Congratulations Jimmy - NY Times Best Seller List!

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Nice work...Have there been any rough sales numbers given at this point?

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I just may need to go to bed early so I can get up before 6am to listen to my new favorite NY Times Bestselling author.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Jimmy's down to #11 on the Times Best Seller List

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/05/books/bestseller/0805besthardnonfiction.html?8bu&emc=bu

August 5, 2007
Hardcover Nonfiction

1 QUIET STRENGTH, by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker. (Tyndale, $26.99.) A memoir by the first black coach to win a Super Bowl (he did it this year, with the Indianapolis Colts).
2 LONE SURVIVOR, by Marcus Luttrell with Patrick Robinson. (Little, Brown, $24.99.) The only survivor of a Navy Seal operation in northern Afghanistan describes the battle, his comrades and his courageous escape.
3 GOD IS NOT GREAT, by Christopher Hitchens. (Twelve, $24.99.) Religion as a malignant force in the world. First Chapter
4 THE DIANA CHRONICLES, by Tina Brown. (Doubleday, $27.50.) The Princess of Wales’s romance with the media.
5 A LONG WAY GONE, by Ishmael Beah. (Sarah Crichton/Farrar, Straus & Giroux, $22.) A former child soldier from Sierra Leone describes his drug-crazed killing spree and his return to humanity.
6 THE ASSAULT ON REASON, by Al Gore. (Penguin Press, $25.95.) How the Bush administration has degraded the political environment.
7 THE WORLD WITHOUT US, by Alan Weisman. (Thomas Dunne/St. Martin’s, $24.95.) Drawing on science, art, religion and more, Weisman imagines what Earth would be like if humans disappeared.
8 THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS, by Robert D. Novak. (Crown Forum, $29.95.) Reflections on 50 years as a Washington journalist.
9 LEGACY OF ASHES, by Tim Weiner. (Doubleday, $27.95.) A history of the C.I.A. by a New York Times reporter, focusing on the agency’s failures and delusions of grandeur.
10 EINSTEIN, by Walter Isaacson. (Simon & Schuster, $32.) A biography based on newly released personal letters.
11 HAPPY ENDINGS, by Jim Norton. (Simon Spotlight, $23.95.) Raunchy personal essays from the radio personality and stand-up comic.
12 * OUTRAGE, by Dick Morris and Eileen McGann. (HC/HarperCollins, $26.95.) An attack on illegal immigration, United Nations profiteers, lazy congressmen and high drug prices.
13 ANIMAL, VEGETABLE, MIRACLE, by Barbara Kingsolver with Steven L. Hopp and Camille Kingsolver. (HarperCollins, $26.95.) The novelist and her family spend a year eating homegrown or local food.
14 THE BLACK SWAN, by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. (Random House, $26.95.) The role of the unexpected. First Chapter
15 MERLE’S DOOR, by Ted Kerasote. (Harcourt, $25.) Lessons from a freethinking dog: a nature writer’s tribute to the quirky Labrador mutt he adopted.
16 * SHADOW OF THE SILK ROAD, by Colin Thubron. (HarperCollins, $25.95.) A 7,000-mile journey across Asia.
Also Selling
17 THE REAGAN DIARIES, by Ronald Reagan, Edited by Douglas Brinkley (HarperCollins) First Chapter
18 SIN IN THE SECOND CITY, by Karen Abbott (Random House)
19 FREAKONOMICS, by Stephen D. Levitt and J. Dubner (Morrow) First Chapter
20 PLATO AND A PLATYPUS WALK INTO A BAR, by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein (Abrams Image)
21 BREAKING BACK, by James Blake with Andrew Friedman (Harper)
22 I FEEL BAD ABOUT MY NECK, by Nora Ephron (Knopf) First Chapter
23 INFIDEL, by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (Free Press)
24 WHERE HAVE ALL THE LEADERS GONE?, by Lee Iacocca (Scribner)
25 THE DEEP, by Claire Nouvian (University Of Chicago)
26 JESUS OF NAZARETH, by Benedict XVI (Doubleday)
27 MARLEY & ME, by John Grogan (Morrow)
28 GOOD TO GREAT, by Jim Collins (HarperBusiness)
29 THE GOD DELUSION, by Richard Dawkins (Houghton Mifflin)
30 I GOT YOUR BACK, by Eddie Levert Sr. & Gerald Levert, with Lyah Beth Leflore (Harlem Moon/Broadway)
31 THE AUDACITY OF HOPE, by Barack Obama (Crown)
32 PRESIDENTIAL COURAGE, by Michael Beschloss (Simon&Schuster) First Chapter
33 SAVE ME FROM MYSELF, by Brian Welch (HarperOne)
34 A WOMAN IN CHARGE, by Carl Bernstein (Knopf) First Chapter
35 FORGOTTEN MAN, by Amity Shlaes (HarperCollins)

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
Well I bought my 2 books last night at Barnes and Noble"s" and they were still proudly displayed at the first display when you walk in. Interestingly enough, his book stack on the display was the lowest, meaning peeps were snatching it up last night.
Hell of a job there Jimmy, you made the list!

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
Well I bought my 2 books last night at Barnes and Noble"s" and they were still proudly displayed at the first display when you walk in. Interestingly enough, his book stack on the display was the lowest, meaning peeps were snatching it up last night.
Hell of a job there Jimmy, you made the list!
If you are talking about the signing at Carle Place, they set up that table in the front for the signing. Still, a ton of people bought the book at the signing. That store should be really happy with the turnout and the number of books they sold.

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
No siiiir, I am talking about the B&N's in Paramus NJ. No signing what so ever! Just lots of Jimmy right up front for every book nerd to peruse.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
If you are talking about the signing at Carle Place, they set up that table in the front for the signing. Still, a ton of people bought the book at the signing. That store should be really happy with the turnout and the number of books they sold.
Turnout was amazing - people were lined up around the entire upstairs. B&N has had book signings before but I don't think they've ever had a turn out like that

:clap::clap:

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I've recently learned that hasn't yet purchased Jimmy's book.

His email is . Everyone spam him and teach him a lesson.

*snif* I miss the good old days. *snif*{name}

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
No siiiir, I am talking about the B&N's in Paramus NJ. No signing what so ever! Just lots of Jimmy right up front for every book nerd to peruse.
that's awesome to hear.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Seems to be going down on the list... but that's normal I think. Had a great run with it! I have to admit that I didn't expect this at all.

We're all happy for ya Jimmy

disgustip8ed

Jun 20, 2001
CT
This may very well be the final sign of the impending apocolypse.

Right now Al Gore is saying "who the fuck is Jim Norton???"

Al Gore indeed.
I love the fact that Jimmy's book is #4 on a very prestigious list. non-fiction hardcover is a pretty big category with a lot of mainstream authors.

so congrats Jimmy
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Al Gore indeed.
I love the fact that Jimmy's book is #4 on a very prestigious list. non-fiction hardcover is a pretty big category with a lot of mainstream authors.

so congrats Jimmy
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think getting to #4 is awesome, especially his first week out ....he's down to #11 this week (second week on the list)....would love to see him get back into the Top 10 .... too bad audiobooks don't count towards the hard cover non-fiction book sales.

Der Floogle

ChickenFucker Extraordinaire
Oct 4, 2004
Chicago
I may have to learn how to read so I can enjoy his non-audio book version.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
For someone like Jimmy to put a book out, and it hits #4 on the NY Times Best Sellers list in its first week, is a great accomplishment. His career has come a long way, and I am so happy to see a talented comic like Jimmy doing so well!

Congrats Jimmy!

C

chi/townO&A fan

I did my part aswell bought it at borders bookstore when he came to chicago for the book signing

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
I did my part: Book and Audio book from Amazon, book from the MA Virus Tour (signed by Jimmy) and 3 books from the Signing at Carle Place (1 for a coworker, 2 for me - Since Ant was signing them too I figure I'd get a spare as a future gift to someone undetermined once I get Opie to sign it too). Had to get my Boss one, He'll never have a chnace to see anyone from the show and I lucked out and just happened to have had a last minute schedule change that took me out of Maryland and in NYC the day of the signing.

So all together is 5 books and 1 audio book. I'll read the book from Amazon, the others will be in a safe place until I can get Opie to sign the two Ant signed.