OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Company changes compensation plan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Nortonsmeatytit, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Nortonsmeatytit

Nortonsmeatytit "That ball is outta here"

The ever greedy douchebags that run the corporation I work with have recently informed me as well as all the sales folks I work with that we're implementing a new compensation plan, "...not to worry thought, you'll make more money with the new plan" Yeah, keep drinkin the fucking Kool Aid
    [​IMG]

It's complete and utter bullshit. I lose about $40,000 in residual commission compensation off the bat, that's about $3,500 less a month!!!!! This was designed to stuff the pockets of senior management with cash so they are basically assured of hitting their 3 month quarterly goals and fuck everyone else.

Anyone else involved in sales been a victim of this theiving bullshit? I'm convinced that large coporations do not give a fuck about retaining very good and skilled sales force anymore. Sales is about relationships with clients who have trust with you to spend in the first place. I'll guess that a good 60% of our sales staff, myself included are gone in 6 months or less.

2. Ren5150

Ren5150 Linger Longerer

I have 15 years in my company. We were informed a year ago via e mail that ALL management employees now do not recieve a pension. Whatever you are worth as of day "X", you get when you leave. Whether its tomorrow or 45 years, you get what you are woorth. For 15 years, I am worth like $80K.

Thanks so very fucking much.

401K deal aint bad though.

Retiring just aint in the cards unless I hit the lotto.

3. duGandfriends

duGandfriends New (old) Wackbagger

Very common among mortgage brokers.

4. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

HA! try working till you die, thats what happens in my business

5. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

It could be worse. At least you're not wearing a paper hat, and asking people if they want fries or an apple pie. I remind myself of that every once in a while.

6. augiep38

augiep38 Registered User

Sales people are the worst. I have worked for software comapnaies in finance for 12 years. The comp plan changes annually depending on compay goals and how the sales cycle changes throughout the year.

Sales people bitch and moan about the most petty of things. They have no set hours, they get comped if they make a sale plus base, most of them are fucking the company over by working for 2 places at the same time, once they work through their contacts they leave because they aren't good enough to develope new relationships, etc. I hate sales people - they act like they have some great marketable skill when in fact all they are is some lump of shit that happened to have sold something to an acquantance as if anyone couldn't do it.

Edited to add that most companies have a lead gen budget so the sales guy doesn't even develop his own leads!

7. Fr. Dougal

Fr. Dougal Registered User

Nortonsmeatytit is a wackbagger, so I'm sure he's not a bad guy. And losing $40,000 isn't really a petty thing to bitch about.

It's a lot of money.
    (Could be more than that, gentlemen...)

8. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

whats ironic is i know 3 people that started doing just that and are now upper end muckety mucks at the corporate level with there respective fast food company's, i think its quite funny to go from chicken man to the man......

i worked at a shop that changed the way we were paid 3 times in the 9months that i worked there, in the end it was one of the reasons that i quit, they would juggle the numbers constantly to figure out the best way to fuck the help. what really sucked it the second change in the system was actually the best we were given a base salary per hour just to show up, then were offered incentive bonuses for the more work that we produced, and how much we saved on materials from the previous month. what happened was we were making too much money for there liking, so they started to hold back the bonuses, at first it was every two weeks. then every month, then it went quarterly, then they just disappeared, because the math was too hard for them to figure it out. i finaly had it when they decided to go back to the two week deal, now this is how it was explained to us, try to figure it out.
    in my buissness you are paid for what you do, so every job is broken down into 0.00 hours of time
    ie: put a fender on a car pays: (this is an over simplfied example)
    2.0 hrs to put the fender on
    2.5 hrs to paint the fender inside and out
    1.0 hrs to blend the color into the door
    total of job: 5.5 hrs total of those 5.5 hrs as a painter i was supposed to receive 3.5hrs at my rate (this is determined when you are hired, now i make 22$ per billed hour) so if i do the job i get paid 77$ for that job. no matter how long it takes. its a great deal if your good and fast sucks if your a slouch.
    were i was working decided that the felt the need to modify this system, buy breaking the shop up into teams, 4 teams, three body shop, one paint. so as painters we were supposed to be getting paid all the paint time for the jobs, there were 3 of us one "painter" and two helpers, basically the helpers do 99% of the work and the painter just sprays paint and complains. in the end even though all the body men kept getting paid they decided that for some reason the paint shop wasnt working hard enough so they decided to tell us one week that we did not make our "quota" and didnt pay me and the other "helper" i ended up quitting two weeks later after getting screamed at for not sweeping the floor (now i didnt get paid the week before because is wasnt working hard enough, and in the past had been told to not sweep the floor) this is also the job that i had drinking issues with (along with most of the other guys that i worked with)

9. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Rule number one:

Never trust management.

They are all fuck bags of donkey cum. They will sell out anyone to make themselves look better.

Greedy ass shit heads will fly around in their private planes to their ranch while those of us who work for a living are wondering why they decided not to provide dental insurance this year!

Fuck em' in the lips.

10. Beeman99

Beeman99 Registered User

try being a farmer.

3 years ago honey was at $2.50/lb, it was great, money was pouring in.

the last 2 years honey has been around $0.75/lb, which sucks balls. The worst part is even then no one is really buying thanks to cheap fucking imports from China, etc.

thankfully I have more than just the bees, I also supply equipment to other beekeepers across canada during the year, more for something to do in the winter.

11. jackjack

jackjack Registered User

That technique has been used for years in the warehouse business. Friends of mine were warehouse pickers in a giant food distribution company, they would be assigned to teams and be paid bonuses based on the total number of pallets picked by all team members. That way people were motivated not only by the bonuses, but by not getting their ass kicked in the parking lot after work.

Hard to believe a body shop picked up on that, they must be so proud of themselves.

12. B54

B54 Ω

Marry a fellow co-worker that is a man and then when the State inquires if you are a real gay couple, avoid the girl that handles your case at all costs, you don't want to blow your cover.

13. TheJew

TheJew Oy Vey!

i think you can make a really funny movie about that

14. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Ok, that really made me chuckle. For a soon-to-be college drop out, that was pretty funny. Credit where credit is due.

15. B54

B54 Ω

Heeeeeeyyyy ... :icon_mrgr

16. bethm1b

bethm1b person of interest

Yeah, people complain about cheap imports and go on about supporting local businesses. But when it come down to it, people are full of shit.

17. Nortonsmeatytit

I've been w/the company 7 years and have very long & deep relationships w/my customer base. We have no "Lead Generation" budget" it's all cold calling and run from there.

Hey if they want to be stuck with a bunch of 24 yr old weak stick sales people with no relationships whatsoever when the dust settles from this, so be it.

I have portable wealth, the long term relationships with my customers. I'll take it to another company and exploit the shit out of it.

What do finance people have? Oh, that's right, just a friggin desktop computer and a cubicle with shit posted on the walls of it.:haha7:

18. HummerTuesdays

HummerTuesdays Another girrrrl!!!

At my last job they didn't change the compensation plan, they just tried to promote people to "team lead" even when there was no one to lead. You then became "management" and they no longer had to pay over time. Everyone said you lost out on pay the first year, but after that it got better. It was utter bullshit.

19. Nortonsmeatytit

Yeah, I love the whole "Team Lead" comcept bullshit. My place the management spits out the whole "Leadership Role" mantra basically so that management can shove off responsibilities they should be accountable for to some poor (usually new hire) schlep. 'We need someone to take on a leadership role" Get the fuck out of here, you're justing looking for someone to take on the bullshit tasks management is responsible for with no additional compensation, as if I have enough time in my 12 hr day to even contemplate taking on more corporate bullshit with no additional compensation for it.