coming to ny

robertkeys

there is a lot of gash walking around today
Dec 3, 2004
im coming to ny from portland or next week. 9/22-31, am going to a yankees game. what else should i do? if i wanted to meet the boys or ronnie and fez what would be a good way to do it?
pretty excited.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
check out carolines.com see if any comics are playing, its alittle expensive but usually top notch acts. If you wanna cheap it and just have a few beers check out comedycellar.com, usually like 5 or 6 comics in a night and pretty cheap

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Meet OnA? Well, best shot for you is the Walkover.

Ron and Fez. Hope for a Bar Night.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
Meet OnA? Well, best shot for you is the Walkover.

Ron and Fez. Hope for a Bar Night.
Walkover? He said he was coming next week not next year! :haha7: Don't think the XM studios will be done by the time this gentleman is in town.

krispykreme

Jun 23, 2005
- Get some real pizza, in Manhattan, Lombardis, or Johns in the village. Better yet, Grimaldis in Brooklyn.

- Check out times square at night, just for pics, the rest is shit.

- Take the LIRR out to go to F.H. Rileys.

- Comedy Cellar

- just walk your balls off, all over manhattan, see all you can.

hawk4444

Also known as Butters
Jun 23, 2005
Bisbee, AZ
go see ground zero, check out the street performers by the ferry boats when you go check out the statue of liberty. dont go to ellis island.

have fun on the subway system, go to grinich villiage and see all the gay's and sex shops. dont' buy anything from anybody sitting on the sidewalk. keep an eye out for anybody suspicious of hurting you or others.

go see the phantom of the opera if you can. it definetly was better then any movie i've ever seen in a theater.

those are just a few things to go do.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
- Get some real pizza, in Manhattan, Lombardis, or Johns in the village. Better yet, Grimaldis in Brooklyn.

- Comedy Cellar

WTF is F.H. Riellys ?
:icon_wink

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Just go to 145th Street & Broadway and yell, "Who's got change for a hundred dollar bill?"

Comedy will ensue.

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
Remember the best restaurants are on St. Nigg....ummmm I mean St. Nicholas ave from 125 st up to 165 st.

All kidding aside, I'm a NYC Medic, and trust me, medics and cops know where to get food. try to hit Wo Hops at 15 mott st, the one down the stairs in the basement, not the first floor entrance one. Plentiful cheap Chinese food that's open 24 hours a day. We made the staff recreate the final scene from a Christmas Story a few years ago when I had to work xmas eve, they werent to happy, but did it anyway. Fa ra ra ra ra.

Italian, I prefer Il Palazzo on Mulberry st, although Joey at Joey's Paesano may get upset.

Thai food, try SEA on 2nd ave off of 4st. Dirt cheap and good. There's also a cool Belgium french fry place on 2nd ave off of St. Markes called Pomme Frittes.

I'll think of some more after I get some sleep.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
If a black guy asks you what time it is, for the love of God , DO NOT TELL HIM.

Phil Packer

Throat Yogurt Dispenser
Mar 9, 2005
Dumont, NJ
at the yankee game, make sure to hold your beer up and point and laugh at everyone in the bleachers.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY

- Comedy Cellar

They've also added a branch of John's pizza in Times Square. Was there a few weeks ago. First time I had it, AMAZING food!

OxBabygirlxO

I put the baby in babyfuck
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
being that the xm studio is under construction its prob gonna be hard to view either show. O and A in FM have a room but you will only be able to listen ... dont think you can watch (i think maybe you can try sending steve an email).... R&F i beleive are still broadcasting from a small studio so might not be able to do that.

Depending on what you like to do ... i would go with Balzacs idea Carolines is good. If you wanna see a comdeian fromt he show check out they sites to see if any of them are performing ....

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Remember the best restaurants are on St. Nigg....ummmm I mean St. Nicholas ave from 125 st up to 165 st.

All kidding aside, I'm a NYC Medic, and trust me, medics and cops know where to get food. try to hit Wo Hops at 15 mott st, the one down the stairs in the basement, not the first floor entrance one. Plentiful cheap Chinese food that's open 24 hours a day. We made the staff recreate the final scene from a Christmas Story a few years ago when I had to work xmas eve, they werent to happy, but did it anyway. Fa ra ra ra ra.

Italian, I prefer Il Palazzo on Mulberry st, although Joey at Joey's Paesano may get upset.

Thai food, try SEA on 2nd ave off of 4st. Dirt cheap and good. There's also a cool Belgium french fry place on 2nd ave off of St. Markes called Pomme Frittes.

Ohh I love Pomme Frittes.
Also, Dont worry about pissing off Joey Paesano, he sold the restaurant I think.

ChrisH

Waddle Doodle
Jun 11, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

Another Chinatown suggestion is Dim Sum Go Go on East Broadway (near the Courthouses). VERY good and inexpensive Dim Sum, and the service/decor is westernized (so you don't have creepy old women bringing pre-cooked food on carts, which is traditional Dim Sum). People traditionally go on Sunday for brunch, but you can go anytime.

As for Steakhouses, Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is the gold standard, but they only take cash. If you want to stay in Manhattan, try Wolfgang's on Park (opened by a former Peter Luger's headwaiter), Sparks, Strip House or Smith & Wollensky's (for the Cajun Ribeye or Fillet Au Poive). All are expensive, but worth it. Note: If you go to either Peter Luger's or Wolfgang's, you *must* order the bacon-by-the-strip appetizer. It is basically a super-thick cut of marbled bacon that they broil that you eat with a knife and fork. Basically a mini-bacon steak. It is amazing.

Good Greek food, go to Astoria, Queens, or Uncle Nick's on 9th Avenue in Hell's Kitchen. Ethiopian, try Meskerem on McDougal (almost directly across the street from the Comedy Cellar). Also on McDougal--above the Comedy Cellar--is the Olive Tree Cafe. Really good middle eastern/mediterranean food, reasonably priced.

Also, you should take the subway to the first stop in Brooklyn on either the A,C,2,4,5 trains, all of which take you to Brooklyn Heights, and walk over the Brooklyn Bridge back into Manhattan. Phenominal views, free, and you will be right near South Street Seaport, which has a lot of fun stuff/stores to check out. You could combine this with the Chinatown option above, as the Bridge is right near Chinatown (I live in Brooklyn Heights and regularly walk over the bridge to have Sunday brunch with my chick in Chinatown).

If you want to see a Broadway show and don't want to/can't buy tix directly from the box office, there is a place in Times Square called TKTS that you can get same-day tickets for shows at a discount. The catch is it is first-come, first-served (there can be long lines, and they form early), and there is no guarantee as to which shows will have tickets available, and the seats aren't always the best.

Hope this helps.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten

wo hop fucking rules!!! As does sea, theres one in brooklyn that is amazing!!

And the best thing about Pomme Frittes is that you can go next store and up the stairs and check out toy tokyo :)

virus33

get ya pull
Jun 16, 2006
at the yankee game, make sure to hold your beer up and point and laugh at everyone in the bleachers.
have you ever been to a game? its the other way around.. The bleacher do the whole box seats sucks chant. Because paying 150$ - 350 is just stupid when you can get better seats for 10$ lol

and before its said you cant drink in the bleachers, after the drinking ban i have actually drank more in the bleachers + its cheaper no 7$ beer for me only mr Daniels =) enjoy your stay

if you like rock/heavy music go to generation records on thompson st the basement is filled with used gems and bootlegs.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
You could also go to another frequent PEST hang out, O'Lunney's on W. 44th right around the block from Planet Hollywood in Times Square. Great Irish food,and just great food in general. HUGE bar on both sides of the place. Nice hangout and reasonably priced.