Community demands answers after youth shot during a fight with a cop

No bronze statue to honor his strong arm robbery?

Activists Protest Store Michael Brown Robbed, Demand Ownership Be Given To Them

Ferguson, MO – A group of protesters gathered outside the convenience store that Michael Brown Jr. robbed just before he was killed in a 2014 altercation with a Ferguson police officer have demanded that the property owners hand the business over to them.

The protesters have been planted outside the Ferguson Market and Liquor store since Aug. 9, which marked the fourth anniversary of the day Brown was killed as he attacked Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported

Jay Kanzler, an attorney for the store, said that the protesters managed to shut down the business for a week, but that it was able to reopen on Aug. 25.
No arrests have been made, police said.

The business came under fire in 2017, after police released surveillance footage that appeared to show Brown dealing drugs to store workers hours before the robbery took place.

Brown's mother claimed that the video was proof that Brown wasn't really robbing the store, and that he was just collecting on the debt owed to him from his drug transaction.

The video ignited claims of a police cover-up of Brown's drug deal, which was interpreted by some as proof that the shooting of Brown was unjustified.

“I do believe that, on many levels, had they turned over all the surveillance the outcome could have been possibly different,” protester Gina Gowdy said of the store, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

However, all of the surveillance was actually turned over at the time, and unedited footage showed that store workers never accepted any of the drugs the Brown was selling. Investigators also found no link between Brown's drug dealing and the robbery or shooting.

On Aug. 17, in an effort to quell the protests, Kanzler said he met with Michael Brown Sr., activist Anthony Shahid, attorney Anthony Gray, and state Rep. Bruce Franks to hear a list of the protesters’ demands.

The group ordered that the store owners “address Michael Brown Jr.’s character,” which they said was mischaracterized by the early-on release of store surveillance footage that showed Brown shoving a clerk and stealing cigarillos from the business, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

The group also demanded that the business close its doors for three days each year on the anniversary of Brown’s death, and that they establish a scholarship in his name.

The store was told to cease sales of the sleeping capsule “Dormin,” as well as any other products that people could use to get high, and that they must hire security personnel from a company owned by a black person.

Lastly, the group demanded that the business come up with ways in which they could give back to the community.
“It seemed like everyone in the room was open to working it out,” Ferguson Police Chief Delrish Moss told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “It was a friendly, robust discussion.”

The store agreed to meet all of the protesters’ demands with the exception of the three-day store closure, Kanzler said.
They agreed instead to close the business on the anniversary of Brown’s death, and said they would provide a free barbeque to the community the day prior, he explained.

The store solidified their commitment in a letter to the protest group’s leaders.

In the letter, the store owners said they understood the community perceived that the business “played a role in fostering negative opinions of Michael Brown Jr. post-August 9th,” the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

“The Market understands that this perception has hurt the relationship it has enjoyed with many of its customers for years,” the letter continued. “It is hopeful that the Market can restore those relationships by taking meaningful steps to eliminate this perception.”

Despite the fact that the owners essentially agreed to everything the protesters demanded, the group’s leaders ultimately backed out of the agreement.

Now, the only solution they have deemed to be satisfactory is for the business to be sold to them, Kanzler told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The group has not made any formal offers to purchase the business, he added.
Link

Do they realize what sort of work ethic you have to have to run one of these places in a neighborhood like that?

domelogic

Link

Do they realize what sort of work ethic you have to have to run one of these places in a neighborhood like that?

Have you lost your mind? Giveme giveme giveme or violence. Those are the options. Where do you think they understand work ethic?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Link

No, they have no concept how much work it takes to keep Any business going let alone a narrow margin one. As soon as all of the stock was stolen or given away the place would fold

No, they have no concept how much work it takes to keep Any business going let alone a narrow margin one. As soon as all of the stock was stolen or given away the place would fold
That's why it is Asians tend to run these places... they don't have a prob working 12 hour shifts for 7 days. I wouldn't be suprised if that store isn't a family run one as well and you know they are kicking them selves for opening it up there surrounded by the schvoogs...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
That's why it is Asians tend to run these places... they don't have a prob working 12 hour shifts for 7 days. I wouldn't be suprised if that store isn't a family run one as well and you know they are kicking them selves for opening it up there surrounded by the schvoogs...
There was an Indian gas station down the street from me, there was one old guy that wore a red turban he was there literally all the time, one night when I was all drunked up buying smokes I asked him if he lived there, his answer? Yes.

There was an Indian gas station down the street from me, there was one old guy that wore a red turban he was there literally all the time, one night when I was all drunked up buying smokes I asked him if he lived there, his answer? Yes.
Ya they will do that shit to get a better life for their kids to live here... the umm you knows have no idea what these families go though.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

Link

Store owners agreed to all their demands (some of which could have done so good) to say never mind just give us the store so they can have it out of business in 6mo or less do to employee theft and mismanagement

Oh boy... what's your qualifications... I's make collar straighteners who sling dope and assault de popo... BRILLIANT!!!

Oh memeber:

And man she has a shit tonne of traffic tickets...

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaand:

Michael Brown's mother loses Ferguson City Council race

Lesley McSpadden finished third in a three-way race in Ferguson's 3rd Ward. Unofficial St. Louis County election results show the winner was Fran Griffin. The race also featured Keith Kallstrom, the incumbent.

"I congratulate Fran on her victory. I feel proud of the positive race we ran, and I loved talking to the Ferguson community," McSpadden said late Tuesday night in an emailed statement. "Tomorrow, the work continues and I intend to be a part of it no matter my position. I'm not going anywhere."

Brown, a black 18-year-old, was fatally shot by white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, 2014, touching off months of protests and violence. Wilson claimed he was forced to shoot when the unarmed Brown came at him menacingly after attacking the officer during a street confrontation. A St. Louis County grand jury's November 2014 decision not to indict Wilson sparked renewed unrest in the St. Louis suburb, where two-thirds of the 21,000 residents are black.

"I wanted to go back and do something right in a place that did something so very wrong to my son, and I think that's what my son would want as well," McSpadden, 39, said in an interview with The Associated Press prior to the election. She had pledged to make police accountability one of her top priorities.

McSpadden, who spelled her first name "Lezley" for an autobiography but said she otherwise goes by Lesley, was new at being a candidate but has been at the edge of politics since her son's death. She's been front and center in the national Black Lives Matter movement. She endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in early 2016, at a time when Clinton was fending off a primary challenge from Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

She was among seven "Mothers of the Movement" who appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention in 2016. Those mothers lost children in police shootings, in police custody or from gun violence. Also in 2016, McSpadden testified in favor of a Missouri Senate bill aimed at increasing the use of police body cameras.

In the aftermath of Brown's death, Ferguson's criminal justice system drew heavy criticism for its treatment of poor and minority residents. Police were accused of singling out blacks for unnecessary traffic stops and harassing them on the street. The municipal court was accused of heaping on fines for minor offenses.

While the U.S. Department of Justice also found no grounds to prosecute Wilson, the agency's blistering report on the police and municipal court practices led to a consent agreement requiring reforms that are still being implemented.

McSpadden's campaign drew skepticism from some in Ferguson. LaTasha Brown, president of the Southeast Ferguson Neighborhood Association, said she was concerned that McSpadden mostly campaigned from afar rather than getting in touch with the community.

"The 3rd Ward needs somebody who's going to mingle with the people," Brown said. "You can't make change from a distance. If you don't know what your constituents are going through, if you're not there to hear what they're saying, how can you lead these people and make decisions for these people?"

Griffin did not immediately return a phone call for comment Tuesday night. Both she and Kallstrom have long been active in Ferguson.

Griffin has served on several boards and commissions, including the city's Parks and Recreation Board. Kallstrom was a councilman for 10 years, took seven years off, then won three-year terms in 2013 and 2016.

McSpadden said she moved to Ferguson a year ago from a neighboring community specifically to run for the council.

"I wanted to come back to a place that caused me so much pain and did me so wrong, and to do something right," McSpadden told the AP.
[/quote]

Link

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Happy Anniversary!

Wonder if the fambly is still fighting over Tshirt sales...
"last result" fuckin dolt

Daddy wants a new investigation. Because I guess those three autopsies didn't quite cut it.

https://time.com/5648721/michael-brown-new-investigation/

[St. Louis new prosecutor] would face no restrictions in re-examining Brown’s death for potential murder charges. Wilson was never charged and tried, so there is no double-jeopardy. There is no statute of limitations on filing murder charges.

Daddy wants a new investigation. Because I guess those three autopsies didn't quite cut it.

[St. Louis new prosecutor] would face no restrictions in re-examining Brown’s death for potential murder charges. Wilson was never charged and tried, so there is no double-jeopardy. There is no statute of limitations on filing murder charges.
Nah they want to sell more shirts yo...

Mike Mike's momma lost the election so now I suppose they're needing more recognition again. To bad they can't be content trap house tenders anymore like they were.

His cousin, who was a nearby neighbor at the time this happened, is growing into a smart pretty young lady so far. She's 14 now.
Unfortunately her half brother (21) is into the heroin and his GF overdosed a few months back. Thankfully momma pushed him out of the house to protect her daughter and his new born that he's unable to care for. The dead GF parents are junkies as well.
My wife and I would love to see her move back here again away from STL and the junkie brother. Sad deal as he was one of my sons good friends.

I can but can’t at the same time believe that wagons are still being hitched to this one. This one was THE one where the narrative was categorically proven false (Christ even a few lefty journalists admitted it and you know for that to happen there is no other way to spin it). Almost literally every other case of a police incident where a black person ended up dead would have been a better example where police MIGHT have shared some blame.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator