Cool TV Stands?

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Since I just got a new Plasma 42" TV, I'll need a stand. Any good ones you know of? Maybe one that has places for stuff too.

Thanks for any help!

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
here is mine, i have a lofted ceiling living room, pine, sort of a cabin look...So i wanted real wood. This is from the ...ahem..kathy ireland collection..search for it. It has tons of parts, but i just got the stand and the riser for the TV. I like how the center channel sits under the tv. The tv is a 46" Samsung LCD for size comparison...It cost like $800 (the stand) but I wanted real wood. It weighs 300lbs. Vents great. The backs are removable and you can thread cables nicely. If you look you can see i cut/made 2 spacer blocks of wood b/c my center channel was like 7.5 inches high and you can only fit a 7 inch speaker underneath... I have a 2.5yo so all the doors kept little fingers away from the buttons :) That is a plastic "don't touch" guard in front of the cable box in the center there...Oh, the drawers are awesome. they hold TONS of DVDs. THe dog is a model xx2003 Jackhuahua (It's my half Jack Russell/Half chihuahua)

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Put it on the wall silly. That's what flat panels are for.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
here is mine, i have a lofted ceiling living room, pine, sort of a cabin look...So i wanted real wood. This is from the ...ahem..kathy ireland collection..search for it. It has tons of parts, but i just got the stand and the riser for the TV. I like how the center channel sits under the tv. The tv is a 46" Samsung LCD for size comparison...It cost like $800 (the stand) but I wanted real wood. It weighs 300lbs. Vents great. The backs are removable and you can thread cables nicely. If you look you can see i cut/made 2 spacer blocks of wood b/c my center channel was like 7.5 inches high and you can only fit a 7 inch speaker underneath... I have a 2.5yo so all the doors kept little fingers away from the buttons :) That is a plastic "don't touch" guard in front of the cable box in the center there...Oh, the drawers are awesome. they hold TONS of DVDs. THe dog is a model xx2003 Jackhuahua (It's my half Jack Russell/Half chihuahua)
Nice stand. best place for the center channel speaker also. real wood always costs more but is worth it.

my 1999 model weeniewawa weenie dog/chihuahua

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Since I just got a new Plasma 42" TV, I'll need a stand. Any good ones you know of? Maybe one that has places for stuff too.

Thanks for any help!
How much do you want to spend? Are you mounting your tv to the wall, or would you like to mount the tv to the stand its self? Do you want wood or glass and metal? How many components do you have?

Check out bdiusa.com. They are one of my high end tv stand companies. Each tv stand is designed to be in proportion(sp?) to the size of tv you have. I like the Avion 8528. http://bdiusa.com/avfurniture/avion_8528.shtml It is designed for up to a 46" tv. Plenty of space for components and a center channel. Retails @$1399

The coolest one i currently carry on my showroom floor is the concours. http://bdiusa.com/avfurniture/concours.shtml You mount the Tv to the stand and it gives you plenty of space for DVD's and components. Great wire guide system as well. It would be perfect for a 42" tv. Retails @ $1299

Also check out eq3.com and sitcomfurniture.com

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I just use the stand that came with my 52" LG DLP, it was free

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I only have a 32" tv, so I went with this

It fit & it has adequate storage... good to house stuff under a wall mount, may look small with anything over 42"

I can't stand the other cabinet on the side. (it's my roommate's and works for the ps2 and old tapes & shit... ) would have went bigger if not for that, but the long term plan is to use this in a bedroom.. either with the TV on top again or on the wall. I keep all my discs in folder(s) in the right cab.

I used to have a 300 CD changer in there, but I'm using it somewhere else. Gonna buy a 5 changer instead.

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
Put it on the wall silly. That's what flat panels are for.
thats all well and good, but where do i put all the fancy stereo equipment i own?

gotta have a stand for that too

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
plus, I MUST have doors b/c my kid loves pushing all the buttons and knows how to crank the onkyo...dora on 99 is a bit too much..that is why i didn't go w/ aluminum arm w/ glass tiers

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
thats all well and good, but where do i put all the fancy stereo equipment i own?

I've done plenty with them all in a closet.. multi room, switching, PA, whatever.

About to work up a Niles audio system soon. Gotta walk the house this weekend... or whenever we're both free. Holy shit is that stuff expensive.. I can't justify paying this kind of money unless I get sexual favors during the evening news.

When I cook up the system, I'll post it and let you bash first. :action-sm Promise.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT

My friend had his mounted on the wall, then below the TV, he had shelves built into (deep) the wall below the tv. Everything was wired behind the wall as well. Looked real clean, all the components flush with the wall. Wish I had a pic for you. If you have the space behind the drywall, this is the way to go.