Conan Reboot

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Saw there was no thread for this and it's coming out this week, it could be shit it could be decent. Marcus Nispell Directing it, so it could be either or. [video=youtube;VXniszN2SWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXniszN2SWQ[/video] [video=youtube;afKRndn5FKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afKRndn5FKk[/video] Only thing going for this so far is it looks closer to the stories than the Arnold films.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I pray to crumb that it will be good, but if you don't answer my prayers then to hell with you!

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I feel so stupid that I just have to admit it, I went to look at Richter's IMDb page to see who he played in the original.

Then I was all "ahhhhhhh shieeeeet."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Rachel Nichols is purdy.

Dec 12, 2007
Long as they don't push the badass girl angle to much it might be an alright action flick. In the words of Nick DiPaolo "If I have to see another 90 pound blonde kickboxing 8 navy seals to death I'm gonna fucking shoot somebody". This is the time of **** and pillage so selling me on a woman who fights alongside a "barbarian" would take some very good writing which I doubt this movie has.

None the less I like Ron Pearlman so I would give it a shot.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Long as they don't push the badass girl angle to much it might be an alright action flick. In the words of Nick DiPaolo "If I have to see another 90 pound blonde kickboxing 8 navy seals to death I'm gonna fucking shoot somebody". This is the time of **** and pillage so selling me on a woman who fights alongside a "barbarian" would take some very good writing which I doubt this movie has.

Wasn't Red Sonja an ass-kicking chick?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY

But there was pretty much a bad ass girl in the original movie. Hell Grace Jones was in the second one.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
But there was pretty much a bad ass girl in the original movie. Hell Grace Jones was in the second one.
Right. And Brigitte Nielsen was Red Sonja in a Conan the Barbarian movie (it's being rebooted with Rose McGowan).

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Though let's be fair, Conan-era Grace Jones could probably take guys in a fight. I can't say the same about Rachel Nichols. And that Rose McGowen Red Sonja reboot has been discussed for too long to be viable.

Dec 12, 2007
Wasn't Red Sonja an ass-kicking chick?
Right. And Brigitte Nielsen was Red Sonja in a Conan the Barbarian movie (it's being rebooted with Rose McGowan).
Havn't seen the original Conan in a long while but wasn't the badass woman like a amazon looking girl? I have no problem with a giant mean looking women swinging a huge sword with her giant clit but the whole super model who kicks ass bugs me. It just looks silly and takes me out of the whole movie. The new conan looks to much like a pretty boy as well, arnold atleast has that fucking caveman giant eye brow ridge face of his.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Havn't seen the original Conan in a long while but wasn't the badass woman like a amazon looking girl? I have no problem with a giant mean looking women swinging a huge sword with her giant clit but the whole super model who kicks ass bugs me. It just looks silly and takes me out of the whole movie. The new conan looks to much like a pretty boy as well, arnold atleast has that fucking caveman giant eye brow ridge face of his.
From what I remember, the chick in Conan was a decent looking blond and may have been a little shorter than Arnold.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I thought the title said Conan Robot.

Dec 12, 2007
From what I remember, the chick in Conan was a decent looking blond and may have been a little shorter than Arnold.
Just looked it up, the amazon woman I was thinking of was called Zula and she was from part 2. She looks like she would rip your dick off and make stew with it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis

Looks like just another hot chick to me.

Dec 12, 2007
Looks like just another hot chick to me.
She's hot but she has a sterness (HOO HOO) to her face. Maybe its because shes a bit older but she doesn't look like the giant eyed damsel in distress like the new girl.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The chick from the original Conan the Barbarian was played by Sandahl Bergman. She also in Red Sonia.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
This looks like shit. Next they will fuck up Beastmaster too!