Columnist says the boys should be replaced

AnalLeakage

Ruining Ant's sheets
Mike Klein - Philadelphia Inquirer - calls for the boys to be replaced:

WYSP, once on top, has a way to go. In its target of men 18 to 49, it was 13th out of 28 stations in May's Arbitron rankings. Brightest spot was afternooner Kidd Chris, who was sixth and might be a wiser choice for mornings than the middling-rated and syndicated Opie & Anthony. WYSP has been looking for a program director since last month, when Gil Edwards was let go.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colu...lings___Another_survivor_eatery_bows_out.html

Contact columnist Michael Klein
at 215-854-5514 or mklein@phillynews.com

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Middling ratings? How dare he print truth!!

I'm going to hide now.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Yeah, the guy isn't making outrageous accusations or taking some parochial stand against their content. He's just stating his opinion.

Not everyone is a rabid fan :p

Grace

I'm a firm breasted something
WYSP (94.1) just dropped the "Free FM" moniker that 12 CBS Radio stations had adopted in a marketing ploy following Howard Stern's departure for the pay world of Sirius satellite radio. WYSP's guy-talk format is unchanged, under the slogan "94 Talks."

ugh, do not like the new logo

Put fucking rock music on in the afternoon, and watch the station's ratings soar.

The FreeFM logo looks pretty damned good compared to that new piece of shit.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Everyone trashes their fucking ratings. And wonder why they dont have Stern numbers.
Stern got fired from NBC in 85 and then in 86 got the morning slot and started getting syndicated by infinity (back when you could still do radio). Thats the equivalent of comparing Sterns ratings from 88 to his 04 ratings.
Fuck this asshole. Theres no reason for this. If you constantly flip formats and fire shows your never going to develop a fan base.

OnA are a good product. Leave them alone, let this PC bullshit die off so they can start doing radio again and watch the numbers soar.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Everyone trashes their fucking ratings. And wonder why they dont have Stern numbers.
Stern got fired from NBC in 85 and then in 86 got the morning slot and started getting syndicated by infinity (back when you could still do radio). Thats the equivalent of comparing Sterns ratings from 88 to his 04 ratings.
Fuck this asshole. Theres no reason for this. If you constantly flip formats and fire shows your never going to develop a fan base.
That and running a show that ends an hour earlier than the competition
doesn't help either.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
the 9am thing is terrible and has to be changed. that being said, this guy isn't really that far off. o&a haven't been doing well in philly, and based on what they told us on air last week, they're pretty surprised by it, too. I'd think going to all rock after a morning show would probably help quite a bit, but god only knows why anyone is listening to preston and steve.

G

gofurself

"How mighty are Preston & Steve? Their share of the male audience in May was more than 21/2 times that of KYW and more than three times that of DeBella."

I occasionally flip to Preston and Steve during O+A's commercials, I still can't figure out how anyone can listen to that shit. I'm starting to think that everyone in and around Philly minus a very dedicated insane few are nothing but a bunch of pussies.

I think people have just found alternatives. If you have to water shit down to much how much can really entertain the way you used to?

I don't blame O&A, they've done about as much as you can do in their format in today's world. In general, rating for "shock jocks" aren't what they used to because the friggin' FCC and pussy ownership neuters them. So, people listen to a cd or iPod or something. Satellite was the alternative but only so many people are willing to pay.

For YSP in particular, if they aren't following O&A with rock they're retarded. That's what their fanbase listens to.

Squat Toilet

Could somebody from Philly tell me how this Preston & Steve show is so popular ? I'm from Chicago and have never heard of them.

What kind of ' wacky ' show do they do, and have they been in Philly for years ?

G

gofurself

Could somebody from Philly tell me how this Preston & Steve show is so popular ? I'm from Chicago and have never heard of them.

What kind of ' wacky ' show do they do, and have they been in Philly for years ?
They were on Philly's old alternative rock station Y100 for four years until the station got canned. Then went to classic rock station WMMR where they are now. They are a generic hacky radio show.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.

i took a quick look at their wiki and it looks like they do alot of prize giveaways to callers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_and_Steve
sounds like a zoo show. :puke:

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
I looked at that Wikipedia entry.

So, they have bits called Assword and Butt Plug Karaoke . . .

Butt Plug Karaoke

Casey-boy will insert a butt plug into his mouth and will sing a line or two from a song. Callers must figure out what song Casey is singing.
Oh. My. God.

A homo says what?

S

Spictastic

Preston is a total douche, think Mancow, Steve can actually be pretty funny SOMETIMES, but they have a hole and 2 fruits on the show, It would probably be much better if it was the steve show. About the only semi funny bit they do is poo dollar...they have someone wipe their ass with a dollar bill and drops it somewhere, then when someone picks it up he comes out yelling poo dollar on a megaphone.:icon_roll

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Put fucking rock music on in the afternoon, and watch the station's ratings soar.
Am I the only one who hopes KROCK and their shitty playlist ends up doing poorly?

Squat Toilet

From the wikipedia entry these guys sound like a real hoot. I would describe them as John and Jeff on Roids. :icon_neut

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Everyone's entitled to their opinions and obviously this guy enjoys zoo-type programing. I'd be curious to see what their ratings are vs. OnA's ratings

doobdoob

Preston is a total douche, think Mancow, Steve can actually be pretty funny SOMETIMES, but they have a hole and 2 fruits on the show, It would probably be much better if it was the steve show. About the only semi funny bit they do is poo dollar...they have someone wipe their ass with a dollar bill and drops it somewhere, then when someone picks it up he comes out yelling poo dollar on a megaphone.:icon_roll
I laughed at that description.

OnA are a good product. Leave them alone, let this PC bullshit die off so they can start doing radio again and watch the numbers soar.
Just tell those people that O&A are going to have fantastic ratings in 2023, the same amount of time it took Stern to get those ratings.

CaraC

A real giirrrrllllllllllllllllll
Just tell those people that O&A are going to have fantastic ratings in 2023, the same amount of time it took Stern to get those ratings.
I actually read this whole thread and found this to be so true. Stern has been around forever, you cant compare his ratings to O&A... in "2023," as you said, watch them keep truckin along... sure, they will deal with the republican leadership bullshit that is plaguing this country right now, and as long as the PC propaganda doesnt cauterize them they'll still be trucking. They are still soaring compared to howie and those of the like who are STUCK at the point theyre STUCK at right now. Theyre actually ADVANCING... which is more than what any of those their being compared to can say. Fuck what anyone has to say about where theyre at... theyve been a fan fave for long enough that theyre still moving ahead... whens the newest Hoo Hoo fan been seen? back in 1998. Where he/she belongs.