Cooking with Frau FEZMAN

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
I bought an Instapot last year on Amazon Prime day for $60. It sat in the box for months. Then my family was thrown through a loop and I can no longer cook meals that take a long time I have used that pressure cooker for chili, soups, stews, chicken & roasts. 40 minutes and and additional 10 with some taters and veg and I get the absolute best roast I can hope for. I made one this week with Eye Round and in was fork tender.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
It was the quality of ribs while I usually love gelatinous glop the were a little too gloopy

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
This has now become the official Instant-Pot(tm) recipe and chicanery thread. I have decreed it so.

Lagolhu ackbar.

Shhhh... Alexa is listening... always listening.

A mega-healthy(yuck!) one to start us off. Ya eat this stew, and you'll live forever, and you won't need to have cancerous tumors burned off your face and peckah every other week.

Note- I used chicken stock instead of water.

Creasy Bear

Donator
The stew turned out lovely. For something that's extremely healthy, it's actually really good. I usually have a hard time getting kale down, but all the bitterness cooked out of the kale, and its texture is nice... like cooked spinach. All the veggies, and the black-eyed peas, cooked perfectly in 30 minutes under pressure.

That recipe is a keeper... for now.

I usually have a hard time getting kale down, but no problem whatsoever getting it out. Goes through my gutttyworks like a bobsled. We shall see if a disaster lurks. I must be on guard and trust no farts for the next day or so.

THE FEZ MAN

The article insta pot is looking better and better, I just have to convince my wife to let me buy one, she’s not a fan of my addiction to buying stuff

The stew turned out lovely. For something that's extremely healthy, it's actually really good. I usually have a hard time getting kale down, but all the bitterness cooked out of the kale, and its texture is nice... like cooked spinach. All the veggies, and the black-eyed peas, cooked perfectly in 30 minutes under pressure.

That recipe is a keeper... for now.

I usually have a hard time getting kale down, but no problem whatsoever getting it out. Goes through my gutttyworks like a bobsled. We shall see if a disaster lurks. I must be on guard and trust no farts for the next day or so.
What no beer in it?

THE FEZ MAN

Shockingly I’ve gotten away from using beer in any of my cooking, I used to use it all the time, but the Mrs isn’t a fan, I don’t miss it, I substitute rice wine where applicable

Bobobie

The doctor said I had to lower my carbs, so stopped making stew recipes with potatoes and made Hocks and Beans instead. Then he said my Potassium was too high and to cut out the beans. Now I'm using cabbage and sweet potatoes in everything and it tastes like ass.

THE FEZ MAN

The doctor said I had to lower my carbs, so stopped making stew recipes with potatoes and made Hocks and Beans instead. Then he said my Potassium was too high and to cut out the beans. Now I'm using cabbage and sweet potatoes in everything and it tastes like ass.

Oh but I’m sure you are cutting epic gassers

Ya I pretty much cut out all the white bread in my diet... and use that Lavish flat bread shit now.

Creasy Bear

Donator
OH! Good you mentioned it.

Cabbage. Warning... danger.

Cabbage in the Instant Pot... beware. It traps all the nasty cabbage gas in the pot as it cooks, and then it releases it in a concentrated, noxious cloud when you vent the pot. It's enough to knock you over. It's like Franko farting in your face the morning after St. Paddy's day. Potentially lethal.

I highly recommend taking your Instant Pot outdoors to vent when cooking cabbage. You'll be glad ya did! God bless.

THE FEZ MAN

OH! Good you mentioned it.

Cabbage. Warning... danger.

Cabbage in the Instant Pot... beware. It traps all the nasty cabbage gas in the pot as it cooks, and then it releases it in a concentrated, noxious cloud when you vent the pot. It's enough to knock you over. It's like Franko farting in your face the morning after St. Paddy's day. Potentially lethal.

I highly recommend taking your Instant Pot outdoors to vent when cooking cabbage. You'll be glad ya did! God bless.
You spoilsport

THE FEZ MAN

Wow! A year of neglect of my wonderful thread! See what happens when I’m banned from facebook!

So, it’s kimchi season....

THE FEZ MAN

I love that shit. I might have to try to make it at some point.
It’s really easy, but be warned it will stink up your entire house hence why I only make it in the fall so I can leave it out on my deck to ferment

THE FEZ MAN

Two updates, I bought a “real” instant pot, got it at Costco, I made a stew the other day that turned out poorly, in my old pot stew meat took 30 mins give or take and it came out great, I did 30 mins in the new pot? It turned into some weird gruel textured gloop that had an underlying flavor of plastic, that’s what is kind of strange, I think it’s actually the carrots that gave it that weird taste and the meat wasn’t actually stew meat but flap steak that wasn’t labeled in the freezer, but it was quite unpleasant and I tossed it to the chickens.

The latest batch of kimchi has been jarred up and I will say it’s pretty damn good and probably my best batch yet, it stunk the entire house up. My new secret ingredient

THE FEZ MAN

Why don't u bury it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’m not a fan of shovels, and, I’m slightly concerned that something might dig it up

Because a gallon jar of it is six bucks.
Exactly, I can make a large amount for basically pennies, the damn jars are worth more than The kimchi inside them