Cop tazes guy for not signing a speeding ticket

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
Feb 15, 2006
Your moms box.
[media]http://www.break.com/index/dude-tazered-for-not-signing-ticket.html[/media]
It's cops like this that make the 98% of respectable officers look bad.
Power tripping cunt.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I bet he doesn't have to pay the ticket now. :)

Nov 29, 2006
FL
It's 9.5 minutes long. I got shit to do.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
In what world does "Place your hands behind your back" mean "Give me an indignant look while walking away from me"

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I watched the whole thing, that cop is so fucked. That guy was pretty brave, he even protected his girl by pulling the cop away from her while he was handcuffed.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
In what world does "Place your hands behind your back" mean "Give me an indignant look while walking away from me"
In what world does a cop own you for a minor speeding violation?

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
In what world does a cop own you for a minor speeding violation?
In the world where he says "You're under arrest" The time to fight about it is in court. If a cop says "Place your hands behind your back" that's exactly what you do as fast as you can do it.

Look, Dude puts his hands behind his back gets cuffed. If the cop has nothing to arrest and book him for, worst that happens is he spends 10 minutes in cuffs.

People need to remember, fight in court because you're not winning an argument with a cop on the roadside. Shouldn't start an argument with a cop in the first place. Yes sir officer, sign here officer? You're right officer. Then go back and check/photograph the signs and bring your lawyer to court. Once the ticket is written your getting a ticket. It doesn't matter how you explain, what you say, what you do, your getting a ticket.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
You never fight with a cop on the street, you'll lose ever time. Take it to court, lawyer up and if you believe your rights were violated, sue.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
The title should read. "Cop places man under arrest for refusing to sign speeding ticket. Man walks away from cop despite requests to place hands behind back. Cop tases man and places him under arrest" Getting the ticket and signing it is a promise to show up in court. If you don't sign, you wait in jail until your trial date.

I watched the whole thing, that cop is so fucked. That guy was pretty brave, he even protected his girl by pulling the cop away from her while he was handcuffed.

He'll be lucky if that move doesn't result in extra charges after the officer reviews the tape. You can't interfere with an officer like that.

I will guarantee that this guy not only paid the ticket but was charged and convicted of at least one count misdemeanor resisting arrest and the cop was not disciplined in the least.

Edit: Follow Up

Fox News Utah said:
Utah Man Files Excessive Force Complaint After Tasing
Last Edited: Wednesday, 21 Nov 2007, 7:36 AM MST
Created: Wednesday, 21 Nov 2007, 6:34 AM MST
-
SideBar

Related Items
Links
Tell Us What You Think
Videos

A Roosevelt man has filed a complaint against the Utah Highway Patrol after a trooper tasered him during a traffic stop in Uintah County, citing excessive force.

UHP released the dash-cam video to Massey, who posted it on YouTube.

The video shows what happened when Massey refused to sign a speeding ticket in September of 2007. The trooper in the video defends his actions, saying Massey refused orders when told to put his hands behind his back.

UHP is investigating to determine if the trooper followed policy. Besides filing a formal complaint, Massey is considering filing a lawsuit.
This guy doesn't stand a chance. He and the officer were about the same size and the cop was alone. The second officer didn't arrive until later. The guy was walking back towards his car for what? A weapon? To drive away? The officer was well within his rights to grab the man and wrestle him into handcuffs while kneeling on his neck.

Even if you're 100% in the right, let's say the cops think you're someone you aren't you're just walking down the street and a cop asks you to place your hands behind your back. You do it. You don't ask why, you don't pull away, you don't ask "What the hell's the matter with you" you put your hands behind your back and wait to see what happens.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Driver is just dumb for even trying to argue his way out of a ticket, a simple "I'm sorry...I really didn't see the sign." is enough.

But the cop is an asshole for sure, he was too quick to yank the guy in the first place.

Can't wait to see the video when some poor schlub gets tazed and cracks his melon fucking head open on the pavement cause some cop didn't want to "waste his time."

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
In the world where he says "You're under arrest" The time to fight about it is in court. If a cop says "Place your hands behind your back" that's exactly what you do as fast as you can do it.
is that what your parents taught you? Blind obedience to authority?

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
The signing of the ticket isnt an admission of guilt. Its just to say you received the citation. Maybe the cop didnt disclose that but its the way I've always gotten them.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I'm usually right on the cop's side in these, but not this time.

The guy did was not aggressive enough that he deserved to be tased. I know you will disagree, but that's how it appears to me.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Cops like this need to understand that not all of us are used to being in trouble with the law....we don't know "your rules".

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
is that what your parents taught you? Blind obedience to authority?
You're going for a ride either way. What's the difference. My parents taught me to be smart and fight battles I can actually win. You take all your anti-authoritarian notions with you to jail and pay your extra fine for resisting. I'll take my ticket and be on my way thank you and I'll see you in court.

And signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt in most states. In NY or NJ they just hand it to you and if you wish to plead guilty then you sign the back where it says "I plead Guilty" In many states, Utah among them apparently, signing is a promise to show up in court so that you don't have to go to jail now. You refuse to sign, you go to jail now.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Most traffic tickets are in lieu of arrest, so technically you are under arrest, just released at the same time.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
But the cop is an asshole for sure, he was too quick to yank the guy in the first place.
This is true. The officer should have said at least once "If you refuse to sign you'll be placed under arrest"

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
I think the cop gets reprimanded after they review the tape. He turned his back on the guy for several seconds after he says he's placing him under arrest it seems. Then he lied to his superior about the guy jumping up and down near the road. The motorist was pretty calm IMO. Very unprofessional by the cop.

NortonsHeiny

Ronnie B Rocks my Fat Ass
Nov 14, 2005
New Jersey
First of all you have no right to resist arrest even if the arrest if unlawful. Second of all the man was told to stop and that he was under arrest. So if the cop walks up to the guy grabs him and a fight ensues which results in the guy getting the shit kicked out of him and bloodied then the cop is still an asshole. In most states the us of a taser, oc spray, K9, and night stick are considered mechanical force. Why not tase him and end the fight before it starts. You cant resist arrest and if you want to split hairs, he resists by not immediately complying.

And everyone goes fucking nuts over someone getting a "minor traffic ticket" and nothing ever goes wrong on minor traffic stops. Check the Officer Down Web sight and how many cops DIE on minor traffic stops.

Socialenemy69

Jun 19, 2007
Vancouver, BC In the Rainy Season
here in Canada we dont have to sign a ticket, if we do it is not a admission of guilt. After a ticket is written you can either Pay it within 30 days and get some of the fine decreased. Or you can dispute it and go to court, or you can wait until after the 30 days and pay the full ticket amount.

Some people are stupid, when a police officer says something do it. They have to deal with many shit bags on a daily bases and sometimes even put their lives on the line, so even if you are squeaky clean and you disobey or resist, you are just asking for it because they dont like to take unnecessary chances.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
The cop was in the wrong from the moment he asked the driver to exit the vehicle. A speeding ticket is not enough to warrant ordering a driver to leave his vehicle. The only reason to make a person exit the vehicle is if you need to search him or the vehicle or you need to arrest him. And the officer did not have probable cause to do any of the three. The cop was in the wrong from the beginning.

The police are not the boss of you until they have reasonable cause to believe you have committed a crime. Traffic violations are not criminal offenses. They cannot issue orders for traffic violations alone.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Until we have our Second Amendment rights fully restored, deal with it like a decent human being.

When the Race War breaks out then all bets are off and it's go time. :icon_mrgr

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I've refused to sign a traffic ticket before and the cop did the proper thing of saying "Well I'm submitting it anyways, you can take it to court." He threw the ditto in my car and drove off. No big deal, signing is symbolic anyways. Still had to dispute the ticket in court, just as I would have done if I hadn't signed it.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
My signature is so illegible it doesn't matter. However, I was pulled over once by a high level police official for trying to run some asshole off the road who deserved it.

The other car turned out to be a rookie cop just off-duty.

Thankfully, I didn't get arrested (reckless endangerment) and was let go because my last name is the same as another officer on the job. It all depends on the situation.