OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Contra 4: The Game That Kicks You In Your Balls and Laughs - No Subtitle Edition

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by thrawn42, Nov 18, 2007.

1. thrawn42

thrawn42 Hackmaster Jones Sr.

Does anyone have Contra 4 for the DS yet?

I just bought it yesterday and have spent about 4 hours getting my ass handed to me on "normal" mode.

The game takes classic Contra and then puts it on two screens and gives you a few new moves. This really takes the series back to when it was hardcore. (It's got cooperative play to boot if you know someone else who owns it.)

There's tons of bonus content to be unlocked as well; from the series history, comics, dev interviews and there's even a Challenge mode where you have to get past parts of levels without shooting. Best of all it features Contra 1 and Super C as unlockables...though I haven't actually gotten there yet.

I'll let you know when I get past Level 3.

Be warned. This is definitely not one for those who rely on quicksave to survive. If you die you start over at the beginning of the level or the last checkpoint. If you lose all your continues then fuck you. Start back at Level 1.

The Konami code works on the pause screen...if you're a pussy. :action-sm

2. 25133WhooOoAH

25133WhooOoAH I hATe yoU

All these games are Impossible. I love em

3. Deadbent

Deadbent You can go fuck.

I'll gank someones ds for a few days to play this.

4. jsc315

jsc315 AnalCunt

I could never beat contra. any of them, Ever! I always had to use damn cheat codes just to beat the damn game.

5. KakTheInfected

KakTheInfected Registered User

I haven't had much time with it but so far I can only make it to the end of stage 2. They need to bring back this difficulty for all games.