Community demands answers after youth shot during a fight with a cop

Oh so now he was punching the cops... not per the mother's description of "He wasn't doin sheeeet."

Oh and "why didn't they shoot him in the legs."

domelogic

Love that the NAACP is concerned about black men getting killed by police but they aren't the least bit concerned about the amount of violence in the black community. Not a word said about everything that has been happening in Chicago. No profit or media coverage there

Not one person in the article mentioned the fact that these two individuals were in a fight with a police officer or the fact that they shoved him back into his car. I am guessing the result would have been different if the guy they were in a fight with was black and from the hood, right.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
I don't know if he was punching the cop but there does seem to have been a fight.

This is a 99% black area, 1% other so it can't really be a race thing when you go to arrest somebody there for committing a crime and they happen to be black.

I didn't know he tried to fight the cop but I heard there was a witness that took photos or video of the kid running from the police while they were trying to put him in the back of the car, which they gave the police for the investigation.

Disarm the police in fucking Ferguson. Nice try, black people.

DiggerNick

It's My Birthday!
Donator
I didn't read that shit.

Let me guess, he was an honors student, an aspiring rapper and was well-liked by everybody in his community?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I didn't read that shit.

Let me guess, he was an honors student, an aspiring rapper and was well-liked by everybody in his community?
Pretty close.
"My grandson never even got into a fight," she said of Brown, who she added had recently graduated high school. "He was just looking forward to getting on with his life. He was on his way."

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
If he was smart enough to graduate high school he should have been smart enough to not get into a fight with a cop.

DiggerNick

It's My Birthday!
Donator
Another black kid raised by his grandmother, I see.

If he was smart enough to graduate high school he should have been smart enough to not get into a fight with a cop.
Ummm...

He was going to go to Vatterot College...it's not a real college education. It's a school for cosmetology and electrician training.

Not that those are bad trades, but he wasn't going for a phd in anything.

He graduated from Normandy High School, you seriously pass if you bother to show up, otherwise nobody would graduate. It's a terrible school.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
He graduated from Normandy High School, you seriously pass if you bother to show up, otherwise nobody would graduate. It's a terrible school.
I guess next time I should use sarcasm tags.

It's a sad loss for the community. You can just tell he was going to be a great hair stylist.

Those little "colleges" are all over that area because that's the highest education most of the residents will consider.

I guess next time I should use sarcasm tags.
Or just stop talking altogether.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
It's a sad loss for the community. You can just tell he was going to be a great hair stylist.

Those little "colleges" are all over that area because that's the highest education most of the residents will consider.
If it gets them gainful employment, I'm all for it.

If it gets them gainful employment, I'm all for it.

It's just what they do until they drop out to work on their rap career because one guy from the area did the same thing and became mildly successful, so that big break is just around the corner!