OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Cop faces firing after stopping beating.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Video at the link
    http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-officer-may-be-fired-after-stopping-beatdown,0,2795580.story

Ok, question for the cops on here. Do you guys get ANY training in dealing with people with medical problems? One would assume that police responding to someone with a medical issue would use some caution and have a little more care for the situation. Are you trained to recognize when someone is suffering a medical condition, instead of just being an asshole? This is about the 4th recent case I have read about someone with a medical problem getting the shit kicked out of them/ killed by the cops. A schizophrenic that was beaten to death, a diabetic was beaten, a guy whose life-alert pendant went off was shot to death, an old man with dementia was beaten...

2. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Yes. Isolate and contain. Sometimes that's not possible.

And we need a pc term for retart strength. That's IS a factor.

3. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

There is a trial going on for a guy that punched an Omaha Police Officer in the back of the head. The mans cousin had just died in the emergency room after being shot and he went ape shit. There were a dozen Omaha officers standing right there when he did it. The jumped on the guy. When all was said and done, two officers were fired, both of them were woman and fired for continuing to kick the man. The guy on the ground was screaming moonbat crazy. The video doesn't have sound, but this guy was cursing officers.

So in short, yes we are trained to deal with crazy people...but shit happens when you resist arrest with violence. Anybody notice a state trooper in that video? When he saw the woman officers kicking the suspect he decided to stay the fuck out of it.

4. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

That honestly didn't look that bad, except the guy who was still kicking him in the head at :50. The difference is, this guy actually attacked someone. In the examples I gave, the people hadn't done anything wrong. In the OP, the cops knew they were responding to a guy with a medical problem and immediately attacked him before he did anything to anyone else.

I know most of you guys are great at your job, but you almost never hear a story about a cop stepping in and stopping one of their own when they are obviously over reacting. That video you posted didn't show a single cop stopping the women from kicking that guy once he was restrained.

5. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Does it really matter if somebody is e-tard-rayed or just a belligerent asshole? A problem child is a problem child. It shouldn't matter that he came off the long bus or the short bus, the procedure for handling a combative person should be standard procedure in either situation.

6. Creasy Bear

Donator

Just watched the vid... meh. Where I went to school we had a name for a tussle of that sort... we called it "recess".

7. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

So, a person suffering from a diabetic episode, where they are incoherent and physically unable to comply with police commands should be punched in the face and kicked before being cuffed?

BTW, I don't think that kicking a person in the face should ever be considered an acceptable police tactic.

[video=youtube;3OLQMImO5N0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OLQMImO5N0&feature=related[/video]

8. Creasy Bear

Donator

I'm not talking about the situation in the video above... that was OBVIOUS police brutality bullshit. There was no "combative subject"... retarded or otherwise... and there certainly wasn't any sort of diabetic tomfoolery involved.

Furthermore... an incoherent person who is unable to comply with commands wouldn't exactly be "combative" now would they?

I wrangled a few diabetics(or "breakdancers" as we called them) back in my volunteer ambulance corps days, and I certainly wouldn't classify that as "combat".

9. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

I watched that video and can't tell exactly what happened. I never trust the press to report the truth when a question of excessive force is brought up. But it seems that for whatever reason an officer went hands on, and kooky pants resisted which does result in an elevated use of force. The one picture of the female officer trying to back off the other officer is hardly the "a'ha!" moment for the situation. The fact that the kooky pants wasn't armed is a moot point. If I have to go hands on with anybody, I assume they are armed and if they resist they are going down. She can question the other officer's judgement AFTER the subject is placed in cuffs, not during the take down.

I've seen two videos were a diabetic was forcibly removed from a vehicle because the officers thought they were drunk drivers. Unfortunately it happens. It's one of the reasons that type 1 diabetics should have some sort of signage on their vehicles.

10. Creasy Bear

Donator

I'll respond to the ninja edit...

Yeah, I'll give you that the kick to the face was a tad in-cordial. But as far as the guy taking a drubbing because the officers mistook his diabetic antics for belligerence... oh fucking well... it walked like a duck and quacked like a duck.

That'll teach you to keep your blood sugar levels under control, Mister Sweet Tooth.

11. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I watched the original video again, and it is unclear what happened at the very beginning. The female cop said the male basically ran straight from his car and tackled the guy. The video starts just a split second before the tackle, so it is very difficult to tell what led up to it. I'll give you that. My main complaint is that there often seems to be very little assessment of the situation before people get tackled or shot. I don't think I need to post the video of a drug raid where the swat team kills a guy from 10 feet away because he was holding a golf club, and he hits the ground before anyone even yells "drop the weapon". I understand that cops want to make it home to their families at night, but I think that a lot of situations could be safely assessed before initiating force.

THP, What if the diabetic guy had reached into his pocket while the cop had his gun drawn? I would almost guarantee he would have fired on the guy immediately. Reaching for anything (no matter the person's medical or mental state) is pretty much a death sentence.

12. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Hey Josh.. how Long should they wait? Until the golf club comes swinging? Until the gun is pointed at them? I get you can't just blast away at any move someone makes but this is why I always say follow what's being told to you by the police and, more likely than not, there won't be a problem. And by problem I mean blood and death shit.

And i'll take it a step further. You see those uniforms around.. hands up, shut up, don't move. No problems what so ever.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

13. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Actually, yes. Wait until the club is swinging. A swat team member in full gear has very little to fear from a guy with a golf club. Especially if said guy is across the room. Apparently I do need to post the video. One guy in boxer shorts with a golf club is about 10 feet away from FULLY ARMORED swat team members, and they decide they need to kill him BEFORE even telling him to "get on the ground". They tell him to get on the ground after they pump three rounds into him and he falls dead.

[video=youtube;iFEHlkr0lHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEHlkr0lHs[/video]

BTW, this shooting was ruled as being justified.

14. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

She was placed on sammich duty.

15. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

The massah shooting a slave in his own home is always good. Its fact that they are lowering standards to be a cop so we will see more and more of this stuff. Some of these dummies can't even get the correct address so they end up raiding the wrong house and killing your dog for drug nonsense. End the war on drugs or restrict these raids so they can only happen when there is an actual victim.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I really don't understand how, as a cop, you would barge into an unknown situation where your life might be at risk without even bothering to get the right fucking address. If I am going to put my life on the line (especially for a plant or chemical) I want to know every fucking detail by heart. Citizens and pets aren't the only casualties in the bullshit war on drugs, plenty of cops get themselves killed so someone can't smoke weed or snort coke. What a fucking waste.