Connecting a Denon AVR-1905 to the 21st Century

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Hi savages,

I have a Denon AVR-1905 which I'd like to be able to play mp3's and such through... being able to do so via my iPhone would be fantastic-- what's out there?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I just did this exact thing with my Denon. I purchased a Google Audio adapter on Black Friday for $15 along with a female mini headphone jack to rca adapter cable. Works awesome.

Note: need WiFi.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_audio

AmazonBasics 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Cable - 8 Feet

Mommadeez4u

That's fucking awesome, thanks so much.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Yep, just get an rca to 4mm stereo jack then pick an empty av input, I use a similar one and I have a dennon 2802

Mommadeez4u

ok so the Chrome Audio dongle goes into the back of my receiver, and the cable goes from the reciever into my phone? I have a lightning jack on the phone (iPhone 8), or am I missing something?

edit: I guess I use the stupid 'lighting jack-to-normal-ass-jack' converter cable

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
ok so the Chrome Audio dongle goes into the back of my receiver, and the cable goes from the reciever into my phone? I have a lightning jack on the phone (iPhone 8), or am I missing something?

edit: I guess I use the stupid 'lighting jack-to-normal-ass-jack' converter cable
You can wirelessly cast to the Chromecast audio if you have wifi. Nothing needs to be connected to the phone.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Cheapo powered BT to headphone adapter plugged into any available audio input. Problem solved.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Cheapo powered BT to headphone adapter plugged into any available audio input. Problem solved.
I had trouble with that, but it could be because I was using the wrong adapter, when I was doing it the Bluetooth was “out” only

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I have a Jabra BT "dogtag" headset; used to use it on the bike to output my phone audio to the stereo via the aux port on the stereo before I replaced the stereo with one with BT built in; should work the same on a home stereo system, no? Sounds like it should.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Something like this would likely work too, with an adapter from 3.5 mm to Left/Right RCA cables.