Complain about Roker to the Epilepsy Foundation

Here is the contact info, with the NY chapter being in particular interest. I'm hoping there is some hosted audio we can link in the messages to them. Simply inform them about Roker's comments and how he falsely portrays the millions of epileptics as disabled and comical during a misguided view of what a seizure looks like.

Epilepsy Foundation Contact info:

http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/

Advocacy:
http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/advocacy/

Affiliates:
http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/aboutus/ar2005/affiliates.cfm

Epilepsy Institute for NYC, where Roker is located:

Epilepsy Institute
257 Park Avenue, Suite 302
New York, NY 10010-7304
(212) 677-8550

http://www.epilepsyinstitute.org/

http://www.epilepsyinstitute.org/contact/index.htm

Frogacuda

Don't be the same as those faggot shits that got Imus thrown off the air pretending to be offended. This is ridiculous.

YES, Roker is a hypocrite, but NO I don't support adding fuel to the fire of these PC self-righteous shits that can't take an obvious joke.

Do I even have to give my two cents on this? You are giving power to your own opponents by doing this.

I am all for calling Roker out on being a Hypocrite, but to fuel this type of crap-- wow.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Do I even have to give my two cents on this? You are giving power to your own opponents by doing this.

I am all for calling Roker out on being a Hypocrite, but to fuel this type of crap-- wow.
I agree. Calling for Roker's job only empowers the position of those who wish to do it to other entertainment/news/talk outlets in the future. It gives more credibility to the people that would try to get O&A removed from the air. Calling for Roker's head would only propagate the precedent that we are trying to change.

At first glance it may seem counter-intuitive but if we can get Al fired perhaps it will alert the rest of the media to the fact that in a climate like this that they perpetuate no one is safe. That may help open eyes and bring change where it counts when people like Al Roker begin to fall victim to the witch hunt.

At first glance it may seem counter-intuitive but if we can get Al fired perhaps it will alert the rest of the media to the fact that in a climate like this that they perpetuate no one is safe. That may help open eyes and bring change where it counts when people like Al Roker begin to fall victim to the witch hunt.
I agree that if it happened, that effect could help the cause. But you cant be the force that brought it about. You can't be the hunters, and then complain about the hunt.

I agree that if it happened, that effect could help the cause. But you cant be the force that brought it about. You can't be the hunters, and then complain about the hunt.
If it is done with the intent I mentioned above then I don't see the hypocrisy. The ends justify the means here IMO.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
I don't think anyone cares enough about Al Roker to spark a change in the media's outlook of the situation. If it was a legitimate journalist I could it having an impact and put the media oin the defensive against it happening to them. I don't see it happening over a weatherman with a zipper on his stomach.

If it is done with the intent I mentioned above then I don't see the hypocrisy. The ends justify the means here IMO.
I am with PBF on this one. There is a short-sighted approach and this would be the long-sighted one. While I applaud HTG's work, I will say not 100% of everything she decides on is going to be 100% correct, 100% of the time. This is one of those instances and I believe she's only looking at a short-sighted approach. We can satisfy ourselves by getting O and A back for now, in any form we can, but at the same time, we claim to be fighting not only for O and A, but free speech in general. Sometimes to take several steps forward, one must change the situation on the other side first and put ourselves in stasis or a seemingly static position. This could be one of those actions which could spark troublemakers like Roker to shut his fat face.

What we're not getting sight of here is Roker does have some clout and more since NBC buckled to his complaints about Imus. Putting him in a precarious position is not only right, but the action would shut his ass up, once and for all.

It's not about the level or Roker's stardom, but about his position and views. He's only symbolic.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
I just want Roker to explain why he should be treated differently than Imus. I just want him to say why his apology is good but Imus isn't. I want to know how an Olympic logo can flop around on the floor like a fish. I mean that was the joke wasn't it. Flopping and voting. I don't think logos can vote.

I just want Roker to explain why he should be treated differently than Imus. I just want him to say why his apology is good but Imus isn't. I want to know how an Olympic logo can flop around on the floor like a fish. I mean that was the joke wasn't it. Flopping and voting. I don't think logos can vote.

I don't want him fired, I just want him to sweat a lot and get publicly called out. And I want the hypocrisy mentioned by the mainstream media.

Prominent disease - can't joke about it, lesser thought of disease like epilepsy - can joke about it. Large minority group like blacks - can't joke about them, small minority group like natives - can joke about them.

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
This is terrible...not Al Roker..hes my favorite weather negra...PAC to to the RESCUE!!!

Southtown

In my opinion if he should get fired because by his own standards he wrote in his blog,he should be. Maybe he should go back and edit his blog to what he really meant, making fun of black people isnt funny because making fun of epilepsy seems to be ok. He wrote all that shit about how cant say your a nice guy and you messed up,cant say it was in a comedy context,was huge in getting Imus fired. But now that his fat ass fucked up and is in the fryer he should get a pass that Imus wasnt allowed. Fuck him.

2 FarGuy

Al Roker, happytypinggirl, Al Sharpton and Twitchels
locked in a room alone. Who is the first one to beg out?

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS

I don't want him fired, I just want him to sweat a lot and get publicly called out. And I want the hypocrisy mentioned by the mainstream media.

Prominent disease - can't joke about it, lesser thought of disease like epilepsy - can joke about it. Large minority group like blacks - can't joke about them, small minority group like natives - can joke about them.
both of these are great posts.

As someone who has/had epilepsy I wasn't offended in the least, but this fucker shouldn't get a pass.

Do I think he should be fired, no but i didnt think Imus should have been fired.
Roker should be shown as the hypocrite that he is

pooicide

this is not what our focuses need to be on...we need to be focused on changing public opinion on petty PC bullshit

Boz

Miss the Old XM Dearly
Al Roker, happytypinggirl, Al Sharpton and Twitchels
locked in a room alone. Who is the first one to beg out?
To song...One of these things is not like the others, not like the others.

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
I don't want Al to go bye bye, I want that sparkling wiggle to go on an apology tour and apologize for a week straight.

He will likely not be fired by the foundation complaining, but he will be made accountable for his words. No free pass on his hypocrisy.

augiep38

I want that fat negroe fired because I am sick and tired of the double standards involving coloreds and women. You can make all the disparaging remarks you want against white males, but holy mother of jesus don't touch women or coloreds.

The funny thing in my mind is that these rules support Hitler's master race theory. They have to because the whites can take anything but those poor coloreds and women are such a bunch of pansies that they need extra protection.

Let fat Al swing!

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
glenn beck is talking about this right now, he's saying the same thing as the boys did :)

D

Danny Gaping

The problem with trying to get Al Fired is that the people that you are trying to get to pay attention are the type of folks that do not get irony or sarcasm. They will simply think that you are one of the mindless masses that is lining up behind them. Kind of like the ignorant biggot that assumes because you make a racial joke that you are in total agreement with him.