COLTS Busted cheating...Using fake crowd noise vs. Patriots

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
There have been complaints for quite some time now against the colts based on the fact that the crowd noise comes out of nowhere when it appears no one is cheering...well, during yesterdays pats game the CD that plays the fake crowd noise started skipping...NFL rules dictate that the P.A. system is not to be used while the ball is in play...Ie ready for a snap or the Play clock is running...SO in order to gain an advantage colts have been pumping fake crowd noise. This is FAR worse than any video taping scandle, and of course you will hear nothing about this...

http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/?p=3529

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
i heard that last night and was wondering what that was

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Hehe I'm shocked to see your location "outside boston":action-sm

If this is in fact against NFL rules I'm sure they will get some kinda shit for it

tar_baby

Rush Limbaugh
Jul 25, 2005
Notre Dame, IN
Tennessee does this...very apparent when i went to see ND play UT..or is it TU...who cares?

i think this is more common than we think

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Hehe I'm shocked to see your location "outside boston":action-sm

If this is in fact against NFL rules I'm sure they will get some kinda shit for it
No bias here ;) but seriously, that is bullshit...that noise is such an advantage

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
You know, I heard that too, I thought it was my HD TV Box reception on the prosessor craping out. Now that you mention it, it did sound like a disk skipping. That makes me mad because I bet 100 clams for the Pats to cover the spread!

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I've heard the rumors about them doing this before. It's not worse then the videotaping signals. I don't even know that you can make a case that it's worse then the video taping signals, but it's all still cheating and it's disgraceful and should be punished severely.

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
You mean the saintly man of faith Tony Dungy would cheat to gain an edge? Guess those home wins are going to need some *s next to them in the record books.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I noticed that when it happened and was wtf? It will get a pass because of the video tape thing. I am guessing every team has a freebie they can use now. What's next the Beltway Snipers are deployed in Baltimore when the Pats come to visit?

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
I've heard the rumors about them doing this before. It's not worse then the videotaping signals. I don't even know that you can make a case that it's worse then the video taping signals, but it's all still cheating and it's disgraceful and should be punished severely.
WHAT! Bull Shit! This is alot worse than video taping signals, its not like you dont see them while the game is being played, its just a tool to be used to study the calls alot clearer. Now, when you play something loud over the PA system while the ball is in play to disturb and distract the opposing team? I would say thats alot worse there Jim

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
The video taping is absolutely worse. It's a lot easier to go to a silent snap count then it is to play defense against a team that knows what defense you're running on any given play. And I'm not defending the Colts by any means. The fake crowd noise is cheating. It's just not a sure fire way of effecting the outcome of a game. Not like video taping signals so you can sit down, match them up to plays, and figure out what the signals mean so you know what defense they will run the next time you see them. I don't think any sane person would argue that.

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
It will get a pass because of the video tape thing. I am guessing every team has a freebie they can use now.
I think a case can be made for the opposite - you can't just punish one team for cheating and let another team get away with it.

Capt.Quint

ANDREW DICE GAY
Jul 26, 2005
Fort Pierce,FL
Apparantly it was a problem on CBS's end. I'll just quote a post from the Titans' board, because I know nothing about this crap.

:
Originally Posted by Big Time;623089
I work at a CBS affiliate and was the one here airing the game. Those audio hits were on networks end. That happens sometimes, and like a previous poster said, what you are hearing is several audio channels mixed. Sometimes one or more channels get dropped.

Here, I switched to network's backup feed when that happened and it fixed the problem.

Occasionally, I have to dial in to CBS air control in New York when we leave one game early for the kickoff of a Chargers game (because they are the home team here) and I can hear all the chaos that goes on trying to put an NFL game on the air. It's a lot more complicated than a local newscast. I'm amazed that you can sit at home and just enjoy the game without seeing any evidence of how hard TV people work.
Putting my Colts' fandom behind, I do believe it was a fuck up on CBS's part. I am not saying that Indy have never piped sound in (even I have thought about it from time to time) but there is no way that this is proof of Indy piping crowd noise in. Nfl is going to need alot more evidence than a broadcast tape of a game to let this one stick.

peopleselbow

YiChen BuddhaChrist
Jan 25, 2006
Chicago
OMG, I heard that shit and thought it was the HD fucking up again.

What was with Dungy and Bill Belichick at the end of the game?

Brady, Moss and Welker are unbelievable.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Imagine that, the Colts are scumbags too. I could have told you that in 1984, and I was only 11 years old then.

As for the Steelers being the only legitimate team to win a Super Bowl lately, don't forget the wonderful Ravens. Aside from Ray Lewis murdering someone, they're pretty clean.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
They should play laugh tracks too. Get a hold of a sound effects machine too.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
The video taping is absolutely worse. It's a lot easier to go to a silent snap count then it is to play defense against a team that knows what defense you're running on any given play. And I'm not defending the Colts by any means. The fake crowd noise is cheating. It's just not a sure fire way of effecting the outcome of a game. Not like video taping signals so you can sit down, match them up to plays, and figure out what the signals mean so you know what defense they will run the next time you see them. I don't think any sane person would argue that.
hoagie hoagie hoagie...The silent snap count requires the use of hand signals to the recievers to dictate routes based upon the defensive set up...Hand signals...that are very easy to steal. The silent snap count also means the defense will NEVER be offside b/c there is no going on 2 or 3. The lineman successively get off the ball slower as you get further away from the center b/c instead of going on HUTT they go when they see the guy next to them move...center snaps, guard moves, tackel moves, tight end moves...HOWEVER the d-line watches the ball. A defensive end has A HUGE advantage on a silent snap count. He knows that when the QB stomps his foot and the center faces forward that the snap is immanent. And what do you know...the patriots tackles had trouble for most of the game with the colts outside pass rush...This is also why it is now a penalty for a defender to 'draw' the offense offsides.
Instead of brady yelling "Omaha....88...Firecracker....54 is mine...set...GOLD GOLD...50...set hut hut hut..." He has to wave hand signals to his wide outs that i sure as shit hope the colts can decypher