Vos and him (which I found hilarious, he basically said he prefers when Opie isn't there).
I think he meant that it was just comics as guests like the earlier days instead of the comics plus an outsider guest.