OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Cop threatens assault, murder on camera.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

In Ohio, a CCW holder has a duty to inform the officer that he is a permit holder, whether or not he is carrying. The driver in the video is carrying, but the cop never approaches his side of the vehicle. He is so concerned that the black passengers might be prostitute and pimp that he never bothers to secure the driver before sticking his head in the vehicle.
    This cop could have been shot or dragged along the road by the driver that he never even speaks to before entering his vehicle. When the cop finally approaches the man, he gets out "I have a carry..." before he is cut off and berated for a few minutes by the cop. Eventually he is told to get out where he finally informs the cop. Cop proceeds to lose his mind and threaten to murder the driver for being "stupid".
    [video=youtube;kassP7zI0qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc&feature=share[/video]

2. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Some cops are assholes. I'm shocked that the Earth is still orbiting the Sun after that revelation.

3. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

That cop is a sociopathic piece of shit. Guys like that deserve to get killed.

4. Creasy Bear

Donator

And just think... that petty tyrant KNOWS he's on camera! Imagine how that rabid mutt behaves when he knows he's not being observed.

5. Lord Zero

I hope the next time we see his face is in a picture on the news above a text that reads "19XX - 2011".

6. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Canton Ohio dosen't have a good record when it comes to the cops they hire

7. Creasy Bear

Donator

As a wise man(me) once said...

The people who most want to be cops, are often the last people who should be cops.

8. Lord Zero

"Words of wisdom, Three Hole. Words of wisdom."

[​IMG]

9. Creasy Bear

Donator

Whoa... that's creepy as hell.

10. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

That douche bag should eat his pistol.

11. Creasy Bear

Donator

Here's what went through that cop's head on the day they handed him his badge...

"Finally. Now all those fuckers who called me Billy Pisspants back in grade school are going to pay. Oh, are they going to pay!"

12. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I know, but every time someone posts one of these types of threads all we ever hear is "this is a small minority... most cops are good... this is an isolated incident... 1 in a million...". Eventually, after seeing enough videos surface you have to admit that maybe it is a bigger problem than some people like to admit.

13. caniseeyourtaint

caniseeyourtaint Passive agressive douche

They ARE isolated incidents. Cops are people. People are assholes. There could be 100 videos of some cops being douches posted here and it would still be 1 in a million.

14. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

We must eliminate the "people" factor...

[​IMG]

15. LastDeadMouse

LastDeadMouse WWRBD?

We all know that these are isolated incidents. We all know that most cops are upstanding people. The problem is they protect the worst of their ranks. If a good cop doesn't want to be lumped in with the asshole cops, don't stand up for them.

Just skip ahead to 13:47

"And he would have been a nice witness as I executed you because you're stupid"

That's the problem.

16. Creasy Bear

Donator

Yes... the guy is a problem, but, as much as I hate to admit it, there are places and situations in which you need asshole cops just like this guy. Every inner city savage neighborhood precinct could use a guy like him... or 2 or 20. Guys like this are only a problem when they can't "turn their shit off" and save it for the people and situations where it's called for.

You shouldn't pigeon hole "good cops" and "bad cops"... or expect that all cops should be popped out of the same mould.

One neighborhood's problem is another hood's solution.

17. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

Well since you previously posted that you were a Marine, then every time I watch Heartbreak Ridge or Jarhead or some other youtube video I find on Marines it should automatically lead me to believe that you are all nothing but a bunch of drunken, drug addict, psychopaths especially since "it may be a bigger problem than some people like to admit".

No offense to any military folks out there, just making a point about generalizations.

18. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

if this guy shoots one or two dozen young people, that would be a good start.

19. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

The people in charge that don't fire the asshole cops are NWO controlled puppets.

20. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Actually, yes. If you don't understand that EVERY fraternal-type organization covers for its own flaws, then you are crazy. When you hear stories about Marines or whoever being drunks and starting trouble, there are probably 20 more stories that you never hear about. In Okinawa, the local hate us, because they are a very respectful and reserved culture and every 6 months or so, some drunk idiot Marine r@pes one of their women. It's not a stereotype, the shit really happens. These aren't rumors of police being dicks, there are hundreds or thousands of videos proving it. If 10 years ago you had never seen a video of a cop beating the shit out of some innocent guy, you could assume that maybe it never really happened or that the guy was lying or that it almost never happened, but now that we see hundreds of videos of guys just like this (or worse) you have to either conclude that this is a new problem or that this shit has really been going on forever and we are only seeing a small percentage of the incidents that actually get recorded.

Since you remember that I posted about being a Marine, you should also remember that I have said that I don't hate the police or that I don't think all or even most cops are like this. The biggest problem is that this type of shit is somewhat accepted. If there had been no video of this incident, this guy's partner would never have told his supervisor that he threatened to kill a guy who was legally carrying a gun and if the driver complained he would have been called a liar and who would believe a criminal anyway? Society, rightly, tends to take the cop's word over the supposed criminal, but with every one of these videos we are seeing that maybe we shouldn't be giving them the benefit of the doubt and maybe we should actually investigate this type of shit. As much as I hate the "sexual harassment" culture, women used to complain about being harassed forever, but no one gave a fuck. Then someone took the time to investigate and found out that the shit was real and rampant. Once it gets exposed and it costs companies millions of dollars, it gets squashed.

What I want is for the culture to change where people realize that just because this guy has a badge, he has no right to threaten to kill me for what he deems to be "stupid". Just because you have a badge doesn't mean that I have to assent to whatever you tell me to do when I have done nothing wrong. What was stupid was crawling into a stranger's car to search it without even getting the driver from behind the wheel or checking to find out if the guy had a gun or not.
    To be fair, here is a great cop that understands that people have rights and that his badge is not a free pass to violate those rights if the person is not braking the law.
    [video=youtube;WMMPV4D6cs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMPV4D6cs0&feature=player_embedded#at=53[/video]

21. Creasy Bear

Donator

Speaking of the NWO...

22. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

[​IMG]

23. Creasy Bear

Donator

Yeah... that hack joke was hilarious the first 50 times you wrasslin' fan numbskulls used it.

24. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

I never said that you hated cops. The point of my post was for you to be aware of the fact that generalizations are a very dangerous thing especially since you are a Marine. I know plenty of Marines and because they have the reputation they have due to the actions of a few spoiling the bunch I would never judge the majority of them. I believe in judging a person on their character and their actions rather than the race, sex or group affilitation.

Also for your statement that behavior like this is accepted, whether the general public would like to think so or not, "The Blue Wall of Silence" is long fucking gone. I don't know one person on this planet that is a cop right now that would jeopardize their pension and career for the foolish mistakes of another. The behavior people are seeing on youtube and the news is only more prevalent now because we as a society are more socially aware. More people are carrying smart phones and cameras and capturing random events on the street on film. It is because of this that these are more violations seen and that they are more documented and available to the public. Any major department with a Civilian Complaint Review Board (and this is from friends who are NYPD, Dallas, and LAPD) are more likely at first to side with the civilians who lodge the complaint than the Officer himself. Even in my own agency that I work for is so politically misaligned that they would take the side of the individual complaining against us than the Officer him or herself.

I can guarantee that when it came time to answer up for what happened on tape the Officer's partner definitely did not side with him. That is not to say that if there was not a recorded record of the event that they would've done whatever they wanted and their word would've been take as gospel. As a Police Officer, you do what you can to protect one another out on the streets but there is definitely a limit. The days of the BAR (Beat and Release) are loooong gone. You never know when there is a camera out there on you and you never know whom you are encoutering. The person he pulled over could've been a nephew to the mayor or councilman or whatever. You just never know with whom you are coming into contact with. There are people in every career field who should have never ended up there. But that shouldn't lead to the generalizations that "well because we are seeing more in mainstream media and youtube that all cops (or insert whatever group) are all fucked up because they do whatever".

The department I worked for, I was trained by the old school 70's and 80's guys. I've seen a lot of shit out on the street and learned a lot from these guys. The Officers on the job used to joke that our department motto was "don't get excited, you've just been indicted" due to the Officers I worked with were basically thugs and gang members themselves. I have seen the changes from that style of training to how it is now a days. Nobody wants to lose a pension, job, or go to prison for their partners or their own fuck ups. It is all about C.Y.A (Cover Your Ass) now adays.

Whether the guy had a badge or not, no one has a right to threaten to kill anyone. His actions are negatively amplified due to the fact he is a COP, he is a trusted public law enforcement figure. Also him sticking his head into the car wasn't some half assed way to illegally search the car. When cops do that they try to catch things that are in "plain view" and or try to catch a whiff of alcohol or drugs which will allow them legally to further search the vehicle and persons without consent.

There are Cops out there that give us a bad name, but there are millions out there that are doing it right every day.

25. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

I can say with 100% certainty that this Canton officer needs to be evaluated and retired with psycho pension. He has been at it too long, or he was a bad hire.

Oh, and there are 100,000+ police officers in this country that are on the streets daily. You either see videos of lousy cops, or cops being protested by schwoogies that think they are entitled to lives of crime without consequence. Rarely does a good cop story make it past the local papers or tv.