Concealed gun owner shoots own buttocks and wounds children at Dallas Walmart

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Concealed gun owner shoots own buttocks and wounds children at Dallas Walmart

By David Edwards
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 15:31 EDT

A licensed concealed handgun owner from Waco, Texas hurt more than his pride on Monday when his weapon accidentally discharged while he was reaching for his wallet at a Dallas Walmart store.

Police said that Todd Canady, 23, was in the checkout line when he fired the pistol he was carrying inside his pants.

“The bullet struck Canady in the buttock, then ricochet on the floor and broke into pieces,” KDFW reported. Two children and a woman were also wounded when they were struck by bullet fragments.

Other reports indicated that the bullet grazed Canady’s leg he when dropped the Springfield .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol. Shards of concrete from the floor were said to have caused the wounds to the woman and children.

Although injured, the suspect allegedly ran from the store when he was confronted by an off-duty officer.

After catching up with Canady, officers determined that he had a valid concealed carry permit, but charged with evading arrest. He may also be charged with felony injury to a child.

Canady was being held on $1,000 bond.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/...ttocks-and-wounds-children-at-dallas-walmart/
Say goodbye to that CCW dumbass...

GTR?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh spring for a holster cheep spook

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Am I the only one surprised he not only sprung for a CCW, but that the weapon was legal and he passed the background check?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Am I the only one surprised he not only sprung for a CCW, but that the weapon was legal and he passed the background check?
All racism aside - I would like to see more law abiding black citizens carrying CCW. I support it 100%. Half the gun crimes in most cities are black on black. I would hope that more black people take the steps to get trained, get a permit and watch their neighborhood with a weary eye and a ready hand. This guy....just sent back the movement.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
All racism aside - I would like to see more law abiding black citizens carrying CCW. I support it 100%. Half the gun crimes in most cities are black on black. I would hope that more black people take the steps to get trained, get a permit and watch their neighborhood with a weary eye and a ready hand. This guy....just sent back the movement.
Yeah, this guy had the right idea. He just couldn't help being a dumb fuck.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
“The bullet struck Canady in the buttock, then ricochet on the floor and broke into pieces,” KDFW reported. Two children and a woman were also wounded when they were struck by bullet fragments.

Other reports indicated that the bullet grazed Canady’s leg he when dropped the Springfield .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol. Shards of concrete from the floor were said to have caused the wounds to the woman and children.
First case has the pistol firing downwards into his black ass and concrete. Second case has pistol firing upwards into his black ass with no concrete strike. Maybe the slide shattered concrete. I doubt it. I'll vote for first case.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
He had it in his baggy back pocket. And pulled the trigger just like every other stupid ****** yes im a poet and I know it ;)

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Plaxico Burres approves.

Assholes: buy a holster. Jesus fuck.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I had this pegged as being a white guy just because he had a valid CCW. Fuck me was I ever wrong.
It is really sad when I hear "conceal carry holder" and the first thing that pops into my head is a white male who probably leans to the right.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I am in favor of very few expansions of CCW law, but requiring an approved holster would be ok in my book. Or even writing tickets to people not carrying properly, CCW or open.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Who's going to "approve" a holster?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Eh, if you're carrying, you are responsible for every round discharged. If you don't want to wear a holster, that is on you.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Who's going to "approve" a holster?
The holster makers can decide upon a standard and stick to it. Not hard. Hell, it's not hard to spot a holster that doesn't work. They're shaped like sweatpant waistbands and jacket pockets.

The emphasis shouldn't be punishing people for having weapons, but punishing them when the weapons are used wrong.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Really wish they would mention the make/model of the pistol... I'm guessing a Glock or some sort of striker fired pistol.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
The holster makers can decide upon a standard and stick to it. Not hard..
There are hundreds of different designs for holsters. Many of them are custom made for an individual AND the gun they are carrying. I know you're probably not suggesting it, but there is no one holster for all CCW design. There really is no way that I can think of to come up with a so called industry standard aside from making sure the trigger and trigger guard are covered. But of course someone will decide that they don't want the guard and have it modified and removed. What it will come down to is the way a person wants to carry, and the type of gun they are carrying.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The holster makers can decide upon a standard and stick to it.
You know what a bloody nightmare that would be? The holster industry is fine, leave it alone.

Really wish they would mention the make/model of the pistol... I'm guessing a Glock or some sort of striker fired pistol.
I've seen it reported as a Springfield.

He fingered the trigger, didn't drop it.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Why does Don want to regulate small businesses into oblivion?????

I prefer the duct tape CCW holster.