Coming to a menu near you...Horse Burgers, steaks and stew.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/30/horses-could-soon-be-slaughtered-for-meat-in-us/

Horses Could Soon Be Slaughtered for Meat in U.S.
TULSA, Okla. – Horses could soon be butchered in the U.S. for human consumption after Congress quietly lifted a 5-year-old ban on funding horse meat inspections, and activists say slaughterhouses could be up and running in as little as a month.
Slaughter opponents pushed a measure cutting off funding for horse meat inspections through Congress in 2006 after other efforts to pass outright bans on horse slaughter failed in previous years. Congress lifted the ban in a spending bill President Barack Obama signed into law Nov. 18 to keep the government afloat until mid-December.
It did not, however, allocate any new money to pay for horse meat inspections, which opponents claim could cost taxpayers $3 million to $5 million a year. The U.S. Department of Agriculture would have to find the money in its existing budget, which is expected to see more cuts this year as Congress and the White House aim to trim federal spending.
The USDA issued a statement Tuesday saying there are no slaughterhouses in the U.S. that butcher horses for human consumption now, but if one were to open, it would conduct inspections to make sure federal laws were being followed. USDA spokesman Neil Gaffney declined to answer questions beyond what was in the statement.
Although there are reports of Americans dining on horse meat a recently as the 1940s, the practice is virtually non-existent in this country, where the animals are treated as beloved pets and iconic symbols of the West.
The last U.S. slaughterhouse that butchered horses closed in 2007 in Illinois, and animal welfare activists warned of massive public outcry in any town where a slaughterhouse may open.
"If plants open up in Oklahoma or Nebraska, you'll see controversy, litigation, legislative action and basically a very inhospitable environment to operate," predicted Wayne Pacelle, president and chief executive of The Humane Society of the United States.
Now I'm starvin...

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Do we need another sign that humanity is devolving?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
This would obviously be for export, so if some savages want to pay us to eat our horses, I say let them.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Might as well. Dogs are sacred, sitting is an activity, and eating is constant.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
This would obviously be for export, so if some savages want to pay us to eat our horses, I say let them.
That has been going on, theyd just transport them to Mexico or Canada.

Owenay

May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Meh... we eat cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, lambs,
buffalo, deer, etc so why should a horse be so taboo?
In my book civilized society needs to draw the line somewhere and intelligence should play a key role in defining that line. Horses are smart. Smarter than any of the animals mentioned and smarter than any fucking cat or ferret or iguana.

But maybe that's just me.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
nah theyd send them to france apparently they consider horse meat a delicacy
No you fuckin retard theyd transport them to get slaughtered in Mexico or Canada, where they sent the horse cocks I have no clue. Wavyhand.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
In my book civilized society needs to draw the line somewhere and intelligence should play a key role in defining that line. Horses are smart. Smarter than any of the animals mentioned and smarter than any fucking cat or ferret or iguana.

Any animal can be trained to the point it looks smart.
Hardly a qualifier as to whether I'll eat it.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
When they banned slaughter a few years ago, people couldn't afford to keep the old and sick and lame horses that had previously been sent to slaughter. What to do? Some let them starve to death. They dumped them on National Forest and BLM lands to help destroy the landscape. They sneaked them into unlocked private pastures and corrals on moonless nights. I even heard of a few cases of ranchers coming out of the livestock sale arena to find strange horses loaded into their stock trailers.

Now they once again will be able to send them off to a humane slaughter so the various savages can have tasty meals.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
This will piss off the 'horse chicks' that dwell all around here. Every other house out in the sticks is a horse ranch, where the guy that owns it is a doctor and his bored wife fancies herself a horseman. It's like some sort of lesbo tribe, but without all the rug munching. They all drive gigantic pickup trucks with 'I <3 Horses!' bumper stickers. They all run horse rescue operations and are on occasion jailed for sending death threats to the local horse buyer that sends Mr. Ed and his friends to the dog food factory.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9

Swine are on the upper end of animal intelligence, your point is invalid

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio

They'll eat until their stomachs rupture, they are not exactly geniuses.

Overeating of grain is another common cause of stomach distention. In a typical scenario, a horse is accidentally allowed access to the feed room, or a large quantity of feed is delivered and stacked in an area where horses can reach it. The horse's stomach is relatively small, with a capacity of only about 2 to 4 gallons (8 to 16 liters). Because of this limited capacity, a horse can quickly eat more grain than the stomach can handle. If the grain stays in the stomach for an extended period, fermentation may occur, producing gas that contributes to distention and pain. Fullness also triggers waves of contractions designed to push food into the small intestine, increasing discomfort if the food is not able to leave the stomach. Most mammals that overeat are able to vomit to relieve the pressure of a full stomach, but due to the anatomy of the equine soft palate and epiglottis, vomiting is usually not possible for the horse. Stomach rupture can occur in rare circumstances where the stomach contents cannot move further into the digestive tract.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
So a horse is a dumb as a $.10 goldfish. Take that horse lovers, your beloved animals are as bright as bait.
They are somewhat intelligent (more so that a goldfish) but I just don't think intelligence should be the line we draw on what is OK to eat.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
They are somewhat intelligent (more so that a goldfish) but I just don't think intelligence should be the line we draw on what is OK to eat.
i agree, otherwise we'd have already eaten everyone who lives in Alabama and New Jersey

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.

Hey, my kitty comes when he is called, plays fetch and awoke my wife when the neighbor managed to set his deck on fire when he stupidly let a charcoal grill smolder on it, after he went to bed. Even my dog was sound asleep for that. The cat was on his usual night patrol of the house and must have caught a wiff or saw the flames out of my rear picture window.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Agreed. I really don't care to eat stupid people. Though we'd never starve.
If we actively hunted and ate stupid people think of how dull the internet videos would get. Who here doesn't enjoy a moron redneck setting himself on fire to celebrate his birthday? He'd be chops and livers if we started eating stupid people.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Eating a horse was so taboo because they had other value as an animal. That's not so much the case these days. I would never eat one, but don't really have a moral stance against the practice.

Owenay

May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Swine are on the upper end of animal intelligence, your point is invalid
I don't dig on swine.

They'll eat until their stomachs rupture, they are not exactly geniuses.
And humans knowingly shorten their lives with fatty foods, tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, heroin and meth all the time. They also jump out of perfectly good airplanes and crawl around in deep, undersea caves. Your point...

Hey, my kitty comes when he is called, plays fetch and awoke my wife when the neighbor managed to set his deck on fire when he stupidly let a charcoal grill smolder on it, after he went to bed. Even my dog was sound asleep for that. The cat was on his usual night patrol of the house and must have caught a wiff or saw the flames out of my rear picture window.
This begs the question... Would any of you horse-eaters chow down on some dog or cat? How about some dolphin? Or even ape, chimp, or gorilla?

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I'd eat just about anything you put on a plate in front of me granted it was meat, not rotten, and smelled alright. The only caveat is that I don't necessarily condone the killing of the animal specifically for my dining. If it was already killed and someone cooked it up, then fair game.

Oh, and it can't be one of those AIDS monkeys or whatever.