Cooking with Cannabis

Poon Slayer

Reissued Regret
Dec 11, 2009
Chattanoogy
Anybody ever do this? I'm interested in baking something, but I live in an apartment complex and don't need to spread the smell everywhere.

I had a "space cake" when I was in high school but not since.

Anything on the subject really will do...

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Anybody ever do this? I'm interested in baking something, but I live in an apartment complex and don't need to spread the smell everywhere.

I had a "space cake" when I was in high school but not since.

Anything on the subject really will do...
There's a reason you haven't had it since high school.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This isn't a Shooter thread?! Also, crockpot and vegetable oil/butter.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I extract into vegetable oil, but the smell is ungodly. It doesn't quite smell like pot, but there's definitely a smell, and it's a low cook for like, 30-45 minutes. The brownies turn out delightful, however.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Best way I found to do it was to use butter as the fat, which you need to extract the THC into. Use sticks of butter and add plenty of water to a pot about a cup or 2 per stick depending on how much you do. The water will help you hold the fat in the butter to about the right temp to extract the THC. You want to have enough water during the cooking so you dont cook it all off, you will want a good bit of water when done straining out the material that is left over after cooking.

With the butter and water going proceed to skim off the milk solids that are in butter, look into clarified butter as that is one of the steps, ignore the parts about getting rid of water. With the white solids gone add the weed/stems/leaves and let cook at a low boil for 45-90 mins and add water if too much evaporates.

Strain off all the material through a cheese cloth, use some tongs as the mass will be very hot. Dont let cool too much as it will solidify and not strain. Strain into a large round bowl let cool a bit and put it in the fridge. Keep in fridge long enough so that the clarified butter has solidified and all of the water will be at the bottom of the bowl.

This method gives you unlimited ways to put into food like spread on toast and eat. Keep in mind that you have more of an oil than butter so baking recipes will have to be adjusted.

If you have never ingested weed before this would be a good time to figure out how strong of a batch you just made as ingesting can be VERY powerful. Even regular smokers can end up too stoned for their liking, not to mention the high is WAY more prolonged and builds very slowly since it takes 20-30 mins to feel effect so watch out for eating more thinking you are not feeling anything.

You will have to look up the weed to butter ratios to use as I have not done this in a while, but you should be able to scale it with this method. Having too much butter is not too much of a problem it would just increase the serving size.