Converting Napster songs to itunes

Lukin

Thats Terrific!!!
Jan 27, 2005
South Jersey
Any of you know how to convert napster songs so they can be put into itunes? I know theres a way but i'm an idiot and don't know how. Please help!

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Burn them to a disk in Napster and rip that disk into Itunes. Takes a couple disks if you have alot of songs. This is the only way I know of. I just had to do the exact opposite.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Any of you know how to convert napster songs so they can be put into itunes? I know theres a way but i'm an idiot and don't know how. Please help!
Well your Napster songs are most likely going to be MP3s (I assume because I haven't fucked with Napster since about 1999/2000).

You will need to convert those MP3s into Apple AIFF (.aif) files since that's their music format.

One time I had to change some voice over for a friend that was using Apple software and it wasn't wanting to recognize the MP3 file for some odd reason.

But Apple's music compression format is the AIFF.

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
Apple uses all kinds of audio formats; AIFF is going to give him needlessly huge files. I believe you're thinking of AAC.

Lukin

Thats Terrific!!!
Jan 27, 2005
South Jersey
The napster shit isn't from the free napster days. When I got my inno it interfaces with napster and I grabbed a bunch of songs that I think are copy protected so when I tried to put them in itunes it wouldn't allow it. I think there wma files.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Napster uses Microsoft Windows Media DRM, so you have to pay extra in order to convert them to AIFF files. You have to pay $1 per track from Napster and then burn them to CDs. Alot of people (Norton included) thought that you could dl from Napster's subscription service and then just copy them to your ipod… you can't do that!:)

Lukin

Thats Terrific!!!
Jan 27, 2005
South Jersey
Napster uses Microsoft Windows Media DRM, so you have to pay extra in order to convert them to AIFF files. You have to pay $1 per track from Napster and then burn them to CDs. Alot of people (Norton included) thought that you could dl from Napster's subscription service and then just copy them to your ipod… you can't do that!:)
I remember that discussion on the show thats why I thought there was some way to do it on the desktop. I was told by someone that there is a way to remove the drm but I have no clue how to do that. Napster allowed me to dl those songs for free, thats why i'd rather figure this out than have to pay for them.